Uber Drivers Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
I don't believe rideshare companies should be allowed to tell drivers they cannot carry legal firearms. We aren't employees and it is our own vehicles. Further I am waiting for the family of a slain driver to sue over it and try to make the company liable since the driver was forbidden from having a firearm.
i would never carry a gun, but i don't think it's unreasonable for other ride share drivers to carry, especially late night and city drivers. if the only thing that's stopping you is that you are worried about violating terms of service, go ahead and carry. odds are you're never going to have to use it. but, if you do and you get deactivated, that's a payday for you. can you imagine how much money you could raise off a go fund me for defending yourself with a firearm and then getting deactivated by uber? early retirement.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
A BAD PERSON MAY BE STUCK IN YOUR SMALL TOWN . . .AND GET OUT USING YOUR CAR !
While this is obviously true, and I take precautions by parking facing out and never leaving my car running, delivering in my area is very low risk. I'm aware and careful but life's too short spend time worrying about what MIGHT happen in such a low risk situation.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts