Uber Drivers Forum banner

Do you plan to participate in the Uber strike in support of better pay?

• I plan to participate by not driving for Uber October 16 - 18 in support of better pay.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • I am going to drive for Uber October 16 - 18

Votes: 3 42.9%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess you can figure out how I voted! Not driving that weekend. I'm not going to engage in the call/cancel campaign. Just not gonna drive.

Reactions: bobper

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
I think it's dumb to stage this on a weekend where part time workers need to work those hours...The ones who work part time probably can't "afford" to ditch a weekend. They should do it on a Monday-Thursday imo.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The Uber strike is really picking up steam in the media as well. For me, I will be out of town that weekend, so the timing is perfect! :) I do agree that the whole "request and cancel" campaign is not good. I think simply not being available for driving should send a strong enough message assuming a vast majority of drivers do the same. The problem is getting ALL to participate. There will be those (even here in DSM) that will take advantage due to the anticipated limited amount of drivers, and will try to cash in. I think for the strike to be effective, at least 50% of all drivers would need to avoid driving that weekend.

But ultimately, it is a personal decision. And it would be hard to think if driving was your bread and butter to pay the bills to not drive on any weekend, let alone Oct. 16-18th. Luckily, I don't have to make that decision since travel plans made it for me!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it's dumb to stage this on a weekend where part time workers need to work those hours...The ones who work part time probably can't "afford" to ditch a weekend. They should do it on a Monday-Thursday imo.
Weekends are when there is the greatest demand for Ubers. That's why it is scheduled for a weekend. What message is sent on a Tues-Thurs? Very little.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts