Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haha Thanks! I am very familiar with bad driving and my small car aids in avoiding others. A bit annoying when I get huge crowds around my car, so paranoid one is going to brush against my fragile fenders and dent/scratch it.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Do any of you guys get any good footage like me? I got motor cycles jumping manhole covers, bad drivers, crazy pedestrians. I try to save most of it that is wild, I even catch things I didn't notice while driving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=AG0FgneFeQ0&feature=youtu.be
At bro how much did that whole set cost u if I were to do it how much am I looking at

·
Registered
373 Posts
$60 I posted a few links above where I bought the cam and memory card off amazon.
Thank you for the Amazon links, I bought the set of camera and SD card, and they work great. In my state, I have to let my passengers know about video and audio recordings. Do you have to do that in your state?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! I want one! Thinking of a new gimmic...record the trips and ask people if they wanna buy a copy of their ride. $5. I just say, "OMG you guys are hilarious. This video should be fun to rewatch. I can send you the footage if you want, just $5!". Narcasstic millennials would eat that up.

(see how desperate for any sort of extra money I am? Lol)

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
haha! I notify my passengers that I video record with a dash cam, and that while the video recorded is of the road in front of me it does capture audio from in the car. Not sure if its a law in PA though, its my car and I've never had an issue.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I drive in la ca is love to have one of those cameras. The reason I don't get in cuz I know all my pax would be uncomfortable and i will stop receiving 5 stars that's for sure I mean come on who likes to be recorded in a uber car. So that's why I don't put one on. Don't get me wrong I'd love to have one but I know my rating will plumit and I'll get an email from uber from one of the pax who complained that I invaded there privacy or some other bs complain

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Haven't had any of those issues. I have a tiny car, and notes taped to the window "Tips are not required by uber but are greatly appreciated". I ran tons of surge rides, plus had 3 trips that the gps took me the routes pax were not happy with, still ended the night 27 trips 4.8 ratting. As long as my 4.77 stays close to 4.8 I am happy, I got better ratings this night than when I was doing my best to please pax last week, ratings are just a way for uber to tell me to find a better job, if pax rate me bad then they will have one less driver to call for, I let them know that and I tell them 4 stars is a bad rating and drivers get to rate their passengers. I let them know only audio is recorded, and its required for safety purposes of my car insurance/life insurance policy if anyone was to ask more, they always seem so happy to see a dash camera, a few asked if uber requires it and if uber provided it.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Out of the 40 or so rides everyone approves of my dash camera, I have yet to find someone notice the camera without me mentioning it, its right behind the rear view mirror and the screen turns off after 30 seconds or so, I have it wired to constant 12V so it records even when turning car on and off. I let it re-record over itself constantly unless I have a memorable moment I want to review or incident. I am going to get a second sd card (32gb) to have a back up while taking time to review the footage.

Like I said before, most ask if uber provides the camera for me and if its required by uber. They always feel comfortable with it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts