Uber Drivers Forum banner
41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,121 Posts
Thanks. Schools being closed is a big deal, so looks like morning rush this week is beyond consideration again. It will warm up after Monday. If I could be sure I could repeat the CT+Streak deal I got last Monday, I might do it. But this time the CT is 6 - 7 and the Streak is 6:30 - 7:30, so hitting both of those is iffy. I suppose I will pass.
If you want to do eats it will probably be busy at night due to the Alabama Georgia game. Just make sure you dont pick up pizza or chicken wings as they won’t be ready. Kinda like the Mexican places on cinco de mayo

·
Premium Member
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I went out to run some errands today right in the middle of evening rush hour in my neighborhood. Very little traffic. I happened to see the 5 pm Metra Train from DT unloading passengers in Oak Lawn. 3 people exited. Pre-Covid there would have been 50 - 100. Pre-Omicron there would have been maybe 20 - 30.

I went grocery shopping at my local Fairplay Foods at 5:45 pm. It was totally dead in there. Maybe 9 shoppers in the whole store. Half the registers were open and there were literally no lines in any of them.

How is Instacart these days? I haven't even looked at it since mid 2020.

·
Premium Member
9,121 Posts
I did eats today but had uberx turned on also. Maybe 2 requests for rides in 3 hours. Eats was ok at lunch and dead at dinner. I did 1 delivery and turned it off after getting a couple trash requests in 30 minutes.

The streets around DePaul have a lot less cars than normal.

Probably better money selling plasma

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
I did eats in DT for couple hours. Scratched a hundred on 3 apps. Dfs on UL,Eats and downloaded DD again. DD is as it used to be. One sweet ping,then non stop trash for pennies. Insta sends me offers from time to time. Checked it today. Nothing to catch. When you are in the burbs it shows orders in the city. When you are in the city,no orders,only in the burbs. Manipulative trash. Only my fav alco orders paid ok. The rest pays less than 50 cents per item shopped,so not my option.
Metra is always a nice detector. I was in Barrington. 3 cars parked in Metra lot. Emptyness.

·
Premium Member
9,121 Posts
Anthony I started to look at the app around 730 am today. Surges were small and pretty much gone by 815. I’ve been running eats and Ubers x today to try to wrap up a quest and havent had a single passenger request between Ukrainian village on the SW and lakeview on the NE in the 4 hours I’ve had the app on.

·
Premium Member
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Anthony I started to look at the app around 730 am today. Surges were small and pretty much gone by 815. I’ve been running eats and Ubers x today to try to wrap up a quest and havent had a single passenger request between Ukrainian village on the SW and lakeview on the NE in the 4 hours I’ve had the app on.
Yikes, sounds terrible. I was contemplating selecting a quest and driving this weekend but now that I read what you wrote, I'm not so sure I want to. Did you finish your weekday Quest? How many rides and what was your approximate gross dollars per hour?

·
Premium Member
9,121 Posts
Yikes, sounds terrible. I was contemplating selecting a quest and driving this weekend but now that I read what you wrote, I'm not so sure I want to.
Never ever seen a time like it ever. I’d be on the couch with a drink in hand if I didn’t need 5 more trips of any kind to get the quest done. Maybe Lincoln park and lake view are just the wrong place to be driving right now but that would be contrary to the norm and there isn’t even a surge in the loop.

What I find interesting is that it’s I’m not an barely 20 minutes there from downtown to ohare with about 150 in the Uber queue. I guess people are getting requests to the airport ahead of a holiday weekend but no idea where they are getting them

·
Premium Member
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I'm still thinking about doing the 40/50 Quest this weekend, starting early Friday morning. Think I can still gross at least $25/hr?

My Quest is 40 for $150 and then an optional 10 more for $80 more.

There are a bunch of CTs this weekend. The first big span is $14.50 Friday noon - 6 pm. That could be okay money as long as there are rides to be had AND if there aren't dense swarms of hungry ants, drawn out by those same CTs. I guess that's the biggest unknown for this weekend. Predictions?

·
Premium Member
9,121 Posts
I'm still thinking about doing the 40/50 Quest this weekend, starting early Friday morning. Think I can still gross at least $25/hr?

There are a bunch of CTs this weekend. The first big span is $14.50 Friday noon - 6 pm. That could be okay money as long as there are rides to be had AND if there aren't dense swarms of hungry ants, drawn out by those same CTs. I guess that's the biggest unknown for this weekend. Predictions?
I have 125 +65 for the same trips but 18 for the ctb from noon til 6pm. So net probably the same money. Hard to get a feel of things as it is a holiday weekend. At the same time the nfl playoff start and those who had Covid in the past few weeks may go out hard as quarantine is done. Those that haven’t had Covid in the past month will probably continue to lay low

Around me there haven’t been lines at the walk-in sites but the drive thru ones have lines longer than around the holidays. Not sure what it really means asides from people with cars are getting tested more than before and those without aren’t.

The weekend patterns may well be similar but a bit lighter than normal while weekdays remain slower with people working remotely. It’s an odd thing among the under 30 crowd, omicron is too dangerous to go to work in an office but it’s perfectly fine to be in a crowded bar

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
I drove a couple of people today that said their offices were closed today for the holiday, but most who are working go in Tuesday to Thursday. You can also add in that close to 2000 flights were cancelled at ohare from Saturday until today and some amount at midway. You would think there would be a lot of people trying to catch rebooked flights but I’ve had one trip to the airport out of about 60 trips since Thursday that weren’t on dfs. I think Uber is having system issues as they were sending requests Saturday and Sunday for pickups in the west loop and uptown when o was around north and clyborne and the maps have been messed up.

The streets around Lincoln park lakeview and wicker had less cars today than over the weekend. So I think a lot of locals are still gone and a lot of the cars over the weekend were people that came in town for New Years

Tuesday morning traffic will let us know if people are predominately working from home. On most of them since Labor Day it has been 45-90 minutes from ohare to downtown in the morning. If it’s less than that is probably a decent indication that people aren’t going to the office.

I’ll also say that I had quite a few pickups from bus stops and train stations over the past few days as customers said busses and trains were more than 20 minutes away And bus stops along Sheridan and lsd yester allhad a lot of people waiting. I’m thinking the cta had to cut the frequency due bus and train driver having Covid

I dont know the answer But I am rooting for you to make bags and bags and a couple of wheel Barrels of cash

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts

I predict you will make BIG BAGS OF CASH and maybe even have to trasfrer it to Wheel Barrells ? (rooting for you)

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
I would have done eats but instead I spent $100 on margaritas with my son. They only turn 21 once
ITS KINDA CHEATING CAUSE YOU ONLY TURN 21 ONCE AND NOW YOUR RIDING A COAT TAIL - I GUESS ILL NEED TO START MAKEING BABIES AND THEN WAITING 21 YEARS DAMN IT SPOILED AGAIN! :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

·
Premium Member
9,121 Posts
ITS KINDA CHEATING CAUSE YOU ONLY TURN 21 ONCE AND NOW YOUR RIDING A COAT TAIL - I GUESS ILL NEED TO START MAKEING BABIES AND THEN WAITING 21 YEARS DAMN IT SPOILED AGAIN! :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:
He lives In denver so it was the first time we went out. If you owe someone a drink for something then that’s what it’s for no matter when you actually do it

·
Premium Member
9,121 Posts
I got in 2 of the consecutive trips by 2 pm. With the help of 2 doubles to start each of them followed up by another quick request. But after the first I went close to 30 minutes without a request and I haven’t had another request after the 2nd for nearly 40 minutes. I have no clue why uber has the fairly large ctbs for 6 hours. There is little going on and I really haven’t noticed a lot of drivers on the streets. It’s far slower than last Friday

·
Premium Member
9,121 Posts
I got in 2 of the consecutive trips by 2 pm. With the help of 2 doubles to start each of them followed up by another quick request. But after the first I went close to 30 minutes without a request and I haven’t had another request after the 2nd for nearly 40 minutes. I have no clue why uber has the fairly large ctbs for 6 hours. There is little going on and I really haven’t noticed a lot of drivers on the streets. It’s far slower than last Friday

·
Premium Member
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I did okay in spite of some pretty bad luck in surge chasing. Twice this morning I was going after double digits only to snag 3 or 4 bucks before it faded away. One of those was because of an ill timed Metra train crossing. I never actually cashed in more than $5 in surge on any ride, and most of my rides were at base. I never really had much downtime between pings, which was nice and a little unexpected.

I also noticed few Uber drivers out. Maybe the ant army from last week grew frustrated and gave up for this week. I also noticed though that the pax app seems to be displaying only the 4 closest cars now instead of the 6 closest. which might lead to the perception that there are fewer drivers out than there really are.

Still, from 4 am to 10:15 am I had grossed $165. I went out again in a little in the afternoon, did 2 CTs and one Lyft DF home. I'm done for the day.

So far I'm at 20 rides on Uber for $254. And 1 ride on Lyft for $22.

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
I did okay in spite of some pretty bad luck in surge chasing. Twice this morning I was going after double digits only to snag 3 or 4 bucks before it faded away. One of those was because of an ill timed Metra train crossing. I never actually cashed in more than $5 in surge on any ride, and most of my rides were at base. I never really had much downtime between pings, which was nice and a little unexpected.

I also noticed few Uber drivers out. Maybe the ant army from last week grew frustrated and gave up for this week. I also noticed though that the pax app seems to be displaying only the 4 closest cars now instead of the 6 closest. which might lead to the perception that there are fewer drivers out than there really are.

Still, from 4 am to 10:15 am I had grossed $165. I went out again in a little in the afternoon, did 2 CTs and one Lyft DF home. I'm done for the day.

So far I'm at 20 rides on Uber for $254. And 1 ride on Lyft for $22.
HOW IS IT UBERING OVER BY DARE ON IN OAK LAWN - I GREW UP IN ALSIP - AND HAVE FRINEDS IN OAK LAWN REALLY HAVE SOME GOOD MEMORIES IN YOUR NEIGHBOR HOOD WENT TO HS AT MARIST. WHEN THE WEATHER GETS WARMMER I MAY DRIVR DOWN THERE AND DO A DAY OR SO OF UBERING JUST FOR TEH YUCKS OF IT MAYBE MEET UP WITH A FRINED AND reminisce GOOD TIMES AND FRINEDS OVER IN THOSE PARTS ME AND MY WIFE STILL OCCASIONALLY WILL GO TO A SERVCE AT FIRST CHURCH OF GOD IN OAK LAWN

·
Premium Member
9,121 Posts
HOW IS IT UBERING OVER BY DARE ON IN OAK LAWN - I GREW UP IN ALSIP - AND HAVE FRINEDS IN OAK LAWN REALLY HAVE SOME GOOD MEMORIES IN YOUR NEIGHBOR HOOD WENT TO HS AT MARIST. WHEN THE WEATHER GETS WARMMER I MAY DRIVR DOWN THERE AND DO A DAY OR SO OF UBERING JUST FOR TEH YUCKS OF IT MAYBE MEET UP WITH A FRINED AND reminisce GOOD TIMES AND FRINEDS OVER IN THOSE PARTS ME AND MY WIFE STILL OCCASIONALLY WILL GO TO A SERVCE AT FIRST CHURCH OF GOD IN OAK LAWN
Dude I think windy hacked your account given all the spelling errors

·
Premium Member
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 · (Edited)
So it's 11 p.m. on a Friday night and I'm chilling at home watching YouTube videos. Just checked the app and saw this. During the pandemic I learned to enjoy driving late at night, but no way am I going to take that sort of risk for this sort of pay. I guess when it gets like this and stays like this for a while, I go back to daytime driving.
World Font Screenshot Urban design Electric blue

41 - 60 of 80 Posts