Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont understand the concept of Pool. So here is what happened.

1. Check uberx price 14.10$ fixed price.
2. Check Uber Pool - 7.33$
3. Order Pool, app asked me to wait for 2 minutes before the pick up address is confirmed.
4. Pick up address confirmed and asked me to walk few hundred meters to pick up point
5. Driver comes up in 5 and i get in.
6. App asks the driver to navigate to few hundred meters close to my drop of point ( Footscray market was my destination, App asked the driver to drop me off in Moore street opposite to centerlink.
7. I thought there would be someone else picked up along the way, but No one.

So i assume driver got paid 5$ for a pool trip with just me alone! 27 mins 6 Kms drive on peak hour.

Can someone explain the logic here?

·
Registered
11,902 Posts

3. Order Pool, app asked me to wait for 2 minutes before the pick up address is confirmed.
4. Pick up address confirmed and asked me to walk few hundred meters to pick up point
6. App asks the driver to navigate to few hundred meters close to my drop of point ( Footscray market was my destination, App asked the driver to drop me off in Moore street opposite to centerlink.

So i assume driver got paid 5$ for a pool trip with just me alone! 27 mins 6 Kms drive on peak hour.

No logic with uber.Only a fool will do pool.:oops:

·
Banned
5,653 Posts

no logic and no strategy, too depressing to even think about him longer than 5 sec :(

·
Registered
190 Posts

I hope you 1* him for accepting Poo in his car.

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Get ready for Uber take of 37% here's the proof why do fools do pool
View attachment 237031 View attachment 237032
Wait does that mean that you only get the actual time and distance of the entire trip and Uber takes the rest?

And that's only if they provide you with more customers. There does not seem to be an advantage for the driver over a regular Uberx ride. More work for possibly equivalent pay to X.

I hope you 1* him for accepting Poo in his car.
You need to calm down with that over the top non sense.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Wait does that mean that you only get the actual time and distance of the entire trip and Uber takes the rest?

And that's only if they provide you with more customers. There does not seem to be an advantage for the driver over a regular Uberx ride. More work for possibly equivalent pay to X.

You need to calm down with that over the top non sense.
If you think it's 'over the top' then have fun with Poo in your car. I'd 1* any driver who accepts Poo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts