Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be getting a Dash Cam for my van. What are the laws in Florida about letting people know u are using video? Also what cameras do you use?

From what I see Florida is not a single consent state. Is that correct?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Going to be getting a Dash Cam for my van. What are the laws in Florida about letting people know u are using video? Also what cameras do you use?

From what I see Florida is not a single consent state. Is that correct?
Fl is a two party consent state for wire tapping ie: phone conversations.

Audio/visual recording in public spaces, ie:a strangers vehicle where one has no reasonable expectation to privacy is not illegal. At least that is my understanding I am reviewing statues, for specifics regarding businesses (VFH services)

Can someone correct me if I am wrong?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Awesome contribution.

So I'm right on then yes? My verbiage is even on point.

An electronic hailing/dispatch service, aquired via downloading from a public platform, where terms and conditions state tracking occurs and information stored, where the use is under the unbrella of public transportation , would not be concidered by a panel of reasonable persons to be an environment where privacy can be expected.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Awesome contribution.

So I'm right on then yes? My verbiage is even on point.

An electronic hailing/dispatch service, aquired via downloading from a public platform, where terms and conditions state tracking occurs and information stored, where the use is under the unbrella of public transportation , would not be concidered by a panel of reasonable persons to be an environment where privacy can be expected.
Correct. Your camera needs to be visible and not hidden/inconspicuous type.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Correct. Your camera needs to be visible and not hidden/inconspicuous type.
Thanks, I missed that caveat.

In plain view but does not have to be announced any more than I have to announce I have a smart phone with recording capabilities.. or is that too specific? I think it may have to be a device devoted to such activity, in plain view but not nesessarily conspicuous, as inconspicuous could be considered a relative term.

I feel good with that. I'll get one noticeable to those not inibriated mounted on the dash l, two camera two band.

Thanks! !

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have thought a lot about getting a camera. Let me know which one you get and how you like it.
I have been off the forums for a few days and I'm glad to see the traffic is picking up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts