Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.
201 - 220 of 247 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
So maybe it's about time we ALL start getting legal help to start the process of gathering all the TECH SUPPORT messages that went unanswered or were just outright poorly handled nevermind errors and lies. Who are these people with Rock Creek Capital LLC and RPM Collections. My investigative reporter friends sure are gonna love the insanity of them chasing after these "non-debts" or at least get to the bottom and make them pay for the harrassment and mental anguish of it all. Just saying...I dunno. Sorry, it's late and they have upset me & family members.

· Rebel Honey Badger
19,364 Posts
I need your attorney's information I need help they're trying to assume I never missed a payment I returned the car I even received letters from Uber leasing asking me to turn in the car and they give me $500 I didn't miss payments I always paid I don't know why I'm being sued for this I still have the emails of them offering me $500 to turn in the car back in
PM sent. 🙂

· Registered
12 Posts
I had an attorney write a dispute letter. They sent back a generic response.

It hit my credit today.

I will burn these mother****ers to the ground.
If you don't mind sharing, what what the generic response? Was it just like balance owed and we own it now kinda thing? Also, did it match the info they put on your credit report? I'm trying to figure out my next best move. Any info be appreciated and helpful. Thank you.

· Registered
12 Posts
Glad you were able to dodge that bullet! You were apparently very lucky or maybe haven't been profiled yet by these various companies.

From what I've been told, these issues also took place before Fair, though to be clear it appears like the non-communication or faulty records situation really got worse afterwards... I'm stuck in the middle of all this and haven't figured out who's responsible yet though many suggest it was Fair (now in bankruptcy) plus later on the debt buyer (Rock Creek Capital LLC) is out there having it collected by (RPM: Receivable Performance Management) and reporting on people's credit reports... There's talk that several really dedicated folks are making it their mission to gather up app screenshots, contracts/documents, emails, letters, recorded phone conversations for the purposes of pursuing legal action and press coverage. Private messaging platforms to protect info. I was impressed by how many and the level of detail gathered. UBER's Dara Khosrowshahi is gonna love it!

· Premium Member
13,125 Posts
It's a hemorrhoid now. Soon to be removed. I got all my records. Contracts etc. They want something for me not owed to them. I will prevail. I will wait a few more days till it hits all 3 credit reports. I am no giving them dick.
So far expedition only

· Premium Member
Recovering Longhauler
29,705 Posts
If any of you have been contacted by RPM after filing a dispute I found an attorney willing to go after them for FDCPA violations.

Office may be able to help with the debt issue, but for that you'd need to need to speak to them directly.
Does dinging my credit report after I sent them a dispute letter along with payment history from my bank account showing I paid every dime I was supposed to?

As I said I want to burn these mother****ers to the ground.

Sky Atmosphere Cloud Ecoregion Azure

This is the wrong time to **** with me

Reactions: Uberyouber

· Premium Member
3,163 Posts
Does dinging my credit report after I sent them a dispute letter along with payment history from my bank account showing I paid every dime I was supposed to?

As I said I want to burn these mother****ers to the ground.

View attachment 650493

This is the wrong time to **** with me
Do they show your debt as disputed? If so, they do have a duty to report your debt as disputed.

If they failed to do this they violated the FDCPA.

· Premium Member
3,163 Posts

RPM has been sued in the past for violating the FDCPA. Your case, provided you actually used the verbiage that you disputed the debt, likely falls under the same thing. If you disputed the debt and they didn't report it properly they violated the FDCPA, and you should sue them.

· Registered
11,741 Posts
Glad you were able to dodge that bullet! You were apparently very lucky or maybe haven't been profiled yet by these various companies.

From what I've been told, these issues also took place before Fair, though to be clear it appears like the non-communication or faulty records situation really got worse afterwards... I'm stuck in the middle of all this and haven't figured out who's responsible yet though many suggest it was Fair (now in bankruptcy) plus later on the debt buyer (Rock Creek Capital LLC) is out there having it collected by (RPM: Receivable Performance Management) and reporting on people's credit reports... There's talk that several really dedicated folks are making it their mission to gather up app screenshots, contracts/documents, emails, letters, recorded phone conversations for the purposes of pursuing legal action and press coverage. Private messaging platforms to protect info. I was impressed by how many and the level of detail gathered. UBER's Dara Khosrowshahi is gonna love it!
I wouldn't be surprised if the problems were a consequence of poor record-keeping / handover by Xchange. When I returned the car, the dealer phoned Xchange to tell them that the car had been returned. While he was on the phone to them, he passed me the phone and told me that Xchange wanted to speak to me to confirm that I had returned the car, so I did.

However, knowing that Xchange was a useless as Uber with driver data and record-keeping, before I left the parking lot I phoned Xchange to check that their records had been updated properly and the support agent told me that no, there was no record of me having returned the car and that "the system" still showed me as being in possession of the car and that another payment was due the following week. So back into the dealership I went, and we repeated the entire process of the dealer phoning Xchange, passing the phone to me etc etc.

I went back out into the parking lot and phoned again. I spoke to a different agent and just asked when the next payment was due on my account. "No", the agent said, "The system is showing that you have already returned your car and this account is now closed".

"Perfect", I said, and ended the call.

A year before that, I had an Xchange rep literally yelling at me down the phone, claiming that because they had not yet received paperwork from the dealer when I got the car from him, there was no rental agreement in place, that I was in illegal possession of the car and that I could be stopped by the police and arrested and the car seized.

It became clear in that moment that Xchange were rank amateurs and that extreme care would be needed with them.

· Premium Member
5,448 Posts
Did you return the vehicle PRIOR TO THE EXPIRY of the lease agreement which you signed, and I assume you read ?

Many CLOSED END leases have a clause that says, simply, if you return the unit before the balance of payments are made, you are responsible for paying the remainder in a lump sum.

For example, if you want to get out of a 36 months lease at month 30, you would still need to pay the remaining 6 months in full.

Not al leases are like this, but the majority, particularily those from captive automotive and other secondary credit finance companies are. This probably is why they are coming after you now.
If they leased the same vehicle again during the period of which they're charging you they're not entitled to payment. Perhaps a portion while the vehicle was not leased. If you break a lease on an apartment but the owner rents the unit within a few days, you are only responsible for the time of vacancy.

· Registered
12 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if the problems were a consequence of poor record-keeping / handover by Xchange. When I returned the car, the dealer phoned Xchange to tell them that the car had been returned. While he was on the phone to them, he passed me the phone and told me that Xchange wanted to speak to me to confirm that I had returned the car, so I did.

However, knowing that Xchange was a useless as Uber with driver data and record-keeping, before I left the parking lot I phoned Xchange to check that their records had been updated properly and the support agent told me that no, there was no record of me having returned the car and that "the system" still showed me as being in possession of the car and that another payment was due the following week. So back into the dealership I went, and we repeated the entire process of the dealer phoning Xchange, passing the phone to me etc etc.

I went back out into the parking lot and phoned again. I spoke to a different agent and just asked when the next payment was due on my account. "No", the agent said, "The system is showing that you have already returned your car and this account is now closed".

"Perfect", I said, and ended the call.

A year before that, I had an Xchange rep literally yelling at me down the phone, claiming that because they had not yet received paperwork from the dealer when I got the car from him, there was no rental agreement in place, that I was in illegal possession of the car and that I could be stopped by the police and arrested and the car seized.

It became clear in that moment that Xchange were rank amateurs and that extreme care would be needed with them.
Yep, that sounds exactly like my wonderful interactions with the whole insanely incompetent group of people at Xchange. Some were nicer or at least attempted to get some resolution to only have the same issues re-appear shortly thereafter. Seen some stories and documents about how the dealerships had complaints and issues and how even they as slimy car dealerships were amazed as standard operating procedures. What an experience and can't wait to see where these goes next. Thank you.

· Premium Member
Recovering Longhauler
29,705 Posts
Was your credit severely hit? I was able to get out of this situation by sending a complaint to the CFPB and they cleared my account saying I don’t owe anything. Credit didn’t take a hit. How many points did you fall? Sorry to hear about you and others who had this actually show up on their credit reports.
Mine was big. Over 50 points easily.

They don't have it listed as disputed on the credit report.

Will be contacting an attorney this week.

What did you do with the CFPB? Sorry but if you can post it I'm sure others would also appreciate it.

201 - 220 of 247 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.