Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Demand UberPool Removal!

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Agent99 
#1 ·
Has anybody had success doing this? Start nice and request that your account no longer receive UberPool. State that you will NEVER accept an UberPool request. You no longer want to temporarily disabled or logged-off after refusing 3 requests. Be honest, the records may be checked.

Give a valid reason, fear for your safety because of UberPool increased risk compared to X. Unrelated riders may argue with each other. You do not want to referee or risk being drawn into their argument. Your increased risk is not worth the small payment, compared to X.

Actually, UberPool payment to drivers is not worth it even without the increased risk.

#7 ·
Are you actually an uber driver? Your unbelievable amount of threads filled with rediculous amounts of information seem to indicate you wouldn't have time to drive. Are you a reporter, uber corporate employee, blogger? Seriously what's your story? 398 messages in less than a month.

#8 · (Edited)
I'm all of the above simultaneously! Plus I wassle bears, save damsels in distress, hack into America's enemies, and I'm currently writing my autobiography. It's about a tenth done, just over to 5500 pages, entitled "Posting Fool". :D

I am striving to reach the exulted pinnacle of success that you possess, the title of Well-Known Member. Only then may I rest.

Darn it. The cops are so touchy! That was only the 3rd red light that I blew while typing. Ouch! Header into a police cruiser. Gotta run now. Cya. o_O

#10 ·
Sorry to hear that :( How many times did you try? Atlanta drivers report a lot of success Opting-Out of uberPOOL.
Now, It's possible that San Francisco is different than Atlanta. However,
I suggest reading my post about their techniques, 4 posts before this one.

#11 ·
I asked once and they said no. I don't remember the wording but it they said drivers can't stop getting pool requests. Because of that my acceptance rating suffers but that's life. I asked Lyft and they complied. I'll need to ask a supervisor the next time I'm at an Uber office.

#14 ·
I exchanged maybe a dozen emails with Uber, and they told me to &%$@!* off every time, that opting out was not allowed. I escalated up the chain, and they kept saying no. Finally, they told me the matter was closed and ignored everything after that.
I would have waited a day, then started up a new opt-out demand. Wear them out before they wear you out.

And remember, one reason to be involved in opt out demands is to have a record of communications with Uber should you ever sue them or have a car accident while doing pool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.