Uber Drivers Forum banner

did anyone lost que position at airport without no reason.

4K views 45 replies 22 participants last post by  weakhandnightdriver 
#1 ·
Should i still wait at airport?
First time waited 1.5 hours and got a $20 trip.
Second time on sat waited 2 hours and was 7th at que but unfortunately app became offline when i put the phone to pocket to go to washroom.
Third time, was on 60th in que but after 30 minutes became at 6th and que position disappeared suddenly and waited 15 minutes there thinking it may come again but not , so went out from holding bay and came back still no luck ...so there was one option to become offile but still i was not on que position then got frustrated and went to home but on freeway again it came with 65th que position...

I am still confused why it disappeared when i was at 6th... did anyone become the victom?

#3 ·
App plays up sometimes
Happens to me too. Just have to reset it and wait another hour or so for the next trip. Very unfair on us though but such is the world of uber!
It means we dont have any option whatever it is ,. Looks like uber sucks , two weeks before lost around 20 trips because of excuse of optus or uber whatever, i think we all should complain to uber rather then always thinking it may happen with the app. Time is precious. Really sometimes i think uber think of us as a slave ...do not have any support option ...

#11 ·
on freeway again it came with 65th que position...
I don't know how could you get in the queue again when you are on the freeway.
If you are on half way to the Mickleham rd exit, you should not be pushed into the queue.
I suspect your phone's GPS location service may have some problem.
When you open your pax app while you are logged in, could you spot you correctly?
If it has the problem, that describes the reason why you are kicked out of AP waiting queue.

You're good ant mate.
Why are you waiting 2 hours for $20 trip ?

Go to any train station and I promise you that you'll make more.
We should encourage more ants into the AP holding bay, I think? :)

#13 ·
I don't know how could you get in the queue again when you are on the freeway.
If you are on half way to the Mickleham rd exit, you should not be pushed into the queue.
I suspect your phone's GPS location service may have some problem.
When you open your pax app while you are logged in, could you spot you correctly?
If it has the problem, that describes the reason why you are kicked out of AP waiting queue.

We should encourage more ants into the AP holding bay, I think? :)
Yes more ants should wait at airport.
I drove out of airport yesterday as i didn't was registet for ap, pinged for pick up in essendon to station. Then pinged from there to oakleigh etc good morning .

#18 ·
Why the hell you wait all these hours for a job .. I work close to ap everyday I see the icon 100 plus cars waiting . For all the ants who are waiting at Ap for more than 30 mins for a trip well keep it on . While you guys lying in you car and waiting I will clear the suburbs and guarantee more dollar per hour

#20 ·
Yes I go into the virtual uber queue everytime I go out there in the taxi, only once have I got an uber job within the time I was queued at the taxi rank next door, and that was in the first week of its operation, so as an economically rational financially aware driver it defo makes more sense to queue in a cab rather than uber, by the time you take all costs and overheads into account probably twice better off in a cab.

#24 ·
Last night I got there and it said I was 5th in the queue.. I got to 1st after an hour of waiting then boom I was bumped completely.. I tried to login again and for about 5 minutes it said I wasn't authorised to drive in Melbourne.. I turned my phone off and I went back to 7th in the queue. Then after another hour got back to first..Then hey presto I was bumped again.. I went home obviously not impressed.. I can't help thinking someone there has animosity to Uber drivers and has some kind of technique to mess with the signal.. Until things get resolved out there I wont be doing anything except dropping people off at the airport. The waiting business seems a bit sketchy to me...

#25 ·
Last night I got there and it said I was 5th in the queue.. I got to 1st after an hour of waiting then boom I was bumped completely.. I tried to login again and for about 5 minutes it said I wasn't authorised to drive in Melbourne.. I turned my phone off and I went back to 7th in the queue. Then after another hour got back to first..Then hey presto I was bumped again.. I went home obviously not impressed.. I can't help thinking someone there has animosity to Uber drivers and has some kind of technique to mess with the signal.. Until things get resolved out there I wont be doing anything except dropping people off at the airport. The waiting business seems a bit sketchy to me...
Would you be there today?

#26 ·
Just as a matter of interest, if you're Uber airport registered and you're going to the airport for another reason, is there anything stopping you from going into the holding zone and waiting for up to an hour at no cost?
no. You might as well keep the app on to be safe. You're not going to get a ride within an hour anyway.

I did that while waiting for the mrs the other day. Closer than the Ring and Ride area

#28 ·
Thanks - yes I'd have the app running in any case. I'd guess with number plate recognition (I guess they have that) then the airport will be able to validate any car coming into the holding bay that they are in fact an Uber driver with the OK to do airport pickups.

#38 ·
Just as a matter of interest, if you're Uber airport registered and you're going to the airport for another reason, is there anything stopping you from going into the holding zone and waiting for up to an hour at no cost?
There's actually free 1 hour signposted parking in a couple of places just south of T4 there I found the other night..
May be easier you,

Hint, look for minor offices and read the signs

#40 ·
Yes I go into the virtual uber queue everytime I go out there in the taxi, only once have I got an uber job within the time I was queued at the taxi rank next door, and that was in the first week of its operation, so as an economically rational financially aware driver it defo makes more sense to queue in a cab rather than uber, by the time you take all costs and overheads into account probably twice better off in a cab.
Good advice for all Uber drivers driving a taxi.

UP stands for Uber People.

#42 ·
Good advice for all Uber drivers driving a taxi.

UP stands for Uber People.
I think it's interesting to compare the two, if it seemed uber was quicker turn around and was going to nett me more money I'd drop the cab off in a flash and get my own car to do uber work out of tulla, on the flip side now that all uber drivers have DA they also now have the option go jump in a cab, seeing the money is clearly better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.