Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Uber,
Stop trying to harass Select drivers into HUGE LOSSES picking up X fares. We don't buy your "we find drivers make more money when they accept all levels" manure because you lie all the time and obviously ignore the increased expenses of a select car. I did NOT buy an expensive car to drive for $.50 a mile so please stop refusing to let me have a Select only profile and please START showing passengers there are other cars out there. Do you realize how many riders request a car through x Four or Five times in a row without the slightest realization that Select drivers are online? When you show cars, why don't you have SEPARATE symbols for XL, Select and Black cars? A rider who's ping gets refused should immediately be considering a higher level of cars, but they forget they exist. You would have happier drivers and more profit if you tweaked the display.
Your stubbornness is nothing but mean to your own drivers and reducing the pleasureful experience of riders. They get frustrated when they see a car nearby but have their request repeatedly turned down because the driver only wants higher level pings.
Guess how many X rides I will take? Anything other than ZERO, EVER (unless x is surging) would be incorrect. I even refused my next door neighbors request. I'm not driving my car into the ground for sub minimum wages.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
You still are implying you bought a car to drive for Uber, which I'm hoping no one driving Select (or any level for that matter) would consider a good idea.

·
Premium Member
60,561 Posts
Unfair to Select drivers !

Unfair to X drivers to have to compete with Select Vehicles.

Uber has taken their business model " OUT OF THE PALACE AND INTO THE DITCH !"

Everything that once was outstanding and unique about Uber ,HAS BEEN RUINED BY UBER !

UBER LOST IN THE WILDERNESS.

UNSUSTAINABLE !

They have CHEAPENED the brand name.

Which is all they EVER HAD.

Everything else is ours.

·
Premium Member
60,561 Posts
Soon ,Uber black will be doing Pool rides to the welfare office for $1.50 a trip.

All so that the Uber Office may warp more statistics and show twisted alleged "Gains" on Algorithms via manipulation.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Are you sure? Uber started giving timeouts for X declining cesspool, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave you a time out.
Uber's new rules are fair and well documented, let's not argue semantics here. That is not a penalty like deactivation - which was the old standard. If you're new here, feel free to see old threads on the new decline-ping rules.

·
Premium Member
60,561 Posts
Uber's new rules are fair and well documented, let's not argue semantics here. That is not a penalty like deactivation - which was the old standard. If you're new here, feel free to see old threads on the new decline-ping rules.
No ,he will get " Time Outs" where the Uber App. Will cease to function thus wasting even more of his time.

Then he will either have to go home,or sit around till whichever variable length of " Time Out" Uber elected to administer wears off.

·
Registered
326 Posts
No ,he will get " Time Outs" where the Uber App. Will cease to function thus wasting even more of his time.

Then he will either have to go home,or sit around till whichever variable length of " Time Out" Uber elected to administer wears off.
Actually only if someone ignores numerous pings will that happen. Denying any one ping will not get you any recourse. Which is what I said... declining rides will not penalize you. If you abuse the rules, you will be temporarily disabled. But Uber will not punish you with permanent deactivation, as they did in the past.

There are three phases:

Ignoring/Denying One Ping - No action
Ignoring/Denying Multiple Pings - Automatically Logged Off
Repeatedly Ignoring/Denying Multiple Pings - Possible temporary deactivation for up to 24 hours

This is not "wasting time" - if drivers stay online, not taking rides, then surges don't happen, which actually hurts other drivers way more than Uber. The new policy is actually to the benefit of drivers as a whole, and actually hurts Uber by making surges more frequent.

·
Premium Member
60,561 Posts
Uber gets 25% of surge.

Denying Pool gets you Time Outs.

" the Rules" are arbitrarily changed and manufactured by Uber Dictatorship,with no input from " PARTNER" DRIVERS.

YOU enjoy manipulation from some agency you pay 25% to just for leads,for you to do the work ?

Uber wishes to dominate like an employer,while accepting none of the responsibilities.

Uber must be held accountable.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Uber gets 25% of surge, but their interest is to have no surge. It is in their interest to have drivers stay online because surges stay off, and thus more people are encouraged to use Uber.

Keep in mind, Uber is not concerned about short-term profits. If they were, the base rates would be way higher. This is about uniquity and setting the stage for autonomous cars. They don't care. And if you do, you're the only one I'm afraid. You can be bitter, or you can move on. I did the latter. You're free to do the former.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Uber is no where near being fair to drivers , u must be a invested with uber , cause u don't know how it feels being ripped off driving ur own car , lol

·
Registered
326 Posts
Uber is no where near being fair to drivers , u must be a invested with uber , cause u don't know how it feels being ripped off driving ur own car , lol
I don't drive when surge is below 3X. I know not to get ripped off. Plain, simple.

Next time don't look foolish making ridiculous accusations. Read all my posts, come back, and apologize please.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts