Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I weighed in here on the forum on not getting any ride requests in 3 hours. Today I decided to set out for the Westwood office while online and added 90 minutes of pingless driving. After my hour at the Uber DMV (plus side: they have couches!) I was directed to a real live Uber rep who wanted to be anywhere but behind that long table. I was told alot of Uber X drivers have been having this issue so we'll email you when we figure it out. Boy, that made my trip feel worthwhile. I suggested we try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it which Mr. Cheerful reluctantly agreed to and after a long time, told me he had changed my status so maybe it would work. He never specified what change that might be. Yesterday I had opted into deliveries which I now regret. Sure enough, when I got back in the car I got pings back but for deliveries only. I found these to be solitary short hops where you only meet your customers at your car window and park somewhere illegally every 10-15 minutes. Where have my ride requests gone? I sent an email to Uber support and got a reply in Spanish. I'm fired up and want to fix this. Has anyone else tried delivery? Do you like it? Do you still get pax? Any feedback is MUCH appreciated.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I am also opted into deliveries. I do get both PAX and delivery requests, however it seems like I get more delivery requests. I am in the process of opting out as I don't care to do deliveries anymore as they usually happen during meal time and I hate finding parking.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. The parking thing is a pain and they don't seem that lucrative. I was just surprised I got zero pax and all delivery tonight and thought it might be part of my issues from last night but I guess a ping is a ping whether it's for pork dumplings or a human

·
Registered
660 Posts
Thanks for the response. The parking thing is a pain and they don't seem that lucrative. I was just surprised I got zero pax and all delivery tonight and thought it might be part of my issues from last night but I guess a ping is a ping whether it's for pork dumplings or a human
It's not lucrative. Base rate $4 and $1 per mile. No per minute charge. I'm sure you get a lot of delivery requests because people don't want to take them. The PAX are harder to come by depending on where you're driving at and at what time.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As you talked about the core last night. So you're not losing out on pax because of delivery. There's just fewer of us opting in. My favorite tonight was a single churro. I guess when you gotta have a churro, call an Uber.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are everywhere. I'm being haunted by a parade of Prius drivers with those new corporate logo stickers at every stoplight. Maybe our fearless leader, Travis Kalanick, is the long awaited third party candidate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts