Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,298 Posts
That's so risky
Know what isn't risky? Chick rolls up to Rideservice sign A, B, thru F with the UberSticker and LAX Placard. Gets out and walks up to passengers and asks if they need a ride. How much is their Uber quote? Fine, she'll do it for 75% of that. Pax looks down and sees his/her Uber still 15 minutes away. Looks over at chick's car with Uber U and Placard and says, Yup! That's a scam that's been going on lately...

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Know what isn't risky? Chick rolls up to Rideservice sign A, B, thru F with the UberSticker and LAX Placard. Gets out and walks up to passengers and asks if they need a ride. How much is their Uber quote? Fine, she'll do it for 75% of that. Pax looks down and sees his/her Uber still 15 minutes away. Looks over at chick's car with Uber U and Placard and says, Yup! That's a scam that's been going on lately...
I think that's exactly what happened.

My pax called me right after I accepted the ride to let me know it was for her grandson (of age) and what he was wearing and where he was going. Then she asked me if there was anyway I could get there quicker. I explained the traffic situation and she said ok that she would let him know when I was close.

A few minutes later she called and said to cancel the ride because a lyft was up there who just got canceled on and was now free to take him right away. lol lol

Thankfully, she let me know before I got stuck in the madness.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts