Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If our job is to bring an item to the door, wouldn't the mall entrance count.?

Again with UE got a mall delivering that was picked up across from the mall and brought to a lazy employee on 2nd floor.

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
If our job is to bring an item to the door, wouldn't the mall entrance count.?

Again with UE got a mall delivering that was picked up across from the mall and brought to a lazy employee on 2nd floor.
Wow! Great job! You deserve a badge: Customer Service..or maybe 'Got off my Bottom" or "Walker" or "I Deliver".

Nope and nope. Always make them meet me outside and have only had problems a couple of times. If they're hungry enough they will be outside.
Just have them meet you at the restaurant and save the gas

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow! Great job! You deserve a badge: Customer Service..or maybe 'Got off my Bottom" or "Walker" or "I Deliver".
I don't umderstand from your reply if you're implying something negative about me.

I asked a legitimate question because these employees of a particular store in the mall keep ordering food that's across from the mall or from the food court in the mall.

The mall has part of the parking lot fenced off, so parking is difficult to find.

I make all of my deliveries to the door, unless the customer is waiting at the curb, as some are.

I am not too lazy to get off my bottom. Thanks for showing me why I no longer wish to participate on this forum.

Thanks to the others who responded.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have only had to deliver to a mall once, and the girl met me outside by the food court as she herself instructed. The mall is dying off fast, so there isn't much in that food court. However, I'd go in if they wanted me to. The mall is one level and has entrances all over the place. Plus, to be honest, I like getting out of the car and walking.

·
Registered
175 Posts
It doesn't bother me at all to deliver inside the mall. I don't see the big deal as you knew well in advance that you signed up to be a Courier.
You need to take into account the enormity of some malls and time large commitment involved in finding parking and then walking to the customer.
Consider: we only make 5 or 6 dollars a delivery and the average delivery takes 20 to 30 minutes from ping to completion. Delivering to a large mall at a busy time of day may add 10 to 30 extra minutes time that we are not paid for.
Just dismissing a drivers complaint by saying "thats wht you signed up for" makes you sound both inexperienced and heartless.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts