Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So you guy's know how when doing deliveries for McDonalds, they always put those dumb f-ing stickers on their bags, right?
Because god forbid your one of those low lives who eat other peoples foods. Needless to say, how the F, am I supposed to check the order is correct without opening the bag? by which point if I open the bag, and deliver it that way (opened) the customer is going to think I was eating their food.

So today, I send an old hag a mcdonalds order, 3.00$ no tip, B~ complained that her chocolate milkshake wasn't there. I assumed mcdonalds put her shake inside the bag (Because they put drinks inside their bags, don't know why they do this shit) she complained to me about it, and proceeded to give me a 1 start negative rating, which dropped me from a 95% to a 91%

Do you think this shit is fair? like am I to blame for the wrong item or McDonalds employee? I honestly think these stickers are stupid.

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
So you guy's know how when doing deliveries for McDonalds, they always put those dumb f-ing stickers on their bags, right?
Because god forbid your one of those low lives who eat other peoples foods. Needless to say, how the F, am I supposed to check the order is correct without opening the bag? by which point if I open the bag, and deliver it that way (opened) the customer is going to think I was eating their food.

So today, I send an old hag a mcdonalds order, 3.00$ no tip, B~ complained that her chocolate milkshake wasn't there. I assumed mcdonalds put her shake inside the bag (Because they put drinks inside their bags, don't know why they do this shit) she complained to me about it, and proceeded to give me a 1 start negative rating, which dropped me from a 95% to a 91%

Do you think this shit is fair? like am I to blame for the wrong item or McDonalds employee? I honestly think these stickers are stupid.
It's not fair at all. Some of the franchise locations even have in the pickup instructions DO NOT BREAK THE SEAL ON THE BAG. I've never once been tempted to eat someone's food on a delivery, that's gross. The problem is there are stupid people who do , I've even watched some UE YouTubers say in their videos "I am so tempted to eat this". They've started putting drinks in the bag in my market also which is dumb (a milk shake next to hot fries/food???) I've only had one person on a DD order start inspecting her order while I was at the door , like I was really going to get all involved with that if something was missing more than half the time it doesn't show all the items they ordered or I have no clue what half these dishes are (Chinese, Mexican, Sushi etc ) so if I actually opened every bag and looked at it I'd have no clue what it was.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not fair at all. Some of the franchise locations even have in the pickup instructions DO NOT BREAK THE SEAL ON THE BAG. I've never once been tempted to eat someone's food on a delivery, that's gross. The problem is there are stupid people who do , I've even watched some UE YouTubers say in their videos "I am so tempted to eat this". They've started putting drinks in the bag in my market also which is dumb (a milk shake next to hot fries/food???) I've only had one person on a DD order start inspecting her order while I was at the door , like I was really going to get all involved with that if something was missing more than half the time it doesn't show all the items they ordered or I have no clue what half these dishes are (Chinese, Mexican, Sushi etc ) so if I actually opened every bag and looked at it I'd have no clue what it was.
EXACTLY! dude you're so spot on. This is an issue, and it hasn't been resolved (I know it's not going to). This company could give no fcks about anything. They aren't the one's who suffer, us drivers do. It's total bullshit.

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
EXACTLY! dude you're so spot on. This is an issue, and it hasn't been resolved (I know it's not going to). This company could give no fcks about anything. They aren't the one's who suffer, us drivers do. It's total bullshit.
Even if you notice something is missing or the restaurant is out of something and you call support they will tell you to continue with the delivery. So you can't win either way.

·
Premium Member
896 Posts

Rookie mistake. Stay far away from McDonald's orders

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Even if you notice something is missing or the restaurant is out of something and you call support they will tell you to continue with the delivery. So you can't win either way.
I know. I love the ones, who say, "Can you contact the customer"
I'm like, "Oh so you want me to start an order I don't have, so the time starts ticking?"

Rookie mistake. Stay far away from McDonald's orders
If I do, UberEats in my area just gives me less orders in X amount of time span.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts

1. McD's puts drinks inside because many drivers refused requests from places that serve fountain drinks for the longest time.

If a drinks spills who pays for cleanup?
Restaurant nor Pax pays & Uber will actually deactivate you if you ask for cleanup fee if they've paid you recently for "fraud".

2. McD's customers aren't the best tippers (who are these disgusting ppl who contaminate their bodies with McDs anyhow-eww).

When I did food delivery I did Grubhub & only REAL restaurants like Famous Dave's, Applebee's, Outback etc. This pax usually tips pretty well. My last GH order was $9.00 but tip was $66.00 about 2 mos ago.

Not doing gig work ever again.

·
Premium Member
6,585 Posts
If you think McDs is bad try taking a Wendy’s order on DD. They destroy 90% of their orders! Either they get it wrong or they are out of their own menu items. Wendy’s makes McDs look Golden! LOL

·
Premium Member
3,606 Posts
i had this bullshit happen to me as well. sealed bag 3 stickers and the bags inside are sealed as well.
they called me and (B) . i called dd support and they took care of the unfare rating for me . this is out of my control .
also i never check food anywhere. if its wrong or missing to bad ! what i am expose to do open every container and take a bight of a burger make sure its well done ! no pickle or onion . these containers are sealed tied up . cut that bag open on the hood of my car ? get real

·
Premium Member
3,685 Posts
1. McD's puts drinks inside because many drivers refused requests from places that serve fountain drinks for the longest time. If a drinks spills who pays for cleanup?
Restaurant nor Pax pays & Uber will actually deactivate you if you ask for cleanup fee if they've paid you recently for "fraud". 2. McD's customers aren't the best tippers (who are these disgusting ppl who contaminate their bodies with McDs anyhow-eww). When I did food delivery I did Grubhub & only REAL restaurants like Famous Dave's, Applebee's, Outback etc. This pax usually tips pretty well. My last GH order was $9.00 but tip was $66.00 about 2 mos ago. Not doing gig work ever again.
So much pettiness so little time. Put your trust in Uber and let it be your light to guide you through the night. You know what I always loved about Uber is that if there's something that's got you down or if you've got stuff on your mind you can always just hop in the Uber and feel all your worries and troubles disappear. Am I right about that @DexNex?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1. McD's puts drinks inside because many drivers refused requests from places that serve fountain drinks for the longest time.

If a drinks spills who pays for cleanup?
Restaurant nor Pax pays & Uber will actually deactivate you if you ask for cleanup fee if they've paid you recently for "fraud".

2. McD's customers aren't the best tippers (who are these disgusting ppl who contaminate their bodies with McDs anyhow-eww).

When I did food delivery I did Grubhub & only REAL restaurants like Famous Dave's, Applebee's, Outback etc. This pax usually tips pretty well. My last GH order was $9.00 but tip was $66.00 about 2 mos ago.

Not doing gig work ever again.
I would do grubhub (and I have before) but my region they assigned to me, is like 1hour + away, not worth it for me. I know grubhub orders pay very well. However I see your point and I agree. Just today, I had my highest tip ever, 12 bucks lol

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
How can you verify what the apps ask you to confirm with sealed bag? Then the pax low rates driver because the restaurant THEY CHOSE screwed up. Drivers can't win.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i had this bullshit happen to me as well. sealed bag 3 stickers and the bags inside are sealed as well.
they called me and (B) . i called dd support and they took care of the unfare rating for me . this is out of my control .
also i never check food anywhere. if its wrong or missing to bad ! what i am expose to do open every container and take a bight of a burger make sure its well done ! no pickle or onion . these containers are sealed tied up . cut that bag open on the hood of my car ? get real
very well said.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
If you think McDs is bad try taking a Wendy's order on DD. They destroy 90% of their orders! Either they get it wrong or they are out of their own menu items. Wendy's makes McDs look Golden! LOL
I hear DDash expects drivers to use drive-thru day or night & the DDash red card is sometimes declined & you're on hold w/support. Lame. I have ZERO sympathy for a driver going to Wendy's.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts