Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a 2005 vehicle

Today (guessing July 6th is the deadline for whatever odd reason) I was deactivated from my local driving area(Greater Maryland).

I contacted support, and they told me that I could only operate in a city (only operate in Washington DC, about an hours drive, but doable for me) and that my local area requires 2006, but support claims that DC is OK because my first trip came before Wash DC made their rule.

I was under the impression that 2005 etc. vehicles who had been driving for a year would be "grandfathered in" so long as you pass inspection.
been driving since September have over 1000 rides, strong rating, been driving a lot recently, got a recent inspection.

Does this sound right to you?
Anyone know the actual rules?
Where can I read the state by state vehicle age rules etc?

Should I keep escalating the support about getting "grandfathered in" or is this just the way it is?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I suggest you start looking for a newer car.
Pennsylvania has the same rules.
10 years or newer in the whole state expect Philadelphia.
2000 or newer in Philadelphia.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Got the same same message Saturday night in O C around 11 pm. Unbelievable. I also drive 05 but have gotten message that my inspection is due middle next month. Long short uber support finally said I was good but need to do inspection every 6 months now. What a pain and making less than last year.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got the same same message Saturday night in O C around 11 pm. Unbelievable. I also drive 05 but have gotten message that my inspection is due middle next month. Long short uber support finally said I was good but need to do inspection every 6 months now. What a pain and making less than last year.
did support email you that answer? ,
or how did you get to that point?

Support says i have to drive to DC (from Kent Island)

I'm making a trip to Fells (baltimore office) tomorrow

extra info = i just passed inspection

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UBER: Due to state regulations, 2004 and 2005 vehicles must have bi-annual inspections. The inspection for your Toyota Sienna has expired. Get a $50 reward for submitting your new inspection by July 17, 2016 http://t.uber.com/vinsp Just tap the link for help.
Going to the office Monday.

had a ROUGH GO of it thus far

FRIDAY: = APP worked ?!
Online , No error message
didn't get any pings initially so i started the 1hr 15min trip to the Baltimore Office, leaving the app 'ON'.
I get a ping! OK we're back in business maybe the help support staff actually helped... I do a $7 trip, and start to head back south towards Annapolis.
I use the restroom and grab a coffee, go back online and NOPE app is showing the error message again!
Office closes @ 5pm, never make it.
I drive back towards Baltimore to where it worked before (northern Glen Burnie) nope.
Drive home pissed.

SATURDAY TODAY = OK , I will drive to Washington DC like they want.
I get a ping! right when I hit DC (new york ave or whatever)
I do the trip. $3.43 Fare.
I don't get any more pings?!?! WTF
Online 3 hours 1 ping 1 fare $3.43...
I tried log on log off, i restarted my phone
I circled in NW where there's a billion ubers and a billion people (and normally I get a ping in 2-3 minutes)
I said "maybe there's an unusual amount of ubers and drove to a worse neighborhood.
I drove downtown with the app on.
NOTHING... 5.5 hours in the car 3 of which I was 'online' in DC 1 trip right away then nothing...

the 'support' staff totally cannot comprehend the 'bi-annual' inspection thing, and continues repeating the same original message without addressing the 'bi-annual inpsection classification for 2004-2005 vehicles.

Maybe your Sienna is special because of it's dual xl capabilities?
Maybe Ocean City residents have a special separate designation from 'Greater Maryland'?

Either way I have to go to the office Monday to address this and at the very least get my App working in DC properly.

May have to get a newer vehicle.
I made $280 on 7/3 and then I made $280 again on 7/4.

my last two days are $7 and $3.43 :cool:

·
Registered
401 Posts
go
Going to the office Monday.

had a ROUGH GO of it thus far

FRIDAY: = APP worked ?!
Online , No error message
didn't get any pings initially so i started the 1hr 15min trip to the Baltimore Office, leaving the app 'ON'.
I get a ping! OK we're back in business maybe the help support staff actually helped... I do a $7 trip, and start to head back south towards Annapolis.
I use the restroom and grab a coffee, go back online and NOPE app is showing the error message again!
Office closes @ 5pm, never make it.
I drive back towards Baltimore to where it worked before (northern Glen Burnie) nope.
Drive home pissed.

SATURDAY TODAY = OK , I will drive to Washington DC like they want.
I get a ping! right when I hit DC (new york ave or whatever)
I do the trip. $3.43 Fare.
I don't get any more pings?!?! WTF
Online 3 hours 1 ping 1 fare $3.43...
I tried log on log off, i restarted my phone
I circled in NW where there's a billion ubers and a billion people (and normally I get a ping in 2-3 minutes)
I said "maybe there's an unusual amount of ubers and drove to a worse neighborhood.
I drove downtown with the app on.
NOTHING... 5.5 hours in the car 3 of which I was 'online' in DC 1 trip right away then nothing...

the 'support' staff totally cannot comprehend the 'bi-annual' inspection thing, and continues repeating the same original message without addressing the 'bi-annual inpsection classification for 2004-2005 vehicles.

Maybe your Sienna is special because of it's dual xl capabilities?
Maybe Ocean City residents have a special separate designation from 'Greater Maryland'?

Either way I have to go to the office Monday to address this and at the very least get my App working in DC properly.

May have to get a newer vehicle.
I made $280 on 7/3 and then I made $280 again on 7/4.

my last two days are $7 and $3.43 :cool:
gotta be some serious surges going on. we hardly see surges greater than 2 here. lol

in other cities, surges go as high as 4-6X which is crazy

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
UPDATE!

Went to the Baltimore Office 7-11-16 , was cleared to work. Worked TUES-FRIafternoon did 36 trips :) yay!

and then

wait for it...
wait for it...

wait for it... (thank you for your patience, no, really)

and FRIDAY NIGHT get the same error message!!!!!.:mad: growl mean uber driver growl

worst possible time to get cut off. (weekend=$ and office=closed)

'support' hasn't responded, been 18hrs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts