Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,557 Posts
Thats wassup.
Base heads gonna be mad. They wanted to pay the 2k but work base and get apps surge. Aint that some Trump type hypocrite shit? :confused:

Lets build the wall but hire mexicans in our hotels for cheap labor! Woooooooo BAGS!!!
Nah not at all bro. I aint mad. Business as usual tomorrow. I was ready to only do my base if the bill went thru. Of course it isnt ideal because my strategy has apps incorporated in it to be at the places for the base rides. If you ask me they do need to cap cars, raise rates across the board, allow us to unionize. And to put higher standards in the tlc exam. Too many clueless monkeys running around

·
Premium Member
5,769 Posts
Nah not at all bro. I aint mad. Business as usual tomorrow. I was ready to only do my base if the bill went thru. Of course it isnt ideal because my strategy has apps incorporated in it to be at the places for the base rides. If you ask me they do need to cap cars, raise rates across the board, allow us to unionize. And to put higher standards in the tlc exam. Too many clueless monkeys running around
You know I had to make a little controversy about it since it's a dud :D
Who knows, it could have worked, maybe not. They'll look for new ways to hit us with the fees and taxes though.

·
Premium Member
9,092 Posts
Cap tlc cars

Raise rates

Remove upfront pricing

Lets make this money :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,937 Posts
So that’s so called law or whatever it is called has passed or rejected?

·
Premium Member
2,935 Posts
What I propose even to this day is, if cap isn't introduced then introduce higher fees for those getting their tlc license for the first time but not the ones renewing. Then they can also impose a fee if the driver is not the owner operator of their car so you don't have a lot of people coming in to test the business. So a basic summary would be like this,

All FHV cars must be owner operators. Anyone who is not an owner operator, will have to pay an X amount to TLC for the entire year or on a monthly basis. Drivers who are owner operators will be waived of the fee. (This will help mitigate the influx of new drivers coming in so if a cap won't be created then at least there is a bigger entry barrier).

Rather than trying to limit current fhv drivers, the committee should focus on potential drivers. Raise application fees for new drivers, create a restriction on drivers that have been in an at fault accident since so many drivers out here driving like monkeys.

Also why is Diaz head? Dude had a cowboy hat looking like a fool. I guess he needed a hat to hide his expanded ego

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What I propose even to this day is, if cap isn't introduced then introduce higher fees for those getting their tlc license for the first time but not the ones renewing. Then they can also impose a fee if the driver is not the owner operator of their car so you don't have a lot of people coming in to test the business. So a basic summary would be like this,

All FHV cars must be owner operators. Anyone who is not an owner operator, will have to pay an X amount to TLC for the entire year or on a monthly basis. Drivers who are owner operators will be waived of the fee. (This will help mitigate the influx of new drivers coming in so if a cap won't be created then at least there is a bigger entry barrier).

Rather than trying to limit current fhv drivers, the committee should focus on potential drivers. Raise application fees for new drivers, create a restriction on drivers that have been in an at fault accident since so many drivers out here driving like monkeys.

Also why is Diaz head? Dude had a cowboy hat looking like a fool. I guess he needed a hat to hide his expanded ego
It's an alliance they all in bed together. This bill was just an introduction to test the waters there is more coming. Let me ask you something how why and for how long you been in this business. You would've been happy to dish out more money to start in this business. Let's increase the rates and get uber pool out of the equation. Let part timers work certain hours and days. There's not an easy solution.

·
Registered
232 Posts
city is after the money but only they want to do it with proper way and legally just remember when uber do something it tells you that it hear us and do a thing against our well .drivers are alone

·
Premium Member
2,935 Posts
It's an alliance they all in bed together. This bill was just an introduction to test the waters there is more coming. Let me ask you something how why and for how long you been in this business. You would've been happy to dish out more money to start in this business. Let's increase the rates and get uber pool out of the equation. Let part timers work certain hours and days. There's not an easy solution.
I was opposed to pool initially but I'm on the fence with it. It has it's place in terms of earnings since you're still getting paid the same rate. Only thing is the business model for it should change aka rates for it should be higher or it's switched to a commission model so we can keep majority of what all the riders paid provided that the payment is not drastically underpriced. As for imposing schedules on part timers, at that point the person would be considered an employee and thus that won't happen. Dishing out money for this gig lol that's why they should make it a pay it all upfront model so if you can't pay it upfront, you can't start. So you'll be faced with 3 options, yellow, get your own car + converting which is around 2-3k or X amount of upfront fee if you are not owner-operator. This opens the door for either more exploitation of part timers so they turn away from rental companies lmao or they just won't be able to start without a bigger investment

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Did you guys read 3,000 new drivers and 2,000 new vehicles each month. Wow I'm surprised we're not homeless yet.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Did you guys read 3,000 new drivers and 2,000 new vehicles each month. Wow I'm surprised we're not homeless yet.
There is a bunch of people getting their TLC license in case. Yeah just in case you need it or they stop giving out new licenses. Plus the turnover rate is amazing. Eventually it will slow down but will it be too late? Probably.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts