Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dear Uber,
By not allowing me to choose NOT to accept pool you have put me and my passengers in danger.

I stay mostly around my home area not a lot of crime, when I arrive to pick someone up if I get a bad feeling about them I have the option to cancel or refuse the trip, especially if it takes me to an area that I know is dangerous, Hoover, Grape St. Etc. I have never had to do that yet.

The other day I accepted a pool, it came in a stacked ping, I thought ok I'm at the beach maybe it will be a short trip, No such luck destination down town L.A.

So I pick up two young wealthy women one had a diamond that made my car lean to one side.
So off we go no second ping then I hit the 110 harbor fwy, ping ping,

Whats that? One pax asks,
Well you chose pool its another ride request,
What? Oh can you just ingnore it please?

No ma'am sorry uber does not allow us to do that we can get deactivated or a time out.

Really thats stupid she replied.

So off the freeway I go into a neighbor hood these women had only flown over landingat LAX I see them look at each other I can see the fear on their face. Now here I am driving down one of the worst gang infested streets in L.A. with two affluent women trembling in my back seat.

Im driving slow looking for the address, gangster types are out in front and giving me hard looks I see the address and pull up, one reaches behind his back and keeps his hand there luckily its still light enough he can see Im not a rival gang member but A I do look like a cop people tell me.

I have my trade dress but they dont see that. They just keep sizing me and the women up, I start to text when a woman comes out from the duplex and and the guys exchange words with her then and only then did the guy remove his hand from behind his back, and resume what they had be doing.

The second pax was nice enough gang tats and all and I did the drop offs.

UBER you put me and those women in a situation I would never have been in because you force us to accept POOL through punishment and fear of deactivation.
And my rating dropped so much they must have one starred me

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Solution: Check the ping to see if it says Pool and refuse it if it does. If Uber is hiding whether it's a pool, click the upper left icon to see what type of request it is. If it's pool, CANCEL and refuse...even if you are already in their driveway. Screw that nasty stuff. Making it a horrible experience for riders will help Uber mend their harassing ways.

·
Premium Member
6,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Solution: Check the ping to see if it says Pool and refuse it if it does. If Uber is hiding whether it's a pool, click the upper left icon to see what type of request it is. If it's pool, CANCEL and refuse...even if you are already in their driveway. Screw that nasty stuff. Making it a horrible experience for riders will help Uber mend their harassing ways.
100% agree, to ignore.
I rolled the dice on this one hoping it would be a short one and be logged in the system as an accepted pool.

Live and learn, Just wait, some Uber driver and Pax are bound to get shot at or worse as they drive slowly down a street looking for an address, single driver maybe not so threatening, car with 3 people cruising slowly looking around looks like driveby about to happen.

Also what happens when one of the pax gets out and takes something from another pax and its not noticed until they go to get out or worse after youve driven away. You think the pax will believe it wasnt the driver that took it.

Yes avoid poolping

·
Banned
2,280 Posts
This is FUBER, you are going to take as many pools we throw at you. You will LOVE IT!!!! We make more money because of accounting TRICKS YOU MORONS cannot understand. This is FUBER you have no vote. This is FUBER "Glad to help."

·
25,800 Posts
We have this guy on the Washington Boards who will accept Uber Stool because it will jack up his trip count so that he can make a quota for a bonus or incentive. He tells his female Uber Stool passengers that they might get lucky this time, but usually, especially at night, they will get matched up with some creepy, drunk guy who hits on them the whole way to the destination. He tells the ladies that usually, she will be dropped off first, so now the creepy drunk guy knows where she lives. He adds that if she is lucky, the guy will stay in the car when they get to her home, but, there is a pretty good chance that he will get out and try to go in with her.

He says that he has had more than one female Uber Stool passenger cancel on the spot and order another level of Uber. Out of those that did decide to ride, several got into the front seat just in case he did pick up a creepy drunk guy, so that the creepy, drunk guy can sit in the back by himself. He says that most of them resolve never to order Uber Stool again.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Dear Uber,
By not allowing me to choose NOT to accept pool you have put me and my passengers in danger.

I stay mostly around my home area not a lot of crime, when I arrive to pick someone up if I get a bad feeling about them I have the option to cancel or refuse the trip, especially if it takes me to an area that I know is dangerous, Hoover, Grape St. Etc. I have never had to do that yet.

The other day I accepted a pool, it came in a stacked ping, I thought ok I'm at the beach maybe it will be a short trip, No such luck destination down town L.A.

So I pick up two young wealthy women one had a diamond that made my car lean to one side.

No ma'am sorry uber does not allow us to do that we can get deactivated or a time out.

So off the freeway I go into a neighbor hood these women had only flown over landingat LAX I see them look at each other I can see the fear on their face. Now here I am driving down one of the worst gang infested streets in L.A. with two affluent women trembling in my back seat.

Im driving slow looking for the address, gangster types are out in front and giving me hard looks I see the address and pull up, one reaches behind his back and keeps his hand there luckily its still light enough he can see Im not a rival gang member but A I do look like a cop people tell me.

I have my trade dress but they dont see that. They just keep sizing me and the women up, I start to text when a woman comes out from the duplex and and the guys exchange words with her then and only then did the guy remove his hand from behind his back, and resume what they had be doing.

UBER you put me and those women in a situation I would never have been in because you force us to accept POOL through punishment and fear of deactivation.
Cool story to tell their grandkids, though.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Dear Uber,

Hopefully, the two ladies learned their lesson and never request pool again ....

·
Registered
138 Posts
So was the diamond fake? Because she selected pool to save a couple bucks. Unless she unknowingly selected the uberpool option that is 100% her fault. Nothing to feel sorry about.

·
Premium Member
6,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So was the diamond fake? Because she selected pool to save a couple bucks. Unless she unknowingly selected the uberpool option that is 100% her fault. Nothing to feel sorry about.
I didn't have my loop with me so not sure but the house I picked them up from was likely 2.5 million or more and the g-wagon in the driveway makes me think likely the diamond was real.

Pax dont always know how pool works, some think you select it when its more then one.

Also if your in an area that doesnt have pool like around Hawiian Gardens in California the pax app stays on UberX if you open it in an area with pool then the selector defaults to pool, more uber crud

·
Registered
291 Posts
The name of your first pax is given to your next rider, I found this out last night when a lady said she was being picked up by my name riding with other pax name. This is extremely dangerous and a very bad idea.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts