Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Administrator
7,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AN Uber Eats courier spilled a family's takeaway on the ground, scooped it back into containers with his bare hands and delivered it.

AD0208F0-021C-461D-9ECC-1DCCE7B43DF9.jpeg

He was caught on CCTV as the paper bag split - spilling burgers, chips, chicken wings and sauce on his customers' drive.

The courier kicked the bag under a parked Audi before handing over the stacked containers, some missing lids.

81CAF57B-D31F-4027-BDF4-52BB8B16076E.jpeg

Jonathan Levi, 41, said he questioned the delivery man, who was not wearing a mask or gloves, but he insisted all was well before hurrying away.

The incident was caught on neighbour Michael Valentine's CCTV cameras - and he rang to shout: "Don't eat the food."

The meal had been ordered by Jonathan's wife Emma, 46, for them and children Electra, 11, and Teddy, four.

She spent £26.50 at a gourmet burger restaurant in Finchley, North London, via the Uber app. TV producer Jonathan said: "The courier scarpered quickly on his bike. We started putting the order on plates and realised it was cold. Then Michael rang."

They cooked fish fingers from their freezer and took pictures of the bag, sauce and chips on the ground.

Jonathan said: "If we weren't in the middle of a pandemic I would have just thought the courier was a cheeky bastard. But I think this was as reckless as it was disgusting.

"He didn't care if we got food poisoning - or something much worse."

Uber said: "We are investigating the incident, and if found to be accurate, in these situations we would remove a courier's access to the app.

There's video and more pictures on the website linked below.

·
Rebel Honey Badger
17,938 Posts
Yes, that's right. Your food was assembled and reassembled right in your driveway. Ant fingers all over your tomatoes and cheese. 😜

20201205_163400.jpg

2020-12-05-16-44-29.jpg

·
Administrator
7,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

"Welch said the last link to his father was snatched from the street six days ago. Welch's fiance, Adriana Bello, said they captured the whole thing on a surveillance video.

"After she delivers the Uber Eats order to this house…she parked in front, she gets down to pet him and we have no problem with that," said Bello, pointing to the video.

But she said they do have a problem with what happened next.

"She turned around, picked him up, put him in her backseat and left," Bello said."

·
Banned
8,822 Posts

"Welch said the last link to his father was snatched from the street six days ago. Welch's fiance, Adriana Bello, said they captured the whole thing on a surveillance video.

"After she delivers the Uber Eats order to this house…she parked in front, she gets down to pet him and we have no problem with that," said Bello, pointing to the video.

"She turned around, picked him up, put him in her backseat and left," Bello said."
Chinese Food Delivery?

·
Premium Member
1,360 Posts

A DoorDash driver has lost her job after a video of her confronting a customer went viral on Reddit. The driver accused the customer of lying about not receiving their delivery.

According to the Daily Dot, the incident took place at a CVS Pharmacy in Garner, North Carolina. The driver alleged that a manager of the pharmacy had reported to DoorDash that she had not received her food order, despite the driver stating that she delivered to her personally. The driver confronted the employee in the CVS and captured the encounter with her phone camera.

DoorDash CVS thegrio.com
A CVS employee is confronted at her job by a DoorDash driver (Credit: screenshot)https://thegrio.com/2020/11/14/delivery-giant-doordash-files-paperwork-to-offer-public-stock/

"Excuse me - I was just wondering why you said that your food never got delivered when I handed it to you," the DoorDash driver said to the CVS worker as she was serving a customer. "That's fraud, and now I might get charged for it."

The CVS worker stated she did no such thing, but the driver showed on the app that she had. The CVS worker had been serving a customer, a police officer, and the confrontation caused the police officer to walk away.

The CVS worker stated, "Why did you even have the nerve to come in my job, talking to me when I was with another customer?" The DoorDash driver responded, "Because you have the nerve to report your food as never been received, so I can get in trouble and have to pay for it, and lose my job.

The CVS manager threatened to call the police on the driver, and the driver vacated the pharmacy.

Turns out, after the driver posted the video on Reddit, it went viral, and caused her to lose her job anyway. A DoorDash spokesperson released a statement regarding the video, as reported by TooFab: "We take the safety of our community extremely seriously, and such inappropriate behavior is never tolerated on the DoorDash platform."

The spokesperson continued, "Any behavior that violates this zero tolerance policy is grounds for deactivation, and we sincerely regret that this incident fell short of the experience we strive to give our customers every day."

Apparently Doordash takes no stance on fraud being perpetrated by its customers.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts

A DoorDash driver has lost her job after a video of her confronting a customer went viral on Reddit. The driver accused the customer of lying about not receiving their delivery.

According to the Daily Dot, the incident took place at a CVS Pharmacy in Garner, North Carolina. The driver alleged that a manager of the pharmacy had reported to DoorDash that she had not received her food order, despite the driver stating that she delivered to her personally. The driver confronted the employee in the CVS and captured the encounter with her phone camera.

DoorDash CVS thegrio.com
A CVS employee is confronted at her job by a DoorDash driver (Credit: screenshot)https://thegrio.com/2020/11/14/delivery-giant-doordash-files-paperwork-to-offer-public-stock/

"Excuse me - I was just wondering why you said that your food never got delivered when I handed it to you," the DoorDash driver said to the CVS worker as she was serving a customer. "That's fraud, and now I might get charged for it."

The CVS worker stated she did no such thing, but the driver showed on the app that she had. The CVS worker had been serving a customer, a police officer, and the confrontation caused the police officer to walk away.

The CVS worker stated, "Why did you even have the nerve to come in my job, talking to me when I was with another customer?" The DoorDash driver responded, "Because you have the nerve to report your food as never been received, so I can get in trouble and have to pay for it, and lose my job.

The CVS manager threatened to call the police on the driver, and the driver vacated the pharmacy.

Turns out, after the driver posted the video on Reddit, it went viral, and caused her to lose her job anyway. A DoorDash spokesperson released a statement regarding the video, as reported by TooFab: "We take the safety of our community extremely seriously, and such inappropriate behavior is never tolerated on the DoorDash platform."

The spokesperson continued, "Any behavior that violates this zero tolerance policy is grounds for deactivation, and we sincerely regret that this incident fell short of the experience we strive to give our customers every day."

Apparently Doordash takes no stance on fraud being perpetrated by its customers.
We are not living in a world anymore where you can actually confront someone

BLM

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts

Or just taking her someplace where she can get fixed and placed with somebody who won't let her outside. Life expectancy for outdoor cats is in the 3-5 year range.

·
Premium Member
825 Posts

DoorDash CVS thegrio.com

I commented on this video on this thread in the 'deliver' forum. The bottom line, is the DD should not have approached the customer the way she did. She asked her if she received it, the customer refused to answer, and it should've ended at that. But she continued harass her at workplace and follow her around, I agree she should've been terminated.

Now, we all know the customer clearly frauded the system, because she ordered something expensive and didn't want to pay for the order/fees, and I agree that it's unfortunate she's not held responsible, when she should be. These types of fraud cases are premeditated, the CVS worker knew she was going to claim she didn't receive the order long before she even placed that order. But in the same respect, I also think that CVS worker should be terminated, she threatened to punch the driver in the face and also using profanities at her.

I question if that door Dash driver would've lost her job if she hadn't approached the customer, maybe it was just a warning from DD of the 'failed delivery', because in the video, she never claimed she lost her job, only that she received a text message that the customer didn't receive the order. So I think the driver put themself in a situation where it was left alone, it might've just been a strike on their record.

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
She should be fired too. Because of her behavior, There happened confrontation under CVS.
I am going to support DD driver and will not be purchasing anything from CVS anymore. I am going to support DD driver. Fxxk CVS.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/kaluhx
Please All drivers, Boyscott CVS. Don't purchase anything from CVS. Support this DD driver.
By doing that, no one from any retails sellers will dare to make a false complaint.

·
Premium Member
1,360 Posts
I commented on this video on this thread in the 'deliver' forum. The bottom line, is the DD should not have approached the customer the way she did. She asked her if she received it, the customer refused to answer, and it should've ended at that. But she continued harass her at workplace and follow her around, I agree she should've been terminated.

Now, we all know the customer clearly frauded the system, because she ordered something expensive and didn't want to pay for the order/fees, and I agree that it's unfortunate she's not held responsible, when she should be. These types of fraud cases are premeditated, the CVS worker knew she was going to claim she didn't receive the order long before she even placed that order. But in the same respect, I also think that CVS worker should be terminated, she threatened to punch the driver in the face and also using profanities at her.

I question if that door Dash driver would've lost her job if she hadn't approached the customer, maybe it was just a warning from DD of the 'failed delivery', because in the video, she never claimed she lost her job, only that she received a text message that the customer didn't receive the order. So I think the driver put themself in a situation where it was left alone, it might've just been a strike on their record.
Yeah I agree completely. The driver made a dumb decision to confront this thief as there is currently no process to address her grievance. Cops couldn't care less about fraud taking place on these apps.

I do think its a shame that DD releases these generic statements that soley address the conduct of the driver without mentioning the "alleged" theft of goods and service.

For them its an acceptable loss, and a calculated one in their bigger picture. Obviously its not a loss we as drivers can anticipate, so I also understand someone getting emotional and doing something like this.

She should be fired too. Because of her behavior, There happened confrontation under CVS.
I am going to support DD driver and will not be purchasing anything from CVS anymore. I am going to support DD driver. Fxxk CVS.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/kaluhx
Please All drivers, Boyscott CVS. Don't purchase anything from CVS. Support this DD driver.
By doing that, no one from any retails sellers will dare to make a false complaint.
Sign me up, they dont sell squares anymore anyway!

I have one.

Super Ant never got the pizza delivered.

No tip for you!

https://www.reddit.com/r/IdiotsInCars/comments/kb9h5j
Wtf was this guy thinking?

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
I have one.

Super Ant never got the pizza delivered.

No tip for you!

https://www.reddit.com/r/IdiotsInCars/comments/kb9h5j
I Laughed hard enough where I was actually physically slapping my leg. Like, where was he delivering to? Out to a shed in the middle of the Ireland hills with a raging river? And.....probably all for $4.62 [W/expected tip].

I know it's a mistake that driver thought they could compensate, but it definitely doesn't make delivery drivers look very good with decisions like that.

Ok, if you excuse me, I'm going to rewatch this again for another laugh.

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts

DoorDash CVS thegrio.com

Now the alleged fraudster manager probably has $1000's of DD credit from DoorDash because they don't want to be sued because some crazy contractor came after her. DD girl now deactivated , I'm sure she will have a GoFundMe set up lol. Main thing I don't agree with on DD girl is she could've gone in done her lit confrontation (I would've never done this at all let dd manage their trash customers) in 30 seconds and left , instead she hangs around like this alleged fraudster manager is going to admit to any wrongdoing. She won't, she's probably a sociopath as many fraudsters are. This world is too crazy.

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
Now the alleged fraudster manager probably has $1000's of DD credit from DoorDash because they don't want to be sued because some crazy contractor came after her. DD girl now deactivated , I'm sure she will have a GoFundMe set up lol. Main thing I don't agree with on DD girl is she could've gone in done her lit confrontation (I would've never done this at all let dd manage their trash customers) in 30 seconds and left , instead she hangs around like this alleged fraudster manager is going to admit to any wrongdoing. She won't, she's probably a sociopath as many fraudsters are. This world is too crazy.
Her CVS location on yelp has been being given bad reviews by on line user because of that video.
She is going to get fired too. It was first delivery of this dasher and DD also sent this dasher about not receiving food complaint by customer along with the name of restaurant.
So she can't be able to sue because she was in wrong.

·
Premium Member
60,633 Posts
She should have come back at closing
Whupped her good
And threw her stealing self in the Dumpster !

1 - 20 of 39 Posts