Uber Drivers Forum banner
121 - 140 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'll PM you. He's watching this thread
Yeah because I tried like a couple like Lemberg Law and another here in California. Straigh up Denied me because they said they do “consumer law only” then hung up and basically I felt like that can care less about me. I need to get in touch with this lawyer of yours. Maybe I’ll send you a personal message with that number ?

·
Rebel Honey Badger
18,559 Posts
Yeah because I tried like a couple like Lemberg Law and another here in California. Straigh up Denied me because they said they do “consumer law only” then hung up and basically I felt like that can care less about me. I need to get in touch with this lawyer of yours. Maybe I’ll send you a personal message with that number ?
PM sent.

I think you should contact my attorney and send him the info. He will ask that you contact him anyway if I contact him for you. But he is watching this thread to see how this RPM is operating nationwide vs just a Seattle thing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
PM sent.

I think you should contact my attorney and send him the info. He will ask that you contact him anyway if I contact him for you. But he is watching this thread to see how this RPM is operating nationwide vs just a Seattle thing.
Wow this attorney is actually on this thread ? Okay so he sees multiple people are seeing this issue. I sent him a message but it says one business day to reply. Some of us are i California though and not in Washington state. Not sure if this plays into whether or not he can help us. If the lawyer is reading this now I will tell him: Hi! So many of us who drove for Xchange leasing are seeing these mysterious debts that make no sense whatsoever. You may have a large case on your hands actually, as it affects multiple people.

·
Rebel Honey Badger
18,559 Posts
Wow this attorney is actually on this thread ? Okay so he sees multiple people are seeing this issue. I sent him a message but it says one business day to reply. Some of us are i California though and not in Washington state. Not sure if this plays into whether or not he can help us. If the lawyer is reading this now I will tell him: Hi! So many of us who drove for Xchange leasing are seeing these mysterious debts that make no sense whatsoever. You may have a large case on your hands actually, as it affects multiple people.
I'll text him your post

·
Premium Member
24,569 Posts
More proof Uber dropped the ball big time
Read my signature line. It's wasn't dropping the ball.

Dara found a way to get a few dollars and **** drivers by selling bogus junk debts.

**** your mother Dara. 🖕🖕🖕🖕

Reactions: Lissetti

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
All of these so called lawyers that say they will work with us for free and have a cash settlement all only do consumer law (credit card debt, utilities, and so on). So I guess we are all alone because finding a lawyer that deals with businesses (in this case Xchange Lease and Fair) will be difficult to find. Unless we get lucky I’m hopeful. On a positive note: RPM hasn’t called me at all even if they responded to my validation request. It’s a letter that basically says what I supposedly owe but no other details beyond that.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
I want to share some glimmer of hope. A very good poster on here and someone I speak to on Reddit has probably found a solution to this issue. He is working but I know he will share what he did for those who are still worried about this. Below is a copy to fair’s response to him. Not sure how he did it as I said but I know he wants to help us out. Below is a snapshot of what a resolution would look like. There is hope. Hang in there
Font Number Document Parallel Symmetry

·
Registered
16 Posts
I want to share some glimmer of hope. A very good poster on here and someone I speak to on Reddit has probably found a solution to this issue. He is working but I know he will share what he did for those who are still worried about this. Below is a copy to fair’s response to him. Not sure how he did it as I said but I know he wants to help us out. Below is a snapshot of what a resolution would look like. There is hope. Hang in there
THIS IS IT!!! It means that there was in fact an error somehow. Someone I’m talking to here also has his lawyer observing this. Lissetti. If you show this to your lawyer and he sees that , it only validates the very fact the there was indeed an error. Is your lawyer only working on the behalf of yourself or on everyone who has this RPM issue with Rock Creek Capital. We aren’t responsible for this debt. It says it right there at the bottom “Rock Creek has informed Fair that it closed the account which will also cease collection activity”

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
I sent Andrew the screenshot.

I did a CFPB complaint and named RPM as the primary and Fair Acquisition LLC as the secondary.

Complaint was primarily to report RPM for violating the FDCPA, but also accused Fair of fraud and accounting negligence, having not properly closed the account in accordance with the contract, and selling it to a debt buyer.

Fair still exists as a legal entity. I'm just guessing that my complaint made it it across the desk of Marc Bonnani, counsel for Fair. I'm not sure who else there would still be responding to complaints on behalf of Fair.

Regardless. It appears Fair contacted Rock Creek on my behalf and either decided that my complaint had merit, or that I'm too big of a pain to bother.

However, I'm still slightly concerned that 'closed' on Rock Creek's behalf might still mean 'sold to someone else' to kick the can down the road later.

It's over for now it seems.

I can't imagine how many accounts are in RCCs portfolio that are as suspect as ours.

I know of one other driver who fully paid for the lease on Fair, and paid the value to purchase it after lease term. Got his title and all, and no collections from RPM. So, it definitely seems like Fair simply didn't close accounts it should have.

·
Rebel Honey Badger
18,559 Posts
THIS IS IT!!! It means that there was in fact an error somehow. Someone I’m talking to here also has his lawyer observing this. Lissetti. If you show this to your lawyer and he sees that , it only validates the very fact the there was indeed an error. Is your lawyer only working on the behalf of yourself or on everyone who has this RPM issue with Rock Creek Capital. We aren’t responsible for this debt. It says it right there at the bottom “Rock Creek has informed Fair that it closed the account which will also cease collection activity”
My attorney is handling all communication with them but one step further is I want to make sure I don't have to go through this every few years when another collection company buys up all these old Xchange Lease accounts.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
RPM responded to my demand letter, and as I expected they simply repeated the stuff they said in their original collection letter, except this time they itemized the total alleged amount into the subcategories of "contract deficiency", "rent past due", "sales expense", and "lease termination charge". They don't specify how and when the alleged debt was created, even though I requested this info in my demand letter. They say the "original creditor" is Rock Creek, and I've never had any dealings with Rock Creek, and Rock Creek was not even mentioned in their original collection letter. There is now no mention of Xchange Leasing in the response letter. They claim this response letter satisfies 15 USC 1692g.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
RPM responded to my demand letter, and as I expected they simply repeated the stuff they said in their original collection letter, except this time they itemized the total alleged amount into the subcategories of "contract deficiency", "rent past due", "sales expense", and "lease termination charge". They don't specify how and when the alleged debt was created, even though I requested this info in my demand letter. They say the "original creditor" is Rock Creek, and I've never had any dealings with Rock Creek, and Rock Creek was not even mentioned in their original collection letter. There is now no mention of Xchange Leasing in the response letter. They claim this response letter satisfies 15 USC 1692g.
It appears several of you are getting actual responses to your debt verification letters. I only got a letter that 'they're looking into it.' However, I asked for a LOT more information and explicitly mentioned that I was disputing the debt, and also mentioned how Fair screwed up. Chronologically - I don't know if Fair's counsel reached out to Rock Creek before RPM got to processing my dispute.

Asking for verification and disputing the debt are different things. My feeling is everyone in this thread needs to DISPUTE this debt.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
It appears several of you are getting actual responses to your debt verification letters. I only got a letter that 'they're looking into it.' However, I asked for a LOT more information and explicitly mentioned that I was disputing the debt, and also mentioned how Fair screwed up. Chronologically - I don't know if Fair's counsel reached out to Rock Creek before RPM got to processing my dispute.

Asking for verification and disputing the debt are different things. My feeling is everyone in this thread needs to DISPUTE this debt.
The original RPM letter didn't mention Fair, so neither did I in my demand letter. I also don't have any evidence that Fair did anything wrong, so I didn't make any allegations regarding Fair. Yes, I explicitly disputed the existence and validity of the alleged debt.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
The original RPM letter didn't mention Fair, so neither did I in my demand letter. I also don't have any evidence that Fair did anything wrong, so I didn't make any allegations regarding Fair. Yes, I explicitly disputed the existence and validity of the alleged debt.
There's plenty of evidence against fair. They're the ones who sold the accounts. How is it exactly possible that all of us have gotten these collections but have never heard anything directly from Fair about a balance due. Fair should have closed the accounts in accordance with the contract and they didn't and instead decided to sell the accounts.

Fair admitted to selling the accounts to Rock Creek. They shouldn't have done that.

121 - 140 of 147 Posts