Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
https://www.bostonherald.com/busine...s_uber_of_patently_false_logan_airport_charge

There was a Logan Massport Surcharge & Toll' of $8.75 for passengers. Was it added to the total charge and Travis took his 25% or did they keep it all?
POST # 1/Toby: Ask Golfermack to get
the glados-approved
"Local Market Company Line" with the
#Travis K. Whatapr♤♡k's "Imprimatur" as
The Current AntiChrist and TechnoBeast666.

Be sure to Tweet the Responses as being
"Straight from the Unholy Godhead" and
to offer the Long-Suffering chi1cabby a Measure
of Comic Relief.

"Enduring the Slings, Arrows and
..AutoBots of OutRageous #[F]Uber, for
...Justice Sake and UPNF's Common Weal."
That's YOUR Bison!

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Haven't used Uber for two months, but before that the $8.75 was 100% for the driver just as the tolls are. So unless they change it, that is supposed to be yours. I have never received an answer as to what this Massport/Logan fee is. Looking at pricing I assume it is the $3.50 toll combined with the $5.25 Massport fee commercial/taxi drivers have to pay every time they enter the airport. Perhaps this is left over from the days before UberX, when UberBlack was the only available service. Since they encourage Black drivers to accept X rides, it would make sense that they decided to add it to every airport ride to keep rider charges consistent even though X drivers don't have to pay it. So it is basically a $5.25 bonus for your airport run on X ($5.75 if you use EZpass to pay the toll).

Reactions: Casuale Haberdasher

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
They're on the right track, but unfortunately suing the wrong person. Unless SF handles the fee differently than Boston, the fee is actually going to the driver and not Uber/Lyft. Which means the driver is supposed to be paying the airport the fee. I was told commercial vehicles use a transponder which automatically charges the driver the airport fee so the airport is definitely getting that fee. But any driver that doesn't have a transponder is obviously pocketing that fee. If Uber isn't paying the driver the fee they charged, then they are definitely pocketing it.

Reactions: Casuale Haberdasher

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
POST # 5/chi1cabby : Thank You, again,
for this, and ALL
THE OTHER .....nearly EIGHT THOUSAND
News/News-related Hyperlinked Articles/
Alerts/Charts/Graphs/Insider information/
Legislation/Videos/YouTUBEs that have
made UPNF the World Leader as A-B TNC Resource and Community that
it has become TODAY!

PLEASE JOIN ME IN THANKING
Our # 1 Notable.. chi1cabby !

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
The whole fee is suppose to go to the driver, suppose to cover tolls and a little extra for driver, because they can't do a pickup at the airport, for the dead miles. Nothing for massport, they actual sued or asked uber to change the name of it, it is now called airport fee but massport is still not happy because riders think it is something massport adds on.

I just read an article about it earlier today. http://m.myinforms.com/en-us/a/1684...-uber-of-patently-false-logan-airport-charge/
POST # 9/NH_Uber_Driver: What ?
You didn't notice
that the Website credits Boston Herald
Story directly ? All that You've done is
to copy Toby's Effort.

If You want the Credit, AT LEAST come
up with a DIFFERENT ORIGINAL SOURCE!
Use chi1cabby as Your Guide.
JEEPERS!

Mentoring Bison: Lil' Exasperated.

·
Registered
315 Posts
POST # 9/NH_Uber_Driver: What ?
You didn't notice
that the Website credits Boston Herald
Story directly ? All that You've done is
to copy Toby's Effort.

If You want the Credit, AT LEAST come
up with a DIFFERENT ORIGINAL SOURCE!
Use chi1cabby as Your Guide.
JEEPERS!

Mentoring Bison: Lil' Exasperated.
Love the Bison! As one of your devoted followers, I must thank you for the chuckle today. Thanks! *smiling*

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
P
Love the Bison! As one of your devoted followers, I must thank you for the chuckle today. Thanks! *smiling*
POST # 10/Jedi Driver: Thank You for
your sincere Bon Mots.
After consulting with Mssrs. Merriam,
Webster, Funk & Wagnalls Ltd., you
have, by Your Own Definition, become
my Acolyte. I graciously accept, and
will Work even harder to Deserve your
Continuing Trust.

Bison Admires.
Bison Inspires!

·
Registered
315 Posts
P

POST # 10/Jedi Driver: Thank You for
your sincere Bon Mots.
After consulting with Mssrs. Merriam,
Webster, Funk & Wagnalls Ltd., you
have, by Your Own Definition, become
my Acolyte. I graciously accept, and
will Work even harder to Deserve your
Continuing Trust.

Bison Admires.
Bison Inspires!
One might also say I'm your adherent votary, as I've quickly become a habitué of UP and can see that you are an exceptional notable. My apprenticeship continues...may the force be with you Bison!

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
One might also say I'm your adherent votary, as I've quickly become a habitué of UP and can see that you are an exceptional notable. My apprenticeship continues...may the force be with you Bison!
POST # 12/Jedi Driver: "Adherent
Votary" ? JEEPERS!
This is getting serious.
I might have to Reapply for that PT
Boddhisatva Position.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts