Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been driving for a little over a month and still trying to figure out a good strategy. What do you consider the best places to be positioned in Cincinnati to maximize my earnings?

·
Registered
375 Posts
I've been driving for a little over a month and still trying to figure out a good strategy. What do you consider the best places to be positioned in Cincinnati to maximize my earnings?
Actually I think uber.com has a map with pins in it at uber.com in the drivers section for Cincinnati and other cities.

According to it, the places to be are mostly within earshot of downtown, with a pin in Blue Ash ash , and , of all things, a pin at Riverbend. (I'm assuming this is only when there is an event). I don't think it is much help.

Uber has changed the incentives in some cities to so called "metal" status, along with a reduction or elimination of surge bonus entirely. Surge has been mostly replaced in some areas (LA, DC, others) by recent "boost" bonuses along with the metal "silver" or "platinum" status game, along with the new "boost" bonuses that seem to be available in a few cities (LA, DC, others). These cities and perhaps others are also getting guarantees of up to $45/hr at certain times, along with Weekly boost bonuses of 50 to 100% of gross fares.

This results in a significant number of drivers in a few areas profiting $22-$30/hr net, working 25-70 hrs/week

Obviously profits this high for drivers are few and far between, and probably not applicable to 95% of Uber drivers and areas. Generally limited to areas where Uber Mgt wants to accomplish something, like drive Lyft out, punish the taxis and gain market share.

I don't know what's going on in Cincinnati right now. My friend quit in April, after the January rate cuts and the flaky surges that predominated in Cincinnati and many other areas. The platinum , silver , big boost bonuses and $35+ hr guarantees probably aren't available here but you would know more than me.

Without incentive bonuses, at the .80c/mi , 15c/min rates Cincinnati is at (about average X nationwide), Uber is about a $7/hr proposition with tips. Perhaps $10-$12 or so on Fri-Sat nites.

Without significant incentives there is no "strategy" in most Uber areas except uninstall the Uber app.

Generally, I'd hang within a 5 mi radius of Downtown, play it by ear. Working for at least 35% extra in surge or boost bonus added to your account, or working easy and frequent guarantees of at least $25/hr is about a $12/hr proposition net after expenses, marginal given the time, wheels, and effort involved. Boost can be more the more hrs worked it seems.

Stay Safe

CC

·
Registered
62 Posts
6000taxi, the original post didn't ask for you to go on your soap box. If this was an uber hate thread your post would be perfect. Btw, I make way more than 10-12/hr on Friday and Saturday nights. I average anywhere from 30-40/hr before expenses. Granted I work from around 9-10pm till 3 am, but that really is on the only time to make good money. To the original poster. Daytime hot spots are going to be hotels, so mostly downtown. Kenwood and Oakley/Hyde park are also good areas. But honestly working during the day is crap shoot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm a current Lyft driver that just got approved to drive with Uber. Not sure if it's the same with Uber, but with Lyft, it can get busy on Monday-Friday mornings with people needing to get to work. I can imagine hovering around the college campuses, specifically UC, can yield some business, tho the rides would mostly be short. Other than that, you gotta take advantage of events around the city like concerts and sporting events. With college basketball and Cyclones hockey coming up, those will be decent times to work.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here are some tips for daytime :

* 6-9am people are going to work. Being in the burbs : Clifton , Westside , Hyde Park , and Northern KY. (occasionally airports)

* 10.30 - 11.30 is hotel checkout possible airports and or going to lunch .

* 12-2 pretty much nothing maybe some lunch business

* 2-4:30 airports / business travels

* 4.30 - 7 rush hour /dinner / going home from work . I typically find this time to my be with it unless surge because traffic sucks .

There is a ton of business out in Westchester , Mason , Loveland and Fairfield during the day.

I have a friend he comes into after noon and works till 4.30 maybe 5 . He sits in Union center and makes $50-$60 after cut consistently.

·
Registered
10 Posts

* 6-9am people are going to work. Being in the burbs : Clifton , Westside , Hyde Park , and Northern KY. (occasionally airports)

* 4.30 - 7 rush hour /dinner / going home from work . I typically find this time to my be with it unless surge because traffic sucks .

There is a ton of business out in Westchester , Mason , Loveland and Fairfield during the day.

I have a friend he comes into after noon and works till 4.30 maybe 5 . He sits in Union center and makes $50-$60 after cut consistently.
Thanks for the tips. I've been driving late nights for a while and might be making the switch to daytime soon.

·
Registered
11 Posts

These are a GREAT help!! Single mom of 4 children working on my masters degree!!
I need stability & jobs!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts