Uber Drivers Forum banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 · (Edited)
HOW IS IT UBERING OVER BY DARE ON IN OAK LAWN - I GREW UP IN ALSIP - AND HAVE FRINEDS IN OAK LAWN REALLY HAVE SOME GOOD MEMORIES IN YOUR NEIGHBOR HOOD WENT TO HS AT MARIST. WHEN THE WEATHER GETS WARMMER I MAY DRIVR DOWN THERE AND DO A DAY OR SO OF UBERING JUST FOR TEH YUCKS OF IT MAYBE MEET UP WITH A FRINED AND reminisce GOOD TIMES AND FRINEDS OVER IN THOSE PARTS ME AND MY WIFE STILL OCCASIONALLY WILL GO TO A SERVCE AT FIRST CHURCH OF GOD IN OAK LAWN
Well, I don't strictly stay in the Oak Lawn area when I drive for Uber. However as for that area, I will say that sometimes late at night those bar areas surge big time. Talking about all those near southwest suburbs, not just Oak Lawn. Sometimes the southwest suburbs are like a "Little North Side" if you will during bar hours. During the pandemic before the vaccines when Chicago was still on lockdown, man there was a lot of drinking and partying going on there all through 2020. For me it was great. I could leave my house and be in the thick of it. And I could finish off my night with a DF set to home triggering off 3 or 4 rides on double digit surge, each a shortie just getting some drunk home, then just dropping me off at my doorstep at the end of the night. Be careful picking up anyone from the bar 115 Bourbon Street. That place is as far as I know the drunkest place in Chicagoland every Friday and Saturday. Lots of fun, entertaining passengers for sure, but also lots of pukers or horrible drunks of one kind or another. Actually my closest brush with violence in 4+ years of Ubering happened at that place. A bunch of young drunk, maskless dudes, 2 of them smoking as I pulled up, weren't too happy with me that I couldn't take all 4 of them when the seating capacity was 3...

·
Premium Member
9,122 Posts
I just turned on the from the couch and had 3 requests in about a minute. 2 from the movie theater on Webster and clybourne and a $10 eats order going less than a mile. It will probably be a good night for some but the streets are probably pretty sketchy. My street was white from the salt in the afternoon and while it hasn’t snowed much it hasn’t melted which means at a minimum it will be very slippery and potentially icy

·
Premium Member
9,122 Posts
Very quiet for a Saturday. There are a lot of people walking around in tre neighborhoods and a lot of tourists around Michigan Ave. Not a lot of rides or decent eats orders to be found. I’ve had 4 drops downtown and only a field museum drop off got another pickup. The rest of the time I made it back to lakeview before getting another requests. The bar also look fairly empty for a day with football

·
Premium Member
9,122 Posts
It’s purely anecdotal but I drove people to 2 different weddings today. The first group said there 200 were going to attend and due to Covid the number dropped to about 60. The second group said a lot less were going to go for the same reason. It’s probably a combo of people that have Covid now and ones that haven’t had it and don’t want to get it. At the same time a couple of people said they had it and are now negative so they are going out to make up for lost time.

·
Premium Member
9,122 Posts
Yep. This week has been worse than last week which was worse than the week before. Although being a 3 day weekend doesn’t help

·
Registered
424 Posts
Boost is eats, ctb is pax. Did get some eats quests for tonight and tomorrow though, for 3-5hr windows

·
Premium Member
6,606 Posts
How is Instacart these days? I haven't even looked at it since mid 2020.
Almost 70-80% of the store are instacart shoppers shopping now days in some stores.

But i worked it in the North Shore mostly which is different than the city, or certain areas.

I got the hammer for smoking cigs in my car. Lol. That just gos to show you how the rich are entitled. 🤨

Never a complaint with Uber, but IC gave me the hammer after 1 time. No warning. 😲

But i will never let a “partner” try and tell me i cant smoke cigs in my car. I do not ever smoke weed in my car. So that was the line i crossed. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
9,122 Posts
i was available for both eats and pax. got 15 eats orders and 0 pax requests, even though i saw many people waiting for ubers. go figure.
Easy to believe. I’ve been running both all day and didn’t get a passenger request for 4 hours. Although ears has been horrible also. I think Uber had timing issues as when i showed up for 2 of the first 3 orders they said they just got the order and it wouldn’t be ready for at least 15 minutes so I cancelled. In hindsight I would have waited it out

·
Premium Member
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 · (Edited)
At around 10 pm on the north side Saturday night, the fish really started biting like a regular Saturday night. No surge, but no downtime either. And with $15 CTs from 10pm - 5am, I figured the weekend probably wasn't going to get any better than that. I decided to just go for finishing my Quests before Sunday if possible... which it was. I got 51 rides by 4:40 am Sunday morning. My 50th ride started a CT, so I tried to go for 2 more. But sadly, I waited out the final 8 minutes of my clock waiting for the 3rd ride of the CT that never came.

Anyway, this time I didn't watch my miles or door-to-door times that closely. But the Uber in-app hours are probably pretty close to the mark, even if I throw in the 1 Lyft ride I did for $22.

So I grossed about $897 in 23 hours, or $39/hour.

I burned a bit more gas than usual since I did some longer runs than usual, but in lighter traffic so better mpg than normal. Seems like I used about $65 in gas. Earnings per mile were probably around $2.50/mi.

Overall I'm more than pleased how the weekend turned out. If this is as bad as it's gonna get, it's survivable.
Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Rectangle

·
Premium Member
9,122 Posts
At around 10 pm on the north side Saturday night, the fish really started biting like a regular Saturday night. No surge, but no downtime either. And with $15 CTs from 10pm - 5am, I figured the weekend probably wasn't going to get any better than that. I decided to just go for finishing my Quests before Sunday if possible... which it was. I got 51 rides by 4:40 am Sunday morning. My 50th ride started a CT, so I tried to go for 2 more. But sadly, I waited out the final 8 minutes of my clock waiting for the 3rd ride of the CT that never came.

Anyway, this time I didn't watch my miles or door-to-door times that closely. But the Uber in-app hours are probably pretty close to the mark, even if I throw in the 1 Lyft ride I did for $22.

So I grossed about $897 in 23 hours, or $39/hour.

I burned a bit more gas than usual since I did some longer runs than usual, but in lighter traffic so better mpg than normal. Seems like I used about $65 in gas. Earnings per mile were probably around $2.50/mi.

Overall I'm more than pleased how the weekend turned out. If this is as bad as it's gonna get, it's survivable.
View attachment 638172
As long as you have the first trip before the end of the period you have an unlimited time to complete them

·
Premium Member
9,122 Posts
Not if the 12-hour clock runs out on you before you get your 3rd trip request.
Yeah that will do it. It may be busy tonight as most people are off tomorrow. Today was complete shit. I got in 3 of the ctbs while driving for 5 of the 6 hours they had them. Every pickup was within a few blocks and the longest trip either on a delivery or a ride was less than 2 miles. They bars didn’t look crowded as I drove by which is abnormal with the playoffs today

61 - 80 of 80 Posts