Uber Drivers Forum banner
141 - 147 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
There's plenty of evidence against fair. They're the ones who sold the accounts. How is it exactly possible that all of us have gotten these collections but have never heard anything directly from Fair about a balance due. Fair should have closed the accounts in accordance with the contract and they didn't and instead decided to sell the accounts.

Fair admitted to selling the accounts to Rock Creek. They shouldn't have done that.
Null was able to be free from this mess by filling out a complaint on the CFPB. He replied here on this post about it and how he did so. So thank you Null. Be as clear as possible. I literally just filed a complaint on the CFPB just now. I also sent a complaint on the BBB (Better Business Bureau) to Fair Acquisition, LLC. Be as clear and detailed as possible there too. I will also reach out to my attorney general here in California to complain on there too. Is that overkill now?

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
There's plenty of evidence against fair. They're the ones who sold the accounts. How is it exactly possible that all of us have gotten these collections but have never heard anything directly from Fair about a balance due. Fair should have closed the accounts in accordance with the contract and they didn't and instead decided to sell the accounts.

Fair admitted to selling the accounts to Rock Creek. They shouldn't have done that.
What exactly is the relationship between XChange and Fair? My lease was with XChange. After XChange terminated my lease early, I rented (not lease) a car from Fair. Fair never once mentioned they had any affiliation with XChange or tried to collect from me on the lease.

This is all very confusing :mad:

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
What exactly is the relationship between XChange and Fair? My lease was with XChange. After XChange terminated my lease early, I rented (not lease) a car from Fair. Fair never once mentioned they had any affiliation with XChange or tried to collect from me on the lease.

This is all very confusing :mad:
Xchange Leasing was the company we started out with when we leased. Fair bought the contracts and portfolios to our Xchange Leases in early 2018 and that’s where they messed up. So, Fair is fully to blame not xchange leasing. This is how Fair plays the huge culprit in our thousands of dollars in debts that are not ours but an error in some sort of accounting or contract breach.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,
I returned a leased Uber exchange car in 2019 and received a letter from a debt collector « RPM »alleging a 3000.00$ balance owed.
I never missed a single payment.
Any similar cases in the community ?
Any advice appreciated in advance.
I've been getting calls from RPM as well I turn my car in in good standing and they were even telling me they would give me $500 if I would return it early I never missed a payment I always pay my bills and now out of the blue they're calling to collect I don't get it

·
Premium Member
24,569 Posts
I've been getting calls from RPM as well I turn my car in in good standing and they were even telling me they would give me $500 if I would return it early I never missed a payment I always pay my bills and now out of the blue they're calling to collect I don't get it
Read this thread from the beginning.

Pay attention to steps for disputing the debt.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
They stopped calling me after I send out a dispute letter. Haven’t had a call from RPM for more than 3 weeks now. Send dispute letter is step one. Then at the same send a complaint to the CFPB about this issue. Also go to BBB and file a complaint against Fair Acquisitions LLC. I think one of the viewers here has a lawyer following this issue closely too.

·
Premium Member
2019 Reproduction 1860s era Stage Coach, Vintage Italian Leather Saddle, A-36 stainless horse shoes
8,293 Posts
I'm so glad that uber had per mile rates in the gutter before Fair came to town and it never made any sense....

wait...

I'm so glad I saw fair as a landmine and never jumped on it.

The reality is that they tried and failed to get on the same business model that taxis have been doing for decades. $100s a week for a rental car to use as a taxi.

The problem is that they never really understood the fundamentals.

Rent a car for 100s a week, expect a lot of turnover, and collect cash up front. Then put yourself into an impossible to be burned cash up front model renting POS cars.

They tried to make proper leases out of it. The reality is that the demand for these services will largely be those with poor and no credit who you can never bleed for anything in court, so taking them to court is just an effort in futility.

I mean what's a civil judgement mean to someone who lives in a cheap motel and pays week to week in cash?

That's the real market for week to week taxi rentals.

You know what a week to week rental on a taxi costs at the company I drive for?

Well I pay $300 per week for 2 DAYS of rental so you can probably guess.

141 - 147 of 147 Posts