Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any Sydney drivers wanna head down?? Lets do a true Ride-Share down to support all Drivers... Maybe we can all meet up & associateeeeeee... Lol
Great idea! You could I dunno...maybe car share?

And maybe just maybe someone could offer a billet or two? anyone? anyone?

A warning, it is not clear that the case will be completed on Sept 11, what is being decided is whether there is "no case" to hear. if is is decided that there is a case, then it will probably continue....but to be clear, it is a very important decision that could end the case, with potentially a fantastic result for 15 share drivers and all of us!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Notwithstanding that Nathan deserves community support, remember that in NSW, the case was dropped but it didn't mean that ride-sharing became any more (or less) illegal.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
An update sent today by Case Tracking:

Magistrates' Court of Victoria
Case Number: E13198286

The matter of TAXI SERVICES COMMISSION v BRENNER, NATHAN
is listed for hearing as follows:

Court Location: Melbourne Magistrates' Court
Date of Hearing: 25/09/2015
Time of Hearing: 2:00 PM
Type of Hearing: Hearing

·
Registered
580 Posts
An update sent today by Case Tracking:

Magistrates' Court of Victoria
Case Number: E13198286

The matter of TAXI SERVICES COMMISSION v BRENNER, NATHAN
is listed for hearing as follows:

Court Location: Melbourne Magistrates' Court
Date of Hearing: 25/09/2015
Time of Hearing: 2:00 PM
Type of Hearing: Hearing
anyone going today?

·
Registered
88 Posts
The court has set the trial date for October 9th. What they have essentially said today is that the TSC did not gather evidence illegally in their stings. This means that the TSC can legally go undercover as Uber passengers to fine drivers. While there may have been a bit of a "truce" while this point of law was argued - the decision today means that the TSC are probably going to come after Uber drivers in Melbourne pretty hard. I am not so sure I want to drive after the decision today.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I reckon they might wait until the court hands down its determination.

Calm before the storm if ride-sharing is a no-no

·
Registered
34 Posts
Uber said: "it should be decided by the government, not by the court". Classic Uber approach.

PM has praised Uber, it seems that ultimately Uber will sustain here, but some drivers will be sacrificed in the process, I stop driving now for few days to see.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I was the friendly-yet-mysterious chap in the back corner... :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I have stopped driving since friday after the court case as i was scared that I might me another trap from taxi Commission.

Do you guys think it is safe to drive now or wait until next hearing. I saw lot be uber on road, are these guys aware what is happening with uber case.

Also i saw too many surging on saturday night, it that mean there are less drivers on road, or there is simply more demand.

Any of you guys still driving after friday hearing.

Please share y0ur thoughts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, I have stopped driving since friday after the court case as i was scared that I might me another trap from taxi Commission.

Do you guys think it is safe to drive now or wait until next hearing. I saw lot be uber on road, are these guys aware what is happening with uber case.

Also i saw too many surging on saturday night, it that mean there are less drivers on road, or there is simply more demand.

Any of you guys still driving after friday hearing.

Please share y0ur thoughts.
No, because of the police and the insurance issue.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts