Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My vehicle needed a bit of work, so I was forced to endure some 2022 ants in order to get back and forth from my repair shop.

1st Driver: 2017 Prius with a clear and obvious brake issue. I guess if he just ignores it, it will fix itself? Unreal...

2nd Driver: 2018 Hyundai SUV which featured 3 warning/repair/maintenance lights. He had the personality of a traffic cone, appeared as if he'd been working for 18 straight hours and was kind enough to blast the "Insane Screaming God Fearing Gospel Rant" channel while occasionally carrying on a surround sound Bluetooth phone conversation with his friend.

3rd Driver: Pulled in to the WAWA parking lot 2 blocks away from my mechanic, then sent the "I've arrived" message followed by a series of phone calls. Fine, it happens.

She then proceed to drive 15 MPH over the speed limit. She realized it and stated "I need to slow down a bit or I'll get mail from Uber about me speedin n shit"

Exact quote.

She then began to tailgate any and all vehicles that were in front of her. Like 4 feet of distance between them.

Only 1 more trip to go. Pray for me as we are living in Mad Max times.

Eye Arthropod Insect Organism Terrestrial animal

Car Wheel Tire Road surface Asphalt

Glasses Smile Vision care Eyewear Event

·
Registered
206 Posts
My maintenance warning light goes on once my oil life reaches 0%. I admit to sometimes driving around for a couple of days before I get my oil changed, especially if it happens during the weekend.

Getting driven around in a car with bad brakes would make me uneasy to say the least.

·
Premium Member
5,955 Posts
My maintenance warning light goes on once my oil life reaches 0%. I admit to sometimes driving around for a couple of days before I get my oil changed, especially if it happens during the weekend.

Getting driven around in a car with bad brakes would make me uneasy to say the least.
Every 5k miles. I just reset it when gets to 0 regardless of the meter miles.

·
Premium Member
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My Prius had a red triangle and VSC warning light.
Hybrid battery was full green, no leaks, inverter pump all good.

I dropped it off this morning then got a call four hours later. The diagnosis was that the connections to my 12 V battery were loose and the passenger side Headlight ballast might be failing. Cool, I'm out of there for $100 and I can DIY the headlights on my own since they wanted $850 to replace the bulbs and the ballast.

I pay, get in the car, start it up and the same warning lights are still on. SMH
I *****, they pull the car back in and claim a new code was thrown coming from the hybrid battery.

These guys are usually pretty good and they have a great rating on google, 55 years in business so I'm being patient but I find it hard to believe that a new code magically appeared from the time they parked it to the time I started it up. I didn't even put it in gear lol.

Since the battery was green I'm guessing it might be a fuse or 100 amp, etc...

·
Premium Member
27,531 Posts
My vehicle needed a bit of work, so I was forced to endure some 2022 ants in order to get back and forth from my repair shop.

1st Driver: 2017 Prius with a clear and obvious brake issue. I guess if he just ignores it, it will fix itself? Unreal...

2nd Driver: 2018 Hyundai SUV which featured 3 warning/repair/maintenance lights. He had the personality of a traffic cone, appeared as if he'd been working for 18 straight hours and was kind enough to blast the "Insane Screaming God Fearing Gospel Rant" channel while occasionally carrying on a surround sound Bluetooth phone conversation with his friend.

3rd Driver: Pulled in to the WAWA parking lot 2 blocks away from my mechanic, then sent the "I've arrived" message followed by a series of phone calls. Fine, it happens.

She then proceed to drive 15 MPH over the speed limit. She realized it and stated "I need to slow down a bit or I'll get mail from Uber about me speedin n shit"

Exact quote.

She then began to tailgate any and all vehicles that were in front of her. Like 4 feet of distance between them.

Only 1 more trip to go. Pray for me as we are living in Mad Max times.

View attachment 664303

View attachment 664304

View attachment 664310
Smile Vision care Cool Eyewear Entertainment

·
Premium Member
2021 Chevy Bolt EV
4,646 Posts
Thank you chef. I feel better about my own driving already.

(Hey, I know where you got the upside ice cream cone photo from)

• Love
Reactions: ANThonyBoreDaneCook

·
Registered
2008 Ford Focus (shit box LE)
255 Posts
clear and obvious brake issue
That reminds me: surely some riders probably think I have a brake problem. But I definitely don't. I just use minimal grease on the brake hardware and it rubs on the caliper bracket. I consider noisy brakes a great pedestrian warning system as I'm rolling through parking lots and event pick-up areas. People usually move their asses out of the road when they hear and see my shit box.

·
Premium Member
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That reminds me: surely some riders probably think I have a brake problem. But I definitely don't. I just use minimal grease on the brake hardware and it rubs on the caliper bracket. I consider noisy brakes a great pedestrian warning system as I'm rolling through parking lots and event pick-up areas. People usually move their asses out of the road when they hear and see my shit box.
"We are who we are, having secretly decided who we'd like to be"

Oscar Wilde

·
Premium Member
8,760 Posts
Let me do you one better...

The oil change light in my Acura comes on at "15% oil life remaining."

I have to acknowledge the G.D. thing every time I get in the F*ing car and start the engine. Sometimes that may be for months. I hate the d*mn thing.

My alternative is to reset the oil life thing and write myself a reminder in my calendar to change the oil when I really need to.

·
Premium Member
11,758 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: ANThonyBoreDaneCook
1 - 20 of 28 Posts