Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I posted before that I had a couple of job interviews and that I was quitting Uber. One of them was auto parts delivery. The pay was 12.50 per hour, yet it was "independent contractor" work and I would have been using my own car/gas. I wasn't told this until after the interview. Needless to say, Uber would much better than that.. so I decided to finally start grinding a little more with Uber. I attached a screenshot of last week's earnings.

Who thinks this is decent and who thinks I should have taken the other job? I'm looking for real answers but if you just wanna make fun of my pay statement, that's fine too.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Not here to make fun, but it looks like you're doing to many base fare rides, which add too much weekly expenses and kills your car faster. There's no way to know which would be best-uber or the other gig-without knowing how many miles you will average per week at the latter gig. Once you know the average miles of each gig, compare operating costs to figure out which lists more

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
So I posted before that I had a couple of job interviews and that I was quitting Uber. One of them was auto parts delivery. The pay was 12.50 per hour, yet it was "independent contractor" work and I would have been using my own car/gas. I wasn't told this until after the interview. Needless to say, Uber would much better than that.. so I decided to finally start grinding a little more with Uber. I attached a screenshot of last week's earnings.

Who thinks this is decent and who thinks I should have taken the other job? I'm looking for real answers but if you just wanna make fun of my pay statement, that's fine too.
Did that for 6 years

Got tired of seeing the same faces and dealing with the same drama:
Customer: "Hey buddy, I got some returns for ya."
Dispatcher: "That huge pile is yours."

They were tired of me too:
Customer: "Still here?"

I hate lifting the batteries and cases of coolant (30+ lbs) and the grimy returns

The dispatcher loves giving out huge pile shipment to spite you

I quit right before they started GPS tracking with an LTE tablet

$2k/mo
~33kmi/yr deduction (~120+mi/day)
M-F 730a-5p

Stability

·
Registered
930 Posts

You should delete this thread. Once Travis finds out you are making twice what you could make driving for someone else he will cut your fares by a little less than 1/2.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts

You left out some important info if you want a serious evaluation, what platform are you? How many total miles did it take you to generate that revenue? And where do you drive? I am assuming you are either an xl or don't drive close to boost zones. Not much surge either

·
Registered
785 Posts

How much gasoline spending?

·
Registered
785 Posts
Should I trade up to minivan for uberXL?
If yes, what kind, cheap or long term?
Cheap: 07+ Grand Caravan
Long term: Mercedes Metris

I could sleep flat when offline

Barely ever parking at home,
looking for home away from home.
Want to cut deadmiles and get more sleep
I dri
Should I trade up to minivan for uberXL?
If yes, what kind, cheap or long term?
Cheap: 07+ Grand Caravan
Long term: Mercedes Metris

I could sleep flat when offline

Barely ever parking at home,
looking for home away from home.
Want to cut deadmiles and get more sleep
Drive cheap, and drive both x and. XL, get a Nissan quest they rnot expensive and Nissan last

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts

$12.50/hr using ur own car? That's daylight robbery!! Now I know why so many ants are still driving for uber. Despite all the negativity surrounding uber, they actually pay decent compared to a lot of other bottom dwelling jobs out there. I'm going to cherish my uber account. lol. Your statement is typical of what an average uber driver would make so I don't see anything wrong with it. I make $20/hr-$23/hr but that's weekend only. Hopefully, things will pick up once Spring arrives and we get a slight bump in income.

Uber on!

·
Banned
20,770 Posts

Last week was harsh.

You did alright.

Not here to make fun, but it looks like you're doing to many base fare rides, which add too much weekly expenses and kills your car faster. There's no way to know which would be best-uber or the other gig-without knowing how many miles you will average per week at the latter gig. Once you know the average miles of each gig, compare operating costs to figure out which lists more
12.50 x 40 = 500

And still requires own car ....yeah pass on that

1 - 20 of 26 Posts