Uber Drivers Forum banner

Destinations for double orders not being shown in ping box / time outs after only 2 or even 1 declined offer

UberEats 
2K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  Nats121 
#1 ·
For my entire shift yesterday, none of the double-order pings showed the destination in text form inside the ping box, only on the map, and for at least one of the double orders only ONE destination was showing on map. Has anyone else experienced this?

Also, Uber the bully decided they were going to show me who's boss by playing hard-ball and sneaky with their "time-outs". In most cases two or even one declined ping resulted in a sneaky, delayed, and silent time-out.

Usually it takes at least three or four declined offers to result in a time-out, and typically there's a chime when the app times me out.

Last night however, none of the time-outs chimed. And most of them had a delay of several seconds, probably so I wouldn't know right away I was timed-out in case I decided to check my messages, Youtube, etc.

It's not just the bad pay, pay cuts, and unjust firings that have many drivers supporting AB5, it's also bullying tactics like these.

#2 ·
I had a ping for a double pickup at a Wendy’s saying 25 minutes and $15, sounded good, so I accepted, when I get to Wendy’s and give both names they say they don’t have an order for one of the names. I show my phone, they double check, nope, no such name/order in their system. So I decide to still take the single order, hoping the tip will be decent, NOPE, low tipper and 20 minutes away.
Is this a new UE tactic to get us drivers to accept low paying/far away orders? Get us to accept a good paying double order, then yank one away, leaving us stuck with the low payout delivery.

#25 ·
I know all about the "uppity" drivers as I'm classified as one, I'm doing this more for learning the area I moved to and making money exploring. I live in an "uppity" area and try to stay close but I keep getting slowly placed in the hood, I'm talking straight up bangers wanting the Popeyes. Everytime, I decline the order, go offline and wait.

#5 ·
I had a ping for a double pickup at a Wendy's saying 25 minutes and $15, sounded good, so I accepted, when I get to Wendy's and give both names they say they don't have an order for one of the names. I show my phone, they double check, nope, no such name/order in their system. So I decide to still take the single order, hoping the tip will be decent, NOPE, low tipper and 20 minutes away.
Is this a new UE tactic to get us drivers to accept low paying/far away orders? Get us to accept a good paying double order, then yank one away, leaving us stuck with the low payout delivery.
Yes, I think it is a newly implemented tactic in regards to upfront pay to make the offer look more appealing. They've done this to me prior to upfront ping information being available to us.

#8 · (Edited)
I've been doing pretty good on double orders that are CLOSE to each other and pay well. The rest are garbage with one close the other 10 miles away for a $8-$11 payout. Uber started sending me triple pick ups tonight , never seen that before but declined the two I received.

I had a ping for a double pickup at a Wendy's saying 25 minutes and $15, sounded good, so I accepted, when I get to Wendy's and give both names they say they don't have an order for one of the names. I show my phone, they double check, nope, no such name/order in their system. So I decide to still take the single order, hoping the tip will be decent, NOPE, low tipper and 20 minutes away.
I made this mistake tonight dropped a tacked on order from a pizza place , kept the large sushi order. Deliver like 5 miles away, paid $4.54 , and hour later no tip!

#9 · (Edited)
I've been doing pretty good on double orders that are CLOSE to each other and pay well. The rest are garbage with one close the other 10 miles away for a $8-$11 payout. Uber started sending me triple pick ups tonight , never seen that before but declined the two I received.

I made this mistake tonight dropped a tacked on order from a pizza place , kept the large sushi order. Deliver like 5 miles away, paid $4.54 , and hour later no tip!
How much was the original expected payout for the sushi order? How much was the expected payout for the tacked on order?

I'm just avoiding double orders going forward, I was declining them before when I first came back after one of your previous posts on double offers. The one they got me on was a little too shiny for me to turn down.
Again tonight, none of the double orders showed more than one dropoff point on the map. As a result I declined EVERY double order ping.

I have a simple rule, which is I will not accept any order that's missing the expected payout and/or the destination address.

BTW, several double order pings had NO destination and NO expected payout. Some didn't even include the name of the restaurant.

#12 ·
Yes I noticed I get "timed out" after declining a few pathetic orders. I know for sure its bullying tactics because my map is blood red with surge and I just completed 4 consecutive trips that paid decent. My phone was jumping like Jordan and after I decline a few sad ones, I get no request for like 15 minutes

#15 ·
Lets face it. Uber new pay model hurt restaurants and customer stays hungry longer unless they put out good tip. For driver, we just want a fair wage after cover our expenses. New pay model has lower uber pay out between 3-6 dollars depended on mileage. The rest is covered by customer tip. Uber gets mad now because they are forced to cover cheap non tipping customers after the call has sticked around for an hour. They are doing more scam now with hiding second drop off location for double pickup and even flat out excluded your distance to restaurants in some tip to make the offer look more fair. Bottom line is know your market and your area to prevent getting scammed and make a fair wage

#22 ·
Uber shows the expected total payout during pings, so don't accept any request that doesn't work for you.

What's not to understand?

Eats pings are supposed to include the destination in both text and map form, the expected total payout, the total trip mileage, and the estimated total trip time.

All of those metrics are important. I use them all in deciding whether or not to accept a delivery request.

Unfortunately, part of Uber being Uber means providing something that can help the drivers make more money followed by attempts to undermine it.

That's what's occuring with the double orders. Uber is hiding one of the destinations from the drivers. As long as Uber continues to hide that info double orders will be an automatic decline for me.
I don't know about everyone else, but for me the map IS showing me both location drop offs on double orders, one is a small dot in the line to the last drop off.

#24 ·
If it’s a double-order you will see the drop-off on the map for both locations. However if your picking up a single order then receive another order to pick-up, the map wouldn’t show you the destination for the second customer, only the time duration (23 min+)

based on personal experience, the second pick-up either never tips, or it’s a Small small tip.

#26 ·
If it's a double-order you will see the drop-off on the map for both locations.
Maybe it's not happening in your market but last week in my market Uber's map showed only one of the dropoffs on the map.

I haven't gone online yet today so I don't know if Uber's still pulling the same BS.

I usually avoid double orders anyway, and any double order request that doesn't include both destinations is an automatic decline for me.

I don't know about everyone else, but for me the map IS showing me both location drop offs on double orders, one is a small dot in the line to the last drop off.
In my market the small dot was missing from the map last week, so I declined all double order requests last week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.