Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
26,291 Posts
I noticed this to-day, as well. As did Johnny cash , I declined a number of pings until I got a surge ping. It was not a 2,1 to Dulles, it was something like a 1,8 to Brad-Lee, but that was not too bad. I would have preferred something shorter to keep me at least close to a surge/boost zone, but it was allright, I suppose.

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
Possible correction....

It wasn't a surge zone for DRIVERS. For all we know, fuber may have been charging the pax surge prices.

Next time you see something like that, do a little price-checking on the pax app to see if fuber is charging pax surge prices.

·
26,291 Posts
Possible correction....

It wasn't a surge zone for DRIVERS. , fuber may have been charging the pax surge prices. fuber is charging pax surge prices.
(emphasis added)

See? You caught your mistake and corrected it yourself. Fubar HAS stooped to this in the past. I once accepted a trip on base rates. I get there, the customer is toes-to-the-kerb, boards and informs me that he is late, did not like that he had to pay surge, but had to get where he was going. I remarked to him that I was receiving base rates, only, thus I was receiving no benefit from the the "surge" that he was paying. As this guy was at least toes--to-the-kerb when he was late, I guessed that he might "get it". He does ask me to step down. I reply with the beta sigma that at base rates.....blahblahblahblah....... Yup, he was one of those guys who "gets it", He threw three five dollar bills onto the front seat. He got to his address and was due upstairs in one minute, but, as he remarked as I was a block from discharge, it was withing tolerances.

So yes, Fubar has been doing this for some time. I would expect that Gryft is, as well.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
(emphasis added)

See? You caught your mistake and corrected it yourself. Fubar HAS stooped to this in the past. I once accepted a trip on base rates. I get there, the customer is toes-to-the-kerb, boards and informs me that he is late, did not like that he had to pay surge, but had to get where he was going. I remarked to him that I was receiving base rates, only, thus I was receiving no benefit from the the "surge" that he was paying. As this guy was at least toes--to-the-kerb when he was late, I guessed that he might "get it". He does ask me to step down. I reply with the beta sigma that at base rates.....blahblahblahblah....... Yup, he was one of those guys who "gets it", He threw three five dollar bills onto the front seat. He got to his address and was due upstairs in one minute, but, as he remarked as I was a block from discharge, it was withing tolerances.

So yes, Fubar has been doing this for some time. I would expect that Gryft is, as well.
You have an admirable trait, Another Uber Driver, which is a positive take on what life deals. I'm impressed, that as a long time cab driver in our Nation's Capital, someone who made (makes) a living driving a cab, you've adapted to the unregulated scam Uber has introduced into the market.

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
I am suspicious that Fubar shows different surge maps to each driver. I find it suspicious that I as I drive closer to the hot zone, the surge starts vanishing or gets moved further away.
Lol

Do you see what these scummy companies have done to us? They've caused us to suspect EVERYTHING they do.

It's become almost impossible for drivers to see anything they do as being on the level.

I wouldn't rule out "customized" surge maps.

We know surges can be real or fake, but either way, if lots of drivers rush to an area, fuber will end the surge for the drivers (but maybe not for the pax)

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Lol

Do you see what these scummy companies have done to us? They've caused us to suspect EVERYTHING they do.

It's become almost impossible for drivers to see anything they do as being on the level.

I wouldn't rule out "customized" surge maps.

We know surges can be real or fake, but either way, if lots of drivers rush to an area, fuber will end the surge for the drivers (but maybe not for the pax)
An easy test would be to compare what's on several drivers screens. My money on Uber playing shenanigans with surge maps as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts