Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Anyone else getting deactivted for using loaction spoofing GPS software today?

Trying to hit 12 rides for the blitzs.

I'm not using any third party software. These morons!
Oh... are you running on a jail broken or rooted phone?

They may not know you are using GPS spoofing but they may assume you are if your phone is jail broken or rooted. They weren't doing anything like that before but maybe they started.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh... are you running on a jail broken or rooted phone?

They may not know you are using GPS spoofing but they may assume you are if your phone is jail broken or rooted. They weren't doing anything like that before but maybe they started.
No. Nothing changed.

That's why I'm asking if anyone had this problem today. I'm thinking it's a glitch.

Maybe their new software . PITA. I don't even know if they have an office in jersey. hahaha

Also, why in the world would I be doing spoofing in the afternoon. In middle of nowwhere. With no PT.

If I was at EWR. I can understand.

Misrepresenting location isn't good for the community.

It looks like you've continued to fake your GPS location, so we're reaching out with a final reminder. It's important your phone accurately communicates your location to Lyft. This is your final warning. Continuing to fake your location will result in deactivation.

Remember: This is considered fraud and can overcharge passengers, leaving them with a bad impression of our community. People rely on drivers to provide a dependable service, and we'd love your help being there for them.

Thanks,
The Lyft Team

·
Registered
528 Posts
No. Nothing changed.

That's why I'm asking if anyone had this problem today. I'm thinking it's a glitch.

Maybe their new software . PITA. I don't even know if they have an office in jersey. hahaha

Also, why in the world would I be doing spoofing in the afternoon. In middle of nowwhere. With no PT.

It looks like you've continued to fake your GPS location, so we're reaching out with a final reminder. It's important your phone accurately communicates your location to Lyft. This is your final warning. Continuing to fake your location will result in deactivation.

Remember: This is considered fraud and can overcharge passengers, leaving them with a bad impression of our community. People rely on drivers to provide a dependable service, and we'd love your help being there for them.

Thanks,
The Lyft Team
The grammar, choice of words, and sentence structure of the message doesn't come across as being professional to me.
Phrases such as "It looks like", "People" instead of "our valuable riders" make me think that perhaps this didn't originate from a Ride-Share company.

I'd call them and ask if the message is legitimate or a phishing scam.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
The grammar, choice of words, and sentence structure of the message doesn't come across as being professional to me.
Phrases such as "It looks like", "People" instead of "our valuable riders" make me think that perhaps this didn't originate from a Ride-Share company.

I'd call them and ask if the message is legitimate or a phishing scam.
It may not look professional but it matches Lyfts typical hipster wording.

No. Nothing changed.

Thanks,
The Lyft Team
Do you use Android?

Do you have developer mode enabled? They may be looking at that.

They may also be looking for known GPS spoofing apps installed. I think that can be detected. They can't tell if they are being used. So they might be flagging you for dev mode or for having apps installed.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It may not look professional but it matches Lyfts typical hipster wording.

Do you use Android?

Do you have developer mode enabled? They may be looking at that.

They may also be looking for known GPS spoofing apps installed. I think that can be detected. They can't tell if they are being used. So they might be flagging you for dev mode or for having apps installed.
iPhone 6 plus. Like I said I did not change anything. No dev mode or added any new software.

·
Premium Member
9,644 Posts
I use android and got a single message last night about "improve location accuracy" which I assume is a first warning. I don't do any spoofing, not in dev mode, not rooted. Checked several times and my location was accurate on the Pax app. I have wireless turned off when I'm out and about to prevent the phone from trying to connect to all sorts of crap and losing signal and i keep blue tooth off. I think they have new software which is generating false positives. That inspires a lot of confidence in them!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts