Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wonder if we should, collectively, start demanding tips, due to rates being so low. I see more pax tipping. But, I took 4 drunk obnoxious guys, today. And was only paid $4, for 20 minute ride. If they tipped, I would have felt so much better.

So, the question is, should we start educating people about the tipping?

I have seen people from other cities, actually demanding the tip. Is this a right thing to do? opinions.

(i think i am trolling again)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You cannot demand a tip. A tip by definition is a gift freely given.

You can however demand a service charge. A $5.00 cash show up fee negotiated before you leave to get the pax would be a good start to compensating you for driving to them. Or maybe 7 minutes estimated drive to get to them, That will be $7.00 up front.

Do not know how long you will last till deactivation but worth a try.
yeh, deactivation is a problem.

well, i guess if a tip is gift. then should i stop tipping pizza delivery? or a waitress? it is gift after all. Uber drivers do provide relatively cheap, reliable service for people who do not drive. I think we provide more service than any pizza delivery guy. I have financial responsibility for the person within my vehicle. What responsibility pizza guy has? and yet, he gets tipped, and I don't. well not as much as I would like it to be.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I think it is silly for uber to be open about how cheap a ride with Uber is and then insist that a tip is not necessary. That just doesn't add up.
extreme, unrestricted capitalism at its best. next step is feudalism. no money exchange, working for food and shelter. Uber Distopia

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.