Uber Drivers Forum banner

Democratic Convention!

2K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  Mitch J 
#1 ·
Good luck! Uber will flood your city with out of town drivers so there's NO SURGE ever. 90% of rides will be short through grueling traffic and few tips. ETA's will NOT be adjusted for traffic and if you exceed the ETA your driver can cancel without paying a cancellation fee and you can go pound salt. That's what's going on in Cleveland.

#6 ·
Hi I'm a British journalist covering the Democratic Convention- and I want to cover how the Convention is working out for Uber drivers.

Is Uber treating you right? Are you looking forward to the convention?

We want to tell the story from the driver's point of view.

No need to give your name.

If you're a Philly driver, drop me a message with a number to call you back on, and I'm happy to talk-

thanks,

LEO HORNAK

#10 ·
Hi I'm a British journalist covering the Democratic Convention- and I want to cover how the Convention is working out for Uber drivers.

Is Uber treating you right? Are you looking forward to the convention?

We want to tell the story from the driver's point of view.

No need to give your name.

If you're a Philly driver, drop me a message with a number to call you back on, and I'm happy to talk-

thanks,

LEO HORNAK
Ha, No! Uber is not treating me right. I'm a Philly driver. You do not get compensated for traffic!! You do not get compensated for cancellations after you get stuck in the Uber lot line to Wells Fargo. It's really disgusting. Does Donald Trump own Uber?

#11 · (Edited)
i went to convention yesterday. wasted two hours to make $28. then i returned at around 1:30am. the Gurantee time was over. All the new drivers got discouraged and started to leave. I was still OFFLINE, waiting for surge to return. Guss what. The surge returned because everyone left. I picked up at x3.1. Then I saw hordes of drivers going back to lot. I told myself not to return because they would kill the surge again.

i spoke to a few drivers and ALL of them were clueless that we can log off and make the surge x5.0. everyone is just stupid. YOu dont realize that we can have a x3.0 surge everyday, all day, all over the city, only if everyone stays offline until there is a surge, which take 5-8 minutes to appear.

#13 ·
Most of the Philly Drivers are just too Stupid to know how Surge work and the Drivers can make Surge happen every night if we want to but like I said philly drivers are just too stupid. Philly Uber Driver + Philly Uber Pax = Dumb and Drumber.
I kinda envy the Uber Driver in Northern Jersey because they make Surge happen every night and all night long. Its always Surge in Northern Jersey. !!

#17 ·
Monday night was great. I got in and out of the lot in little time, multiple times. I took Tuesday off, came back Wednesday and wow.... F me. It took 2 hours to go from 7th and Packer to the parking lot... 2 GD hours... the trip I picked up after that was a 32 dollar fair... so basically 32 bucks for over 2 hours of waiting. BS. I didn't even bother coming back to the lot because by the time that happened it was after the guaranteed surge closed. Ended up getting a nice fare to an airport hotel from Center City, on my way back in I saw the surge at 3.1 and grabbed someone for a 45 dollar fair. Long story short, it wasn't worth it.

Uber screwed the lot up after Monday night. It was a disaster. They have their heads up their backsides with this situation. I'm going to avoid it tonight until around 1130 or so. It's a joke. Then I'll wait until the 1:30 surge.

If we were smarter as a whole (all Philly Uber drivers) and just organized a log off time we could easily create massive surges.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.