Uber Drivers Forum banner
101 - 120 of 147 Posts

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
I try to digitize all my documents, though lately I've been slipping. Hopefully I still have the Xchange lease from 4.5 years ago stored in a USB drive somewhere. I remember the lease said that if I terminate the lease early, they get to keep my $250 deposit. Nothing about me having to pay for the rest of the lease. Except in my case I was not even the one who terminated the lease, it was Xchange.

Just more and more f'd up the more I think about it. Definitely will look into reporting them.
Maybe this can help?
Font Material property Parallel Pattern Number

·
Registered
16 Posts
Has anyone else documented calls from RPM? I want to see what numbers they're using and how often.

Today they called me twice from their 877 number. I know they are a third party debt collector working for Rock Creek Capital. I’m still wondering what damage my credit report will have but it seems odd that there’s no delinquent reports on my credit report from rock creek capital. Is this some desperate attempt for RPM to get money from the ones that fall quick to fear tactics?

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Today they called me twice from their 877 number. I know they are a third party debt collector working for Rock Creek Capital. I’m still wondering what damage my credit report will have but it seems odd that there’s no delinquent reports on my credit report from rock creek capital. Is this some desperate attempt for RPM to get money from the ones that fall quick to fear tactics?
Send your dispute letter? If so, they're supposed to have stopped calling you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Send your dispute letter? If so, they're supposed to have stopped calling you.
Yes sent it out to dispute the debt and prove it , and they called me once today. Sent it via certified mail. You know what ? I don’t owe these people thousands because I payed FAIR on time with the proof I did so. I even looked up the Vin of my old car and it says it was sold September 2018. I gave the Car back to Fair in August 2018. What on earth can these thousands be? I think you and anyone here who wants to all come together to fight this should all unite. We don’t owe them this money and if you have proof you paid on time it should be enough to get out of this.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Yes sent it out to dispute the debt and prove it , and they called me once today. Sent it via certified mail. You know what ? I don’t owe these people thousands because I payed FAIR on time with the proof I did so. I even looked up the Vin of my old car and it says it was sold September 2018. I gave the Car back to Fair in August 2018. What on earth can these thousands be? I think you and anyone here who wants to all come together to fight this should all unite. We don’t owe them this money and if you have proof you paid on time it should be enough to get out of this.
If they called you after they got your dispute get your $1k from them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,
I returned a leased Uber exchange car in 2019 and received a letter from a debt collector « RPM »alleging a 3000.00$ balance owed.
I never missed a single payment.
Any similar cases in the community ?
Any advice appreciated in advance.
Me too. RPM sent me a bill for $4300 a week ago. I returned the car over 3 years ago. It was no return early penalty and unlimited miles. They sent a letter offering money to return early, I did and got the $50. They kept the $200 deposit for early return stipulation on the contract. How is that a no penalty early return.
I called a lawyer after telling off the person at RPM.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Me too. RPM sent me a bill for $4300 a week ago. I returned the car over 3 years ago. It was no return early penalty and unlimited miles. They sent a letter offering money to return early, I did and got the $50. They kept the $200 deposit for early return stipulation on the contract. How is that a no penalty early return.
I called a lawyer after telling off the person at RPM.
Get the dispute out ASAP. Start billing them for every single time they violate the law.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Has anyone actually got a letter back from RPM YET? Some of us got these dreadful letters earlier than others so I’m asking those who submitted their dispute letters weeks ago or sometime in October. I know someone on Reddit did and this is what it broke down to: fees and the ending of the lease early. It’s all bull crap because I was never told by Fair that there’s a penalty for this. Original Xchange leasing contract said we can end early but we just won’t get that $250 deductible back. It’s odd. All our credit scores are going to take a hit now. Anyone see any changes on their experian scores yet? I sent a snapshot of what I saw on Yelp:
Font Screenshot Parallel Document Number

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Has anyone actually got a letter back from RPM YET? I know someone on Reddit did and this is what it broke down to: fees and the ending of the lease early. It’s all bull crap because I was never told by Fair that there’s a penalty for this. Original Xchange leasing contract said we can end early but we just won’t get that $250 deductible back. It’s odd. All our credit scores are going to take a hit now. Anyone see any changes on their experian scores yet? I sent a snapshot of what I saw on Yelp:
View attachment 626520
I have a letter from RPM that's at my mail service that I haven't picked up yet.

It looks like they're trying to play hard ball. Fine with me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a letter from RPM that's at my mail service that I haven't picked up yet.

It looks like they're trying to play hard ball. Fine with me.
I might resort contacting a lawyer then, someone who does it for free because there are a couple of those like Lemberg Law and so on. Let This group know what your letter says when you get it. This way we all know what to expect.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
I might resort contacting a lawyer then, someone who does it for free because there are a couple of those like Lemberg Law and so on. Let This group know what your letter says when you get it. This way we all know what to expect.
The screenshot you quoted it doesn't imply that they sent a verification letter, but rather asked on the phone about various details - To which I believe RPM is right stating that they don't have to supply them if asked verbally.

There's really -0- point in contacting them via phone.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
No one posted on here for a while. So I wonder if we truly do need to pay this RPM thing because it seems like it may not go away easily? Do we just accept that our credit reports will be crap for the next 7 years now? Or do we fight it somehow? I know as long as it does end up in collections we may get sued for it. I haven’t seen any negative marks on my credit report yet but maybe after the 30 day mark of when they sent out the letter… a huge thousands of dollars ugly report will ruin my credit and insure I won’t get any kind of new loans for the next 7 years. On a plus note they haven’t called me for a while but it could be because they got my dispute letter. After the 30 day mark maybe the calls will flood in.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
No one posted on here for a while. So I wonder if we truly do need to pay this RPM thing because it seems like it may not go away easily? Do we just accept that our credit reports will be crap for the next 7 years now? Or do we fight it somehow? I know as long as it does end up in collections we may get sued for it. I haven’t seen any negative marks on my credit report yet but maybe after the 30 day mark of when they sent out the letter… a huge thousands of dollars ugly report will ruin my credit and insure I won’t get any kind of new loaned for the next 7 years. On a plus note they haven’t called me for a while but it could be because they got my dispute letter. After the 30 day mark maybe the calls will flood in.
You're concerned about nothing. This fear is going to make you irrational and have less power.

If they sue you, so what? All of us can bring a copy of the contract, and we all have records of payments made. It's unlikely RPM has access to any of the records from Xchange or Fair. We have more knowledge and power than they do to contest any amount they allege.

They aren't likely to report anything to the bureaus since doing so would unleash a metric shit storm of trouble.

RCC and RPM are trying to collect on debts they likely know full well aren't valid.

If they go full ****** they're more than welcome to. I'm more than happy to take them for enough to be worth my while.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
You're concerned about nothing. This fear is going to make you irrational and have less power.

If they sue you, so what? All of us can bring a copy of the contract, and we all have records of payments made. It's unlikely RPM has access to any of the records from Xchange or Fair. We have more knowledge and power than they do to contest any amount they allege.

They aren't likely to report anything to the bureaus since doing so would unleash a metric shit storm of trouble.

RCC and RPM are trying to collect on debts they likely know full well aren't valid.

If they go full ** they're more than welcome to. I'm more than happy to take them for enough to be worth my while.
A friend of mine who did xchange leasing actually paid the 2k they asked and now it shows up on his credit reports. As for folks like you and me and many others who sent dispute letters, nothing reported to the bureaus. So you do have a point now that I step back and look at it. My friend that paid it did that to himself as paying it put the delinquent record automatically on his credit history. Paying just one dollar will be enough to push that record on to you. You seem to have some good advice as I worry a lot. You’ll provide info and guidance here and I’ll listen.

·
Premium Member
24,566 Posts
A friend of mine who did xchange leasing actually paid the 2k they asked and now it shows up on his credit reports. As for folks like you and me and many others who sent dispute letters, nothing reported to the bureaus. So you do have a point now that I step back and look at it. My friend that paid it did that to himself as paying it put the delinquent record automatically on his credit history. Paying just one dollar will be enough to push that record on to you. You seem to have some good advice as I worry a lot. You’ll provide info and guidance here and I’ll listen.
RPM jism satchel agent tried getting me to agree to pay $100 as a step towards keeping it off my credit.

I asked him if he thought I was ****ing stupid because I know that if I pay a dime it validates the debt.

I told him he'll get a letter from my attorney.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
See? Your friend got scared and made himself a damn fool. Now his credit is worse and he's out the money. Worst yet he probably didn't owe jack shit in reality.

"A fool and his money are soon parted" don't join him.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have also received calls and a letter from RPM/Rock Creek Capital, LLC. This is awful Uber/Xchange is doing this to drivers years after the fact.

I'm outside my 30 days, can it still be disputed?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have also received calls and a letter from RPM/Rock Creek Capital, LLC. This is awful Uber/Xchange is doing this to drivers years after the fact.

I'm outside my 30 days, can it still be disputed?
Are you seeing anything in your credit report as a collection? Because many of us here believe they can’t do that and they’re just after this debt and will play into those scared enough to pay. Ask one of the dudes here he’s very good. His name is Null and he’s already provided a lot of info here. He may have good insight on the past 30 days thing.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Are you seeing anything in your credit report as a collection? Because many of us here believe they can’t do that and they’re just after this debt and will play into those scared enough to pay. Ask one of the dudes here he’s very good. His name is Null and he’s already provided a lot of info here. He may have good insight on the past 30 days thing.
Past 30 days they aren't required by the FDCPA to respond to verification. You lose a bit of leverage by not responding in 30 days, but it doesn't make the debt suddenly valid that otherwise isn't.

I'd send the dispute and ask for verification anyway. They're still required to post that the debt is disputed if they report it to the credit bureaus. It also gives you an opportunity to control how they contact you (phone, mail, email only, etc. - Or not at all) so you can stop the communication flood. I'd give them a mailing address only vs a complete cease and desist.

Even though they aren't required to respond to verification requests after the 30 days - it still looks good on your part if you're sued that you tried to research the issue - and the collection agency didn't work with you towards a resolution. Also that you left open a communication channel. You want to plan for the long game, worst case scenario which is they try to use a suit to intimidate you. You want to keep everything in check and make them look like the bad guy, suing people for unverifiable amounts, aggressive collection, baseless suits, etc.

101 - 120 of 147 Posts