Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So what about cancellation after the 5 minutes? Plus I never got an email regarding this did anyone?

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I didn't get an email either...I don't see this as "screwing the drivers over". Your meter starts as you wait. I bet you can still choose to no-show them at 5 minutes.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I didn't get an email either...I don't see this as "screwing the drivers over". Your meter starts as you wait. I bet you can still choose to no-show them at 5 minutes.
This is Uber's answer to ending no-show/$5 cancellations.
They make the ticker automatically start 2 minutes after you arrive so that now you're committed to sitting there waiting for 15¢ per minute ... after you've already wasted the first 2 minutes unpaid.

If you cancel after 5 minutes, you get nothing. But you do get a strike against you for the cancellation.

Tim, you've been around long enough to know that whenever Uber changes anything, it's only to benefit the pax and to screw the driver.
Always!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
It just seems weird to me that they didn't let anyone know. Wonder if cancellation is gone? Riders can keep the 12 cents a minute that doesn't do me any good. I'd rather have cancellation after 5.

·
Premium Member
8,075 Posts
It just seems weird to me that they didn't let anyone know. Wonder if cancellation is gone? Riders can keep the 12 cents a minute that doesn't do me any good. I'd rather have cancellation after 5.
In markets where this has been implemented, drivers are paid for the 3 minutes that previously went unpaid - and drivers continue to have the ability to cancel the trip: no-show AND receive the cancellation fee
(if applicable in that market - as it is here in CLE/AKR/CAN/Y-Town).

This isn't about drivers - it's about riders: putting in place an incentive to keep the system moving so Uber can complete more rides. It just coincidentally happens that it benefits drivers.

I have not (yet?) received any notice of this going into effect in CLE/NEO - and I have not heard from any of the 25 or 30 drivers I talk to everyday that any of them have received this notice
(and we're all on the rider app everyday, even if just to check to see where other drivers are).

Reactions: Tim In Cleveland

·
Premium Member
8,075 Posts
Just summoned a car on my rider app. I didn't get that prompt. Perhaps only Uber8er will have his meter run, lol.
Uber is notorious for sending out the wrong the email/txt/notice to the wrong people.
Mind boggling.

As one notable here in UP.net observes:
>> "Tech Company" my ass. <<

·
Registered
114 Posts
I got this "2 minute message" today when I used Uber as a Pax, car is in the shop. Looks to be a good thing if the 5 minute cancellation fee is not changed. Granted 12 cent per minute is not a lot but this could help in getting Pax moving a bit quicker.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I got this "2 minute message" today when I used Uber as a Pax, car is in the shop. Looks to be a good thing if the 5 minute cancellation fee is not changed. Granted 12 cent per minute is not a lot but this could help in getting Pax moving a bit quicker.
It so will! They won't think "it's only a quarter for 2 minutes". They will only think "this is costing me" and hustle out to the car. I bet we all get mighty patient at 3.5x and above

·
Premium Member
4,920 Posts
This is just preparing the market for Pool.

Pool pisses the first rider off when the 2nd rider takes forever to come out. So Uber is preparing Cleveland riders so that when pool begins, the riders have already learned they better be ready to go when they make the request.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts