Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was it just me or what?! Last night was so quiet, I went home early and picked up couple of rides after I went outside the loop after 9:00 pm. On top of that, the app was having error and could not record the fare after I completed a trip!

·
Registered
695 Posts
It was slower than normal. Got pulled outside the West belt and surprisingly ran 4 trips while there. Ended up netting a little over a hundred bucks from 9 to 3

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
It was slower than normal. Got pulled outside the West belt and surprisingly ran 4 trips while there. Ended up netting a little over a hundred bucks from 9 to 3
How many cancelled rides?
I figure the fact you drive a Prius that smells like bourbon and weed might be unattractive to some riders.

Or me or maybe it's just because you drive a Prius lol

·
Registered
357 Posts
Was it just me or what?! Last night was so quiet, I went home early and picked up couple of rides after I went outside the loop after 9:00 pm. On top of that, the app was having error and could not record the fare after I completed a trip!
It was very slow and the traffic was a *****. I won't be in this type of mess again. The app update now apparently takes a few minutes to show the last trip. The surge map functionality was updated (for worse I think) as well.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
There was a concert last night?

My 2am surge was pretty a pretty good haul, compared to recent weeks. $39 after Uber fee's.

I miss the 5.0x+ surges.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
If you look at the "similar threads" below, this seems to be a problem in a lot of other cities.

Is it because Uber's ridership is down?
or
Has Uber finally reached the right number of drivers to keep riders happy?

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
If you look at the "similar threads" below, this seems to be a problem in a lot of other cities.

Is it because Uber's ridership is down?
or
Has Uber finally reached the right number of drivers to keep riders happy?
If they have then the only way to get more riders is to lower rates. Some drivers will quit and be replaced by more desperate ones. Until we reach equilibrium again and rates are lowered again. Once there are 3 cars per block, all waiting for rides at 50 cents per mile THEN uber will be happy. Not until.

·
Registered
695 Posts
The wife and I went Downtown today and took 2 Ubers while there. Both drivers said they were running back to back all day. The first one said he started in the Heights the other started at NRG.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
The goal of every business is to maximize the profits of the investors. Uber is the innovator in the field, and frankly much of its business model is no more than SWAG, in my opinion. They change the inputs (fares, commissions, etc.) into their modeling system and it outputs a result. They implement that result into the real world and then update their modeling depending on how much difference between what the system predicted and what happened in the real world.

But, before they go into an IPO cycle, where they will have to file audited documents, in order to attract investors and increase the initial stock offering price, they'll have to show profit numbers, ridership numbers, wait times, rider satisfaction ratings, repeat ridership figures, growth, etc.

Since we're merely IC's, we aren't any more than a factor in their equations, unless they somehow find linkage between driver retention and revenue increasing rider satisfaction, they'll consider the lowest common denominator as an acceptable 'factor' in their equations for drivers.

IMHO

·
Registered
33 Posts
If they have then the only way to get more riders is to lower rates. Some drivers will quit and be replaced by more desperate ones. Until we reach equilibrium again and rates are lowered again. Once there are 3 cars per block, all waiting for rides at 50 cents per mile THEN uber will be happy. Not until.
I tend to suspect there are already 3 cars per block....

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
I tend to suspect there are already 3 cars per block....
Every single place I went tonight there was at least one other uber picking up or dropping off. 1 Hermann Circle there were FOUR of us. (I got the best of that--my pax didn't come out--cancel--then he called and said he was sorry but the app didn't tell him. He'd be out in 30 secs. I told him to order again. It pinged me. I accepted figuring if he did come out in time I'd drive away. But I had a feeling...

Yep, he and 3 other guys walking toward my car at 4:55. Slowly pull off. Got another paid cancel. Didn't answer the phone that time. How stupid are you you get charged once, told that's what happens after 5 minutes and do it AGAIN?

Had 6 cancels tonight. Very stupid pax. Ones I did take were annoying. Got lucky at bar close and got a 3.5 to Spring. Halfway there they ask how this surge thing works. Sigh.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
The wife and I went Downtown today and took 2 Ubers while there. Both drivers said they were running back to back all day. The first one said he started in the Heights the other started at NRG.
POST # 15/Bukrub: Bostonian Bison
here, on Marco Island.
Owing to Chatty Casuale Haberdasher
a v o i d i n g his Domestic Responsibilities
lately, I have him on KP today.

Because of his Peripatetic Wanderings
in the UPNF Universe, he's been "behind
the 8-ball" on delivering Substantive
Accolades to the Deserving Members.

Congratulations, in advance, of Your Up-
coming Elevation to Well-Known Status.
Your moderate pace and thoughtful "con-