Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,226 Posts
Keeping someone somewhere against their will is called "arrest".
A citizen can do it.
BUT, keeping someone somewhere against their will without good cause is 'FALSE arrest', and can even be kidnapping.
I have had to remind people of that before - just before I said "goodbye'' and left.

If you are free-born -- ACT LIKE IT.

·
Premium Member
17,226 Posts
I would point to one of their security cameras and tell them to go pound sand.
... and as I walked out I would be saying a silent prayer "Please. Please touch me. Just once. Better yet; take me down, use the taser and cuffs. Please."

The name hanging on the outside of the hospital would change to "The UB Hospital for Wayward RS Drivers."
No charge to ANY RS driver or food delivery driver.
Free sex changes (addadictomy), and breast augmentations.
Free dentures.

Pelvic exams done by UB HIMSELF!! (send a selfie first).
Wash and set only $5 extra.

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
Security guards are not police. They have no real authority. Just leave. If they block or touch you call 911.
I do take care not to get people in pictures in drop off photos in hospitals and government buildings, but really that means nothing.

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
The hospital security insisted I had to delete the picture and would not let me leave.

So after back and forth, I told him I don't know how to delete a picture while using app.

Any one know how to delete a picture while using delivery app? I don't.
If it was a tax payer funded hospital and your were in a publicly accessible area, you may even be able to sue them for violating your rights. If it was a private hospital/private property, then unfortunately you can't really do much.

·
Premium Member
17,226 Posts
If it was a tax payer funded hospital and your were in a publicly accessible area, you may even be able to sue them for violating your rights. If it was a private hospital/private property, then unfortunately you can't really do much.
Why?
Because private companies get a mulligan on violating rights?
I didn't know that.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Security guards are not police. They have no real authority. Just leave. If they block or touch you call 911.
I remember several years ago I made the mistake of going to my local Wal-Mart for something. After I went through checkout and paid, there was another line at the exit to show your receipt to a "security guard" to prove that you paid before leaving the store. There were multiple checkout lanes open, but there was only one guy checking receipts so the line was very long.

I took one look at that line, said nope, and walked around it and out the doors. The guy checking receipts made kind of a halfhearted effort to say something to me to get me to come back, which I just ignored and kept walking. There was quite a bit of disgruntled murmuring from the people in the line as I was walking out. I didn't stick around to see what happened next. I don't know if they settled back down and stayed in line or if they also realized that they didn't need to prove anything to anybody in order to leave the store.

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
I remember several years ago I made the mistake of going to my local Wal-Mart for something. After I went through checkout and paid, there was another line at the exit to show your receipt to a "security guard" to prove that you paid before leaving the store. There were multiple checkout lanes open, but there was only one guy checking receipts so the line was very long.

I took one look at that line, said nope, and walked around it and out the doors. The guy checking receipts made kind of a halfhearted effort to say something to me to get me to come back, which I just ignored and kept walking. There was quite a bit of disgruntled murmuring from the people in the line as I was walking out. I didn't stick around to see what happened next. I don't know if they settled back down and stayed in line or if they also realized that they didn't need to prove anything to anybody in order to leave the store.
Hey you. Stop! Stop! Show me your receipt… ahhh F’ this I’m taking my lunch break early…

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
There are no laws against taking pictures. If your eyes can see it, so can your camera.
Not necessarily true, especially if you are in Canada. Taking pictures in a bar or nightclub is iffy (Forbidden in Manitoba w/o permission I believe) Taking pictures in a restroom or dressing area is verboten. Taking pictures in a business kitchen is iffy. Taking pictures in a courthouse is not permitted.
In general in public you are good to go. You can even take pictures on public nude beaches. Private beaches as posted.

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts

I have done this too. Store employees restricting your free movement is kidnapping. This is why some Walmarts hire off duty LEO as door security. LEO can detain you the same as on the street but they cannot search you or your possessions without a warrant or your permission.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Why?
Because private companies get a mulligan on violating rights?
I didn't know that.
Spoken like true fat, stupid American.

Yes, a private corp can tell you to shut up (1st amendment), not to carry a gun (2nd Amendment), force you to allow searches of your persons and belongings (4th Amendment) and ask you questions that can be used against you (5th Amendment).

The Consitution only covers what the GOVERNMENT can/cannot do.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts

Yes, a private corp can tell you to shut up (1st amendment), not to carry a gun (2nd Amendment), force you to allow searches of your persons and belongings (4th Amendment) and ask you questions that can be used against you (5th Amendment).

And then what? Take you in the back and spank you?

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts

ROFL. this is completely not true. Especially if I have my gun.
If it is true I am a private corporation so shut up.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts