Uber Drivers Forum banner

Would you have gone upstairs with Robert?

• Yes, I'd take the $500.

Votes: 33 15.7%
  • Yes, but only for $1,000.

Votes: 27 12.9%
  • No, my body is priceless.

Votes: 111 52.9%
  • I'd do Robert for a 'tip in the app'.

Votes: 39 18.6%
1 - 20 of 454 Posts

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Uber passenger offered me $500 to have 'fun' with him (illegal) and wouldn't get out of my car. Guess he didn't care about the dashcam and posted video recording notices clearly visible in my car. It is not uncommon for passengers to tip up to $50 on very long rides, which is the only reason I offered to break his larger bill. The fastest and safest way to remove people from my vehicle is to deescalate the situation. I behaved the way I did in order to diffuse the situation without confrontation. Yes, I had easy access to a personal defense item.

And according to Uber's 'Legal' section on 'Community Guidelines': no you're not supposed to ask.
"Physical contact with the driver or fellow riders. As our community guidelines make clear, you shouldn't touch or flirt with other people in the car. As a reminder, Uber has a no sex rule. That's no sexual conduct with drivers or fellow riders, no matter what."

Furthermore: In the 'Legal' section on rider 'Terms of Service':
"You may not in your access or use of the Services cause nuisance, annoyance, inconvenience, or property damage, whether to the Third Party Provider or any other party."

If I get deactivated for sharing this video: I accept my fate.
And if that's the case, I'd like to take a second to thank a few of my favorite people here on the forums...
Cableguynoe Rakos 2Cents MadTownUberD SadUber The Gift of Fish tohunt4me UberLaLa Working and Driving

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Real good video....that guy seemed like a creeper. He does look like it could of been a quick 500 though, if not tied up and used all weekend like a sex toy.
Thanks! Yeah, he didn't look like the healthiest piggy. Oink.

·
Administrator
6,977 Posts
Uber passenger offered me $500 to have sex with him (illegal) and wouldn't get out of my car. Guess he didn't care about the dashcam and posted video recording notices clearly visible in my car. It is not uncommon for passengers to tip up to $50 on very long rides, which is the only reason I offered to break his larger bill. The fastest and safest way to remove people from my vehicle is to deescalate the situation. I behaved the way I did in order to diffuse the situation without confrontation. Yes, I had easy access to a personal defense item.

And if that's the case, I'd like to take a second to thank a few of my favorite people here on the forums...
Cableguynoe Rakos 2Cents MadTownUberD SadUber The Gift of Fish tohunt4me UberLaLa Working and Driving
Sorry to go off topic, but how come your vehicle appears to be Right Hand Drive? I'm assuming you're not in Australia or the UK or something.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Uber passenger offered me $500 to have sex with him (illegal) and wouldn't get out of my car. Guess he didn't care about the dashcam and posted video recording notices clearly visible in my car. It is not uncommon for passengers to tip up to $50 on very long rides, which is the only reason I offered to break his larger bill. The fastest and safest way to remove people from my vehicle is to deescalate the situation. I behaved the way I did in order to diffuse the situation without confrontation. Yes, I had easy access to a personal defense item.

Glad it ended well, that was just creepy.

Now, a personal defense item, you say? :eek: I like how you masked its name!:cool:
Mine came from Harbor Freight Tools :D

·
Registered
581 Posts
Awesome job handling that situation! Being nice should always be the first response to handling difficult situations... until the times comes when you need to stop being nice.

·
Registered
8,587 Posts

You handled that like a champ!
Nice job.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts

So you drive in the uk or something. Your image is reversed which is odd for a dashcam.

1 - 20 of 454 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.