Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 4.99 rating. I have received tips from almost every ride as I keep a very clean car, Febreze air fresheners keeps the car clean smelling at all times, I have a portable vacuum which keeps the carpet super clean. I never talk sex, politics or religion which keeps my conversation professional. I receive compliments on my actions, my car and my above and beyond service on almost every ride. I have a Dashcam that records everything but all that doesn't matter when you have been lied on. After almost 4 years of very professional service I was deactivated. They said there was some safety issue but would not explain what that is. O offer my dash cam footage of any of my rides by date and time. They didn't want to hear it. This occurred once before 2 years ago and they said if it were to happen again they would do this. I don't believe their investigation was complete or fair. They will ALWAYS take the customer's side NO MATTER WHAT!! Even if you offer proof of your innocents. I also found that my account was breached from an IP address is Russia. Change your passwords frequently too. Pay close attention you your Uber messages.

Be very careful out there. Some PAX are very, very evil and will lie just because they can.

·
Premium Member
9,253 Posts
offer my dash cam footage of any of my rides by date and time. They didn't want to hear it.
Except Uber/Lyft probably did hear it…the pax that got you deactivated probably recorded you surreptitiously without your knowledge while you were saying or doing something stupid, and they shared the recording with the support staff at Uber/Lyft who made the final decision to boot you off the platform.
No driver is perfect…tell us were you think you fouled up.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Except Uber/Lyft probably did hear it…the pax that got you deactivated probably recorded you surreptitiously without your knowledge while you were saying or doing something stupid, and they shared the recording with the support staff at Uber/Lyft who made the final decision to boot you off the platform.
No driver is perfect…tell us were you think you fouled up.
The thing is I am completely aware of customers recording me. As I also record them. With that in mind my conversations are structured so that it is not ever offending or controversial. I offer the same proof they would offer

·
Premium Member
4,059 Posts
In the future this will the be the best thing that happened to you .
Now you can get a real job that pays social security. Now you will earn work credits towards social security retirement .
Now you can get a better paying job . ( enjoy your time off work on your days off .) . Driving passsengers you work on your days off .

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got my first one star last night. I'm a little paranoid about it now. Could you recommend a good, inexpensive cam? I get some weird rides way out in the sticks sometimes and that makes me a little nervous, too.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now you can get a real job that pays social security. Now you will earn work credits towards social security retirement .
Now you can get a better paying job . ( enjoy your time off work on your days off .) . Driving passsengers you work on your days off .
I have a full time job. Pays over 65K per year. The was part time and provided a supplemental income to pay for home improvements and other issues without utilizing my credit. Why would ou think this was my only source of income? Who does that?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got my first one star last night. I'm a little paranoid about it now. Could you recommend a good, inexpensive cam? I get some weird rides way out in the sticks sometimes and that makes me a little nervous, too.
VANTRUE N4. This is the best I have seen yet. Very good quality. Records inside and out. Be sure to the the GPS attachment also.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'll shop around for it. If I can afford it I'll get one. Maybe I'll even see if I can get it on eBay for something like this. I don't want to spend a lot of money on it. It might be nice to have though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lots of people do......like me. I’m financially secure though, so, if I got punted, I’d just get another gig to occupy myself.
That is great, I understand and congratulate however, This is not my only source of income. It's to fragile to be a only source. I'd rather drive for Uber as it pays much better and has a better quality of riders than Lyft. I'm exclusively drive Lyft now

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
Lots of people do......like me. I’m financially secure though, so, if I got punted, I’d just get another gig to occupy myself.
Me to . i am full times with 4 days off..haha other sources of income..i also do wav...if u are doing 65k a year..do lyft..or something else..how much are you losing by them per week??? $500-$600???

·
Premium Member
7,216 Posts
Unfortunately, I think the reality of "real jobs" outside the gig economy is that they are probably going to amount to slaving away at some emotionally crushing corporate office making a meager salary, and by the time we reach social security earning days how long will you have to enjoy them anyways?

At a "real job" I don't feel like there is much flexibility. You will be called in for mandatory overtime on your days off, having to get your vacations approved, etc.

Well, you can always drive for Lyft :p

I've had good luck with the Coxpal dash cam. It is less expensive than the VanTrue

·
Premium Member
3,635 Posts
There are a lot of deactivation threads in this forum. One of the reasons drivers get deactivated seems to be that a passenger wants to get their fair refunded. They make a false accusation and boom.... they get their money back, and as a consequence the driver is fired.

Uber seems to be automating more and more of its operations. By simply stating it was a safety issue it saves them having to pay a human being to actually look at the facts of the case. Probably even Uber would admit this is less than ideal, but they seem very willing to sacrifice good drivers to save on the bottom line as the company struggles to turn a profit.

If you really really wish to keep driving for Uber, I see only two choices short of filing suit. Number 1, keep hounding them continually until they give you a better response. Some here have reported that works. Or if you have an active Uber Greenlight Hub within driving range, visit the hub. That has reportedly got people re-activated as well.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
12,982 Posts
I'll shop around for it. If I can afford it I'll get one. Maybe I'll even see if I can get it on eBay for something like this. I don't want to spend a lot of money on it. It might be nice to have though.
There is a vendor section on this board and they offer nice discounts.

Reactions: MHR
1 - 20 of 41 Posts