Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my first Uber Connect ping today, pick up was only five minutes away, no problem, then I hit start delivery, 39 miles & 45 minutes away. I thought I’d make about $15 or so…. Nope, made $28.10 ! Was a pleasant surprise 👍 unfortunately, had to dead head back to SLC, not one ping all the way home. And of course, no tip

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
Got my first Uber Connect ping today, pick up was only five minutes away, no problem, then I hit start delivery, 39 miles & 45 minutes away. I thought I’d make about $15 or so…. Nope, made $28.10 ! Was a pleasant surprise 👍 unfortunately, had to dead head back to SLC, not one ping all the way home. And of course, no tip
Yes, there will never be a tip for parcel delivery.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Just to confirm none of the deliveries were food from a restaurant? Were they like requests to deliver items from a 7 Eleven or a gas station?
One was actually an order from Montana’s that the customer accidentally ordered as pick up, and then used connect to ‘fix’ her problem.

one was a guitar.
one was a high end graphics card
one was some toiletries and a blanket to a nearby hospital
one was a large box of auto parts.
one was a hand bag.
The last one was a mother sending a bag of dry dog food To her daughter

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
One was actually an order from Montana’s that the customer accidentally ordered as pick up, and then used connect to ‘fix’ her problem.

one was a guitar.
one was a high end graphics card
one was some toiletries and a blanket to a nearby hospital
one was a large box of auto parts.
one was a hand bag.
The last one was a mother sending a bag of dry dog food To her daughter
hope the dog food was not a 50 lb bag??

LOL

·
Premium Member
7,080 Posts
How much was the customer charged for that delivery?

·
Premium Member
3,088 Posts
Barely heard of Connect. I don't deliver, but I really like the idea of parcel delivery. Can you Connect without Eating?

Although the pays seems not worth it.....

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Barely heard of Connect. I don't deliver, but I really like the idea of parcel delivery. Can you Connect without Eating?

Although the pays seems not worth it.....
In my market, the CONNECT rate card is exactly the same as the "X" rate card, which means a CONNECT ride is just like a ride with a PAX, except, no pax, just a package.

·
Premium Member
3,088 Posts
In my market, the CONNECT rate card is exactly the same as the "X" rate card, which means a CONNECT ride is just like a ride with a PAX, except, no pax, just a package.
Hmm. I see Connect as an option on the rider app, so it must be available in my area. But not seeing the option in my driver app.... just X, and Green, and Eats. Anybody know how you get connect added to your driver account?

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Hmm. I see Connect as an option on the rider app, so it must be available in my area. But not seeing the option in my driver app.... just X, and Green, and Eats. Anybody know how you get connect added to your driver account?
Try menu-Account-Work Hub. There should be more types there to opt in on.

·
Premium Member
3,088 Posts
Try menu-Account-Work Hub. There should be more types there to opt in on.
Thank you. I had checked there, but no joy. Just food delivery options.

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
So were you driving Connect only or were driving x as well? How far out of your Market did it really take you?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts