Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
26,240 Posts
Had someone get money from Uber because of Corona Virus sickness or get some masks or other things to protect yourself ?
I received both masks and sani-wipes.

Several posters who tested positive for COVID-19 did get money from Uber. Do be aware that if you apply to Uber for money, Uber will de-activate you immediately. Most of the posters who did get money have complained that Uber kept trying to invent excuses not to give them anything. Some did persist and get something. There are several topics on the News Boards that discuss how some Uber drivers had to shame Uber publicly to get the money. The lesson here is that if you are going to apply for the funds, be prepared to jump through hoops, go through several denials and take a load of nonsense from Uber.

Welcome to YouPeaDotNet.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts

Several posters who tested positive for COVID-19 did get money from Uber. Do be aware that if you apply to Uber for money, Uber will de-activate you immediately. Most of the posters who did get money have complained that Uber kept trying to invent excuses not to give them anything. Some did persist and get something. There are several topics on the News Boards that discuss how some Uber drivers had to shame Uber publicly to get the money. The lesson here is that if you are going to apply for the funds, be prepared to jump through hoops, go through several denials and take a load of nonsense from Uber.

Welcome to YouPeaDotNet.
What I want to know is how many of those who got money for being sick actually got REACTIVATED. Now I bet that there was a fight in itself....

·
26,240 Posts
What I want to know is how many of those who got money for being sick actually got REACTIVATED. Now I bet that there was a fight in itself....
I had suspected that this would be a problem, but, the only two drivers that I have seen mention this reported that once their medical certification that they had recovered was reviewed, they were immediately re-instated. If any driver has had problems with re-instatement, I have not read about it here.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I had suspected that this would be a problem, but, the only two drivers that I have seen mention this reported that once their medical certification that they had recovered was reviewed, they were immediately re-instated. If any driver has had problems with re-instatement, I have not read about it here.
Good to know. But if I get sick, I don't think $400 is worth reporting to anyone that I am sick. The only way anyone will know if I get sick is if I end up hospitalized. HIPAA law was thrown out the window.

·
Registered
285 Posts

Several posters who tested positive for COVID-19 did get money from Uber. Do be aware that if you apply to Uber for money, Uber will de-activate you immediately.
Hmmmm......
If taking money from Uber gets you DE-Activated.....
I wonder if sending Uber a check with "ReActivation Donation" written on it would work?

·
Premium Member
2,131 Posts
Had someone get money from Uber because of Corona Virus sickness or get some masks or other things to protect yourself ?

Thank you for your answer.
I received a payment of about $350 for getting Covid. I was shocked that they honored their commitment and it only took them 6 business days to process my paperwork

·
Premium Member
2,131 Posts
How long did it take them to put you back on platform is the real question...
After the 14th day they reactivated my account automatically. Which was good and bad. It was good because I can go right back to work with no problems. It was bad because I was still showing mild symptoms. They shouldn't let Drivers back onto the platform until they show proof that they have tested negative for Covid-19. Automatically letting them back on is dangerous to Riders safety but that would actually require Uber to think their policies all the way through which they obviously don't do.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts