Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked four people up, guy in back seat was messing with head rest, asked him to stop. Guy in front seat making smart commits. We get in argument, I pull over at next exit tell everyone to get out they refuse told me I have to take them home. Said what you gonna do, I said call police he said go ahead. I call guy is talking over me so dispatcher can't understand me. I get out car grab mace open back door tell them to get the f out my car. Guy in back seat Comes around pushes me I spray him. His other buddy comes towards me I spray him. I jump back in car lock door first guy try open door then kicks it and spits at me. I drive away 911 still on phone. Gets officers to meet up with me. They get statement take pic of car etc. I email LYFT tell them what happened..... Today I get deactivated o_O

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lyft deactivates by default in situations like this. They will investigate and make a decision. If you activated again, buy a dash cam.
They told me its final after a 2hr investigation. I requested a call, but nothing. I had a 4.9 rating over 2,000 rides, and I don't even get the respect of a call. I guess passengers can assault drivers and still be active. 4 people against 1 is not a fair fight

·
Registered
13 Posts
call newspapers around your area and get it out there. Take pictures of your car where it was kicked. What happened when the cops came? Did they do anything? File any report? Write anything down? Go into whatever station they were from and find out. Than, with that info, call newspapers. A story about "ride share driver attacked by riders, than fired, despite a 4.9 rating" would be bad press. Hell it might even stem the tide of people signing up to drive.

Don't just take their shit. Spread it around everywhere what happened to you. It sounds like you do it ft based on the number of trips too. Other drivers, or potential new drivers, might hear about what happened to you and think twice about working with lyft (especially since most people use uber anyway).

I would go tomorrow morning to the police station and find out any info ya can about any reports filed. At least get proof you actually called after the incident. Afterwards get a picture of your door with any visible damage. Than, email every reporter you can find (usually news sites have this info available, look at the tops of articles, or find a directory). Call news stations as well. And tell them the whole thing. Include pics of your door and copies of any info from the police in your emails. Start locally in San Diego, than email or call as many stations in California. You're not a piece of equipment, don't let those ****s at lyft get away with that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Make sure to email lyft and tell them you are reaching out to every media outlet in San Diego. And every one in the California area as well.
Maybe include a copy of the most recent ubers earnings report in the San Diego area vs Lyfts, and remind them bad press would hurt their bottom line. If drivers see on the news how lyft treats them, less drivers will want to work for them. Perhaps current drivers will switch to uber as well. At the end, indicate that you only want your job back, and you wouldn't contact any media. It may work.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Make sure to email lyft and tell them you are reaching out to every media outlet in San Diego. And every one in the California area as well.
Maybe include a copy of the most recent ubers earnings report in the San Diego area vs Lyfts, and remind them bad press would hurt their bottom line. If drivers see on the news how lyft treats them, less drivers will want to work for them. Perhaps current drivers will switch to uber as well. At the end, indicate that you only want your job back, and you wouldn't contact any media. It may work.
I took pix and so did the officer. The passenger lied said I sprayed in the car. Lies spray would have still been in my car when I met up with the police. Even the officer said if I sprayed in the car he would of smelled it. A investigator is contacting me, and I have a case number. I'm not taking this lying down. I've been a driver over a year, and yes this was my full time. It pisses me off how I don't have a say. I requested a phone call, and who in LYFT was handling this investigation!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
How many of the 4 did you spray? What happened when you sprayed each one? I would have stayed and to make sure they were caught if I had spray left over and at least two were sprayed. I would want to make sure the police arrived to question them after kicking my car. 4 vs 1 gives you the right to step up your attack for fear of death.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Picked four people up, guy in back seat was messing with head rest, asked him to stop. Guy in front seat making smart commits. We get in argument, I pull over at next exit tell everyone to get out they refuse told me I have to take them home. Said what you gonna do, I said call police he said go ahead. I call guy is talking over me so dispatcher can't understand me. I get out car grab mace open back door tell them to get the f out my car. Guy in back seat Comes around pushes me I spray him. His other buddy comes towards me I spray him. I jump back in car lock door first guy try open door then kicks it and spits at me. I drive away 911 still on phone. Gets officers to meet up with me. They get statement take pic of car etc. I email LYFT tell them what happened..... Today I get deactivated o_O
wow...

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
WOW..... this is UNREAL...

These clowns should (at minimum) be thrown in jail for assault.

Please keep us updated.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How many of the 4 did you spray? What happened when you sprayed each one? I would have stayed and to make sure they were caught if I had spray left over and at least two were sprayed. I would want to make sure the police arrived to question them after kicking my car. 4 vs 1 gives you the right to step up your attack for fear of death.
Two got sprayed the guys. They called the police too. I left before the cops came because I was truly in fear. Thank God 911 dispatcher was still on phone. I'm sure she at least got the yelling inside of the car on tape

1 - 20 of 62 Posts