Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I begin in North Dade most days, my first two trips at the weekend were to Fort Lauderdale downtown and the second to FLL, its pretty deflating to be in 'dead air' and have to drive 10 miles back to where you get a ping only to head back to the dead zone. I asked Uber if a subsidy was in order!!!!!!
I'm calling from now on, the risk and the ride back are not worth it in my opinion, what is general consensus? Someone posted that he told pax he already has a fine from FLL and to please call someone else. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
I begin in North Dade most days, my first two trips at the weekend were to Fort Lauderdale downtown and the second to FLL, its pretty deflating to be in 'dead air' and have to drive 10 miles back to where you get a ping only to head back to the dead zone. I asked Uber if a subsidy was in order!!!!!!
I'm calling from now on, the risk and the ride back are not worth it in my opinion, what is general consensus? Someone posted that he told pax he already has a fine from FLL and to please call someone else. Any thoughts?
Since Uber is illegal in Miami-Dade County as well as Broward you risk citation for dropping pax in downtown Ft. Lauderdale and FLL.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of FHV...where you work where you work and don't work where you don't work.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One day last week: Uber N Dade to SB / Uber SB min fare to SB / Lyft min. fare SB to SB...then Lyft Collins Ave ping, I called them to verify GPS was right, destination FLL, pax totally understood that as I had already incurred a fine in Broward I would not take him, I told pax I would turn off my Lyft app. and I'm sure another 'unfined' driver would take him.
Another local SB to SB fare and I was regretting my decision. Then Uber Collins to Key Biscayne, I waited for 15mins and then as exiting KB a ping to MIA on Uber.
Broward is a no brainer every time, I will not take a ride there. I'm an independent contractor, I choose which 'contracts' to work on and rightfully dismiss the min. wage / dangerous / too far to pax contracts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.