Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was background checked yearly as normal two weeks ago. It temporarily “pauses” my account while it has to manually review my background. I had one ticket since I started in October of 2020. I got it December that year (39 in a 30). It was on last years background check, both in September’s. This time around I am deactivated for that one ticket from nearly two years ago. Why wasn’t I deactivated last time? And one ticket in the last 5 years seems pretty petty…am I done or any chance of getting re-activated???

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
I was background checked yearly as normal two weeks ago. It temporarily “pauses” my account while it has to manually review my background. I had one ticket since I started in October of 2020. I got it December that year (39 in a 30). It was on last years background check, both in September’s. This time around I am deactivated for that one ticket from nearly two years ago. Why wasn’t I deactivated last time? And one ticket in the last 5 years seems pretty petty…am I done or any chance of getting re-activated???
It's Uber doing it's thing. They're looking for something to use against you to fire you. Have you been cancelling too much or ignoring too many pings?

·
Premium Member
12,427 Posts
Lullz

First you are not telling the whole story, and

Second. This is the 7,326 I have read this same type thread.

Aloha

Time to find a new way forward.

·
Premium Member
8,928 Posts
This time around I am deactivated for that one ticket from nearly two years ago. Why wasn’t I deactivated last time?
Because the last time there wasn’t enough ants to fill the void.
But now, your market is currently saturated with drivers. Your community service is no longer needed.

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
Lyft deactivated me for a turn signal ticket. I had to talk to someone in the Lyft hub to get reactivated because Lyft email support ghosted me. Basically, unless Chekr would change its mind the Lyft email support said I was done. Chekr said they just report the facts and don't make hiring decisions but because they flagged my record Lyft wasn't going to investigate further. As far as they were concerned I was a criminal and no longer a driver.

I showed the Lyft hub guy the Chekr report that said I did not pass which clearly showed the turn signal violation was the only cause, and he got me reactivated the same day.

It took a month to get reactivated on Uber too but I was able to do it through their phone support.

·
Premium Member
3,487 Posts
Man this company is brutal. He got deactivated for doing 39 in a 30. I think it's almost laughable because he only had 1 ticket in 5 years.

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Lyft deactivated me for a turn signal ticket. I had to talk to someone in the Lyft hub to get reactivated because Lyft email support ghosted me. Basically, unless Chekr would change its mind the Lyft email support said I was done. Chekr said they just report the facts and don't make hiring decisions but because they flagged my record Lyft wasn't going to investigate further. As far as they were concerned I was a criminal and no longer a driver.

I showed the Lyft hub guy the Chekr report that said I did not pass which clearly showed the turn signal violation was the only cause, and he got me reactivated the same day.

It took a month to get reactivated on Uber too but I was able to do it through their phone support.
Lyft is dirty now, deactivation is usually a blessing in disguise

·
12,467 Posts
I would make an appointment going to both offices if you're in an area that has them. If you only have one ticket showing up in the last 3 years typically that's not something they deactivate for. However they reserve the right to deactivate anyone for any reason. I've had a lot worse in my record and was not deactivated although I wouldn't doubt it if Lyft pulls p this shit with me this year. Did Checkr mark your background as green clear or red consider?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would make an appointment going to both offices if you're in an area that has them. If you only have one ticket showing up in the last 3 years typically that's not something they deactivate for. However they reserve the right to deactivate anyone for any reason. I've had a lot worse in my record and was not deactivated although I wouldn't doubt it if Lyft pulls p this shit with me this year. Did Checkr mark your background as green clear or red consider?
Red consider in the driver part

·
Premium Member
9,253 Posts
I happen to have a clean record at the moment (no conviction for speeding in last 3 years) I've had worse on my record and not even had a hiccup. Sounds like you just got caught in the faceless algorithm.

·
Premium Member
3,487 Posts
I happen to have a clean record at the moment (no conviction for speeding in last 3 years) I've had worse on my record and not even had a hiccup. Sounds like you just got caught in the faceless algorithm.
This is definitely not good, and will eventually happen to alot of us drivers.

·
Premium Member
8,999 Posts

Is that a failure to to signal before a lane change?

Yes, the Lyft CSR s are brain dead. They reply to the email or requests that they like and ignore everything else. What kind of F***ed up customer service is this? In any other place, archiving a question without any reason is a reason for termination. But not in the World of Lyft.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts