Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Being a Wednesday anything over 150 is am exceptional day
That may or may not be about what I hit. And I may or may not have hit it in about 5 hours and 120 miles. Or, it might have been $200 and 10 hours and 190 miles. It's really hard to say. But always remember to use Waze and take the route that pays the best. That can mean the difference between $150 and $200 in the same number of hours.

·
Premium Member
5,409 Posts
I start my days near XXXXX. Got an instant ping from XXXXXX at 4AM for a 5.0 rated Select run from a residential address. I drive 12-mins up there, and of course, for an airport run. Pax tells me first two drivers cancelled on him. WTF? Who cancels on a 4AM Select residential weekday run?

Thanks to those two drivers. I appreciate the $80 payout. Please continue to cancel at will.

(thought about it and XXXed out my locations).

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Ha. That is my daily winter goal too.
You need to up your game, Dex.

I start my days near XXXXX. Got an instant ping from XXXXXX at 4AM for a 5.0 rated Select run from a residential address. I drive 12-mins up there, and of course, for an airport run. Pax tells me first two drivers cancelled on him. WTF? Who cancels on a 4AM Select weekday run?

Thanks to those two drivers. I appreciate the $80 payout. Please continue to cancel at will.

(thought about it and XXXed out my locations).
I love it when a day starts out right.

·
Premium Member
5,409 Posts
You need to up your game, Dex.

I love it when a day starts out right.
I can hit that in two runs. It's a different game for me on the winter weekdays. Saving myself for summer. Remember that I pay myself a salary... so I am just trying to protect my cash reserves. It is a slower time of year, so pushing too hard will actually cost me money. Biz travel seems to be slow this week. I pushed really hard last weekend through ComicCon and cleaned up. If it feels like a slow week, I back off and take filtered runs from home. Some days I get none, some days four. But I shoot for two long airport runs per day. 14/week is $800-1000 gross and a nice base to work from for weekend bar crowds.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Nice instant edit, Dex.

As you know, never reveal your honey holes.

I can hit that in two runs. It's a different game for me on the winter weekdays. Saving myself for summer. Remember that I pay myself a salary... so I am just trying to protect my cash reserves. It is a slower time of year, so pushing too hard will actually cost me money. Biz travel seems to be slow this week. I pushed really hard last weekend through ComicCon and cleaned up. If it feels like a slow week, I back off and take filtered runs from home.
Just busting balls, bro. It means nothing. I shit-talk like Donald Trump.

·
Premium Member
5,409 Posts
Nice instant edit, Dex.

As you know, never reveal your honey holes.
I didn't want to make you mad again. LOL.

I hate when I don't get any airport runs before 7AM. Then I have to "drive desperate" and take surged X runs for commutes to downtown/SLU. I hate that grind. Not as much as I hate the drunk grind, but I hate the commuter grind.

I should start using a two-car system in the winter. Suburban until 7AM, then switch to my car for commuters.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts