Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Did anyone else know that they take out 28% for XL???

2K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  merkurfan 
#1 ·
I bought a Chrysler Town and Country specifically for UberXl. Twice the car payment, insurance gas, etc. Looked at my trip logs after a few weeks and noticed Uber was taking out more than 20%. Turns out they are taking out 28%!!!! Queried them on this and they just replied that yes, various cars get charged different commission fees. NOWHERE on their website or any printed information is this put out there. It isnt costing them one penny more for a rider to request and X or XL!!!! What the **** over? Did anyone else know about this?

#7 ·
You should've done your research before buying the car. Complaining about it after the fact is your issue. They didn't change it, it's always been that way.

Do I agree with it, no. Especially since black car is 25%.

But you need to take responsibility here. It's not something new. You should've researched the specifications before buying the capital to do the job.

This is what happens when uber makes people business owners that have no idea how to run a business. You end up as their slave

#14 ·
Yup, I knew that. I also knew it would be a dumbass decision to buy.$40000 car specifically to drive for Screwbre. If you would have gone to the Quit forum and read it, you would seen that the "been there done that" people would have advised you NOT TO DO IT. You might be able to redeem yourself by selling the car and deleting the Screwbre app and find a job that allows you to make more than it costs you to do it.

#15 ·
Aloha Ed, Just wanted to let you know that I have been driving UberXL for over a month and I too was not aware of this until now and it's a tough one to digest. and I'm sorry you have been receiving such rude responses from the people above. I do commiserate with you about this. It's a bummer but it's still a great opportunity to be self employed and self employment does not come without a price but the pay off is way better in the end so good luck with Ubering and ENJOY!!!

#16 ·
why is everyone overlooking that xl is 2.25/mile vs. 1.25/mile in op's market? an xl trip DOES pay more, especially on longer trips, which you'll get plenty of, uber ed. especially on weekends, tons of xl requests at the beaches (bachelor/bachelorette parties). that said, i think uber shouldnt be charging more than 10% commish for x or xl. but i still prefer xl trips to x trips.

#18 ·
i did the same thing, should have read the fine print (still haven't found it) before buying . i would have bought a cheaper 4 cyl car or a cheap crown vic
after 2 weeks with uber i make around $5 an hour if i hang around UT reminds me of china , to much traffic . much better around hotels , south and west side of town..
maybe i should buy a lawn chair and hang out at the circle k , they seem to be smiling when i drive by.

#19 ·
Another reason I focus on Lyft primarily. 20% regardless of regular or Plus rides. Even though Lyft Plus has cheaper rates than Uber XL in my city my deposit is just about the same. The difference is Uber makes more than Lyft on my rides with more than 4 pax. And at least my Plus rides can add a tip.

#21 ·
Aloha Ed, Just wanted to let you know that I have been driving UberXL for over a month and I too was not aware of this until now and it's a tough one to digest. and I'm sorry you have been receiving such rude responses from the people above. I do commiserate with you about this. It's a bummer but it's still a great opportunity to be self employed and self employment does not come without a price but the pay off is way better in the end so good luck with Ubering and ENJOY!!!
Damn.....you've drunk too much Uber Kool-aid. Great opportunity? Sure it is...for Uber.

#22 ·
came here to say the same.
ditto

OP put ZERO time into reading the pay rates, conditions, or terms of the driver agreement she signed ... but went out an purchased a vehicle in order to drive under those conditions she didn't bother to examine?

Travis K loves the OP.

Reactions: DexNex
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.