Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When Uber changed the way fares are displayed for the driver so they can claim that everything else charged to the rider is the "Uber Fee" under the NEW definition in the May 22nd Addendum - they now show only the net due to the driver after the Uber Fee is deducted. The problem is when I looked at my Partner Dashboard my net on a minimum fare went from $4.00 to $3.75 and on a cancellation it went from $4.80 to $4.50 and the base fare went from net .80 to net .75. The per mile and per minute fees were also based on a 75% of the actual rates that are "still in effect". The problem is I am grandfathered on a 20% Uber Fee and the new net fares have me on a 25% Uber Fee. I have been going around and around with non support robots only I think that I drew a few live reps because robots could not be programmed to concoct such elaborate lies such as the one where I was told that "since 2015 Uber has been charging an incorrect Uber Fee of 20% and they are not going to go back and try to charge me the shortfall but that going forward they will be charging the correct 25%". Did anyone else previously on an 80/20 split with Uber notice that the new net fare display on their dashboard reflects a net pay after based on a 75/25 split? I have not yet accepted the new Addendum yet so I am locked out from driving at the moment.

·
Registered
10,387 Posts
When Uber changed the way fares are displayed for the driver so they can claim that everything else charged to the rider is the "Uber Fee" under the NEW definition in the May 22nd Addendum - they now show only the net due to the driver after the Uber Fee is deducted. The problem is when I looked at my Partner Dashboard my net on a minimum fare went from $4.00 to $3.75 and on a cancellation it went from $4.80 to $4.50 and the base fare went from net .80 to net .75. The per mile and per minute fees were also based on a 75% of the actual rates that are "still in effect". The problem is I am grandfathered on a 20% Uber Fee and the new net fares have me on a 25% Uber Fee. I have been going around and around with non support robots only I think that I drew a few live reps because robots could not be programmed to concoct such elaborate lies such as the one where I was told that "since 2015 Uber has been charging an incorrect Uber Fee of 20% and they are not going to go back and try to charge me the shortfall but that going forward they will be charging the correct 25%". Did anyone else previously on an 80/20 split with Uber notice that the new net fare display on their dashboard reflects a net pay after based on a 75/25 split? I have not yet accepted the new Addendum yet so I am locked out from driving at the moment.
Have you changed your base city since you started Ubering?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you have not agreed yet, how did you see the change in payout for Monday trips?
It's on my Partner Dashboard at the Uber website

Have you changed your base city since you started Ubering?
I have driven in Athens and the fares are lower there but as far as I know I was still subject to a 20% Uber fee. But I did not switch to a different city. I just drove to Athens and turned on the app and started accepting trips. After doing that for two weekends in a row, they started sending me the Athens incentives instead of Atlanta. But I have not driven in Athens in several months and I was still on the 80/20 split as of this past Sunday.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You could always give a trip and see what the pay is. You may be fighting a battle that doesn't exist.
I have though about that but in reviewing the language in the Addendum there is something in there to the effect that continuing to use the system after accepting the new terms constitutes consent to the terms. I am afraid if I accept, complete a trip, and my pay is wrong - they can say - "you affirmed your agreement to the pay cut by accepting the terms and completing a trip" then I'm screwed. I send a message to support asking how to start the arbitration process and also asked if I would be entitled as the prevailing party to recover my attorney fees. The robots have apparently not been programmed to deal with such a question. But I thought if I put the keywords Arbitration, Attorney, Hearing etc in a message, the bots might be trained to kick it to a human. I was really just hoping to trigger escalation to someone who understands and speaks the English Language who could actually have a dialog about the issue and how it might be resolved.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think, you won't know until you give a trip. No one else is saying they dropped in money because of Monday.
I wonder if anyone else looked at partner dashboard under "Fares" and saw a discrepancy. If other 20% drivers see wrong net fare displayed on their dashboard but trip receipts don't follow what is showing on their dashboard - I might be encouraged to take a chance to see what happens. But I'm afraid I might further cement the problem if I complete a trip and the system computes my fare at 25%.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
I wonder if anyone else looked at partner dashboard under "Fares" and saw a discrepancy. If other 20% drivers see wrong net fare displayed on their dashboard but trip receipts don't follow what is showing on their dashboard - I might be encouraged to take a chance to see what happens. But I'm afraid I might further cement the problem if I complete a trip and the system computes my fare at 25%.
What dashboard? In the app?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What dashboard? In the app?
There is a website that partners can log onto to see pay statements. partners followed by a dot then the Uber website address. When I log in from my personal computer it takes me to my most recent pay statement. From there you click on the bars to the left and a menu pops up. Select "Fares" and it shows the new pay scheme. On mine it says $0.5625 per mile and it should say $0.60 per mile. Minimum Trip Fee shows $3.75 and it should say $4.00

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
There is a website that partners can log onto to see pay statements. partners followed by a dot then the Uber website address. When I log in from my personal computer it takes me to my most recent pay statement. From there you click on the bars to the left and a menu pops up. Select "Fares" and it shows the new pay scheme. On mine it says $0.5625 per mile and it should say $0.60 per mile. Minimum Trip Fee shows $3.75 and it should say $4.00
Found it. Yep, mine says 60 cents and $4.00

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.