Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very new to uber/lyft and live very close to the airport. I was excited to hear that DFW was starting to allow for pickups. However, now that I'm learning about the required permits I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth the trouble (cost and time off work to go get the inspection, visit Dallas and DFW transportation offices) to obtain the permits just to pick up passengers in DFW? What are you guys doing? What are your opinions?

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
I'm very new to uber/lyft and live very close to the airport. I was excited to hear that DFW was starting to allow for pickups. However, now that I'm learning about the required permits I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth the trouble (cost and time off work to go get the inspection, visit Dallas and DFW transportation offices) to obtain the permits just to pick up passengers in DFW? What are you guys doing? What are your opinions?
The city of Dallas permit you can start the process online. The car inspection can be done at various locations throughout the city. The locations are listed throughout the city for car inspections. If you are picking up passengers in Dallas you should have a City of permit. With the recent rate cuts its slim margins making profits.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts