Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Del Mar Racetrack pickups are not worth the trouble due to dozens of cops and very drunk stupid pax.

I was drawn up to Del Mar by an airport run. Once there I kept getting pings from Del Mar Racetrack.
I called each PAX and explained they needed to be out on Jimmy Durante Blvd and ready to jump into the car, or just walk up to the Animal Hospital where we could legally pick them up.

I received several drunken replies that I should come to where they wanted me. I only tried to explain to one, the rest I just hung up on and CXL.

The cops are out of control. We are doing a service by transporting people that would otherwise drive drunk.

Everyone I dropped off at the track got the story on how to get picked up by Uber when returning home.
Only ping when you are out on JD blvd, or at the Animal Hospital. Be ready to be quick to jump in.
If you see a cop, don't expect an Uber to stop. Those folks got it.

The folks that demanded I go where they were.... Hang up and CXL. They never tip, and the rides are usually under $10...

Thankfully a business guy gave me a great ride from Del Mar to Liberty
Station where I was able to do a good A/P pickup.

Joke Del Mar racetrack this year.

Complain to Uber and the cops. They need something better next year.

· Premium Member
8,470 Posts
Del Mar Racetrack is owned by the state of CA and leased to Del Mar Thoroughbred Club, not the city or county. What business does the city of Del Mar or SD have regulating private cars there?

· Banned
2,860 Posts
The Del Mar Racetrack pickups are not worth the trouble due to dozens of cops and very drunk stupid pax.

I was drawn up to Del Mar by an airport run. Once there I kept getting pings from Del Mar Racetrack.
I called each PAX and explained they needed to be out on Jimmy Durante Blvd and ready to jump into the car, or just walk up to the Animal Hospital where we could legally pick them up.

I received several drunken replies that I should come to where they wanted me. I only tried to explain to one, the rest I just hung up on and CXL.

The cops are out of control. We are doing a service by transporting people that would otherwise drive drunk.

Everyone I dropped off at the track got the story on how to get picked up by Uber when returning home.
Only ping when you are out on JD blvd, or at the Animal Hospital. Be ready to be quick to jump in.
If you see a cop, don't expect an Uber to stop. Those folks got it.

The folks that demanded I go where they were.... Hang up and CXL. They never tip, and the rides are usually under $10...

Thankfully a business guy gave me a great ride from Del Mar to Liberty
Station where I was able to do a good A/P pickup.

Joke Del Mar racetrack this year.

Complain to Uber and the cops. They need something better next year.
Thanks for confirming my gut not to deal with the track. I blew off a couple of requests this season,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.