Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Congrats! Now he can do same but legally)
I bought a bottle of Aberlour and joining your celebration virtually)

·
Premium Member
9,120 Posts
No matter how slow I thought it could get today beats it. I need 10 trips on the day for the quest it seemed totally doable with eats to wrap it up in a few hours around Lincoln park. Now I have my doubts as I haven’t had a request of any kind in an hour. Not even the trash I would usually decline

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Being online doesn't guarantee you any pings. It is clearly formulated in the new service agreement)))
Tweek the app. There are pings. You are just not in the "priority list".
I had lunch in Zupas in Kildeer yesterday. They had 6-7 eats order on the shelf. Went online out of interest while ordering. Ordered, waited, ate. No pings of course. Then a guy comes in looking for pick up. Russian speaking,he was on the phone when entered. Asked him where he received ping. He had to drive more than 20 mins from north Barrington to pick up. While I was in the store already. You need to suffer. This the everyday message from Uber to drivers. Welcome to Uber world,partner)))

·
Premium Member
9,120 Posts
Nothing guarantees trips. I wonder why the hell anyone would drive 20 minutes to pickup an order. When Covid first started and I ran both eats and rides I never got eats orders even though there were massive amounts of people waiting to pickup at restaurants, the second I turned off rides then rats orders were nonstop. I guess it’s possible that they reverted to giving priority to drivers that are only doing eats or rides and not both

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
They are playing. Playing low and stupid as they usually do. My Chinese Oneplus hates Uber app. It always complains about it. I'm online, the screen shows Looking for rides. While Oneplus says Uber app is inactive,close that chit) You are sitting for hours waiting for pings but the apps is just showing active screen) That is why I said to tweek the app.
This app is like a revolver. It has 6 bullets/scenarios for your obedience level. All short pick ups with 5 star pax. Deny all. Then come long pick ups with shitty rating pax. Then only 45+. Then something else. Same with Eats.

·
Premium Member
9,120 Posts
I drove for a few hours this afternoon and averaged about 3 trips per hour and a bit under $25/hr. All of the trips were short and tips made up about 45% of the money, I guess those going to do things are feeling generous but most also said they were laying low as it seems like everyone has Covid. Oddly I only had a couple of trash requests on eats in 3 hours.

Downtown the hotels had virtually nobody loading or unloading luggage and Michigan Ave was the emptiest I’ve seen it since the early days of Covid.

i drove back from river north to home in Lincoln park and haven’t had a request for nearly an hour. Now that quests have started from 4-7 it’s probably going to be dead

·
Premium Member
9,120 Posts
Where were you? It certainly wasn’t around Lincoln park. Sweetgreen used to be my cash cow and I haven’t had an order from there all week and when I drive by it there is nobody really in the place

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Dt. As usual. It is surging well now. But the roads are pretty icy. No desire to hustle.

·
Premium Member
9,120 Posts
Just got to ohare to pick up my kid. He was delayed because they shut down a runway and he said the pilot said all but 10 flights
, at least on United were being rerouted to St. Louis or milwaukee. So if you end up at the airport there is probably little hope of picking someone up

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Ord is surging last couple hours... magnificent +7.50... not enough to drive on ice,imho.

·
Premium Member
9,120 Posts
I see that. When I was there at 8pm it was about 1.50 which is nothing. There were people getting bags and a lot of cars parked along the road to the airport. Even on the arrival boards there weren’t many planes set to arrive for the rest of the night on United. The Kennedy and th e streets around me were just wet but no ice asides rom the stuff that’s been around for a few days. You have a better idea of what it’s like in the burbs

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Any thoughts on whether tomorrow morning (Monday Jan 10) will be any better or not? I want to get back to driving but I also want to wait out the slow period. It will be very cold tomorrow. Nearly down to single digits.

·
Premium Member
9,120 Posts
If it’s busy it’s only going to be because it’s cold. I had both eats and rides on from 2 until 5 today and didn’t have a single request for a ride and not any for eats to speak of as it’s a dead time. Nobody going to or from bars with the football games or anything.

Chicago schools are also shut and the Covid positivity rate is still over 20%

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
If it’s busy it’s only going to be because it’s cold. I had both eats and rides on from 2 until 5 today and didn’t have a single request for a ride and not any for eats to speak of as it’s a dead time. Nobody going to or from bars with the football games or anything.

Chicago schools are also shut and the Covid positivity rate is still over 20%
Thanks. Schools being closed is a big deal, so looks like morning rush this week is beyond consideration again. It will warm up after Monday. If I could be sure I could repeat the CT+Streak deal I got last Monday, I might do it. But this time the CT is 6 - 7 and the Streak is 6:30 - 7:30, so hitting both of those is iffy. I suppose I will pass.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts