Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Font Screenshot Brand Parallel Number

Font Circle Screenshot Electric blue Number

How do you all feel about these stacked trips?

I personally don't like them for 2 reasons:

1. They always seem to happen when you're planning on taking a break - Timing certainly sucks sometimes with Uber.
2. They are one of the reasons we don't see our old friend "Serge" anymore, because drivers are shown as available when they're not quite there yet.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I don't mind them, yea it might kill the surge a little bit, but not as much a Pool! And if it's something that reduces my downtime I'm all for it! That being said, it's a pain to get them when the destination in your GPS isn't the final destination.

·
Registered
212 Posts
....."left behind" a cheap pax more likely.
Whenever I try to 'decline' the 'new rider found' it says 'forbidden' so I'm forced to cancel, pick up, or ignore till they cancel.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
....."left behind" a cheap pax more likely.
Whenever I try to 'decline' the 'new rider found' it says 'forbidden' so I'm forced to cancel, pick up, or ignore till they cancel.
I left quite a few of those behind as of late.
Still haven't got the warning yet:"Hey you left some cheap Pax behind. Now they're having to re-request" :)
I actually got a text from someone the other day saying that he was gonna cancel and take a Taxi .... I'm like as long as you do it after 5 minutes it's fine with me :)

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, self sufficient - private contractors - driver partners - are now forced to take a request by forbidding them to decline it when they don't want or cannot do it at that time?
Waoo Uber owes us some serious money because that's got employer / employee relationship written all over it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
So, self sufficient - private contractors - driver partners - are now forced to take a request by forbidding them to decline it when they don't want or cannot do it at that time?
Waoo Uber owes us some serious money because that's got employer / employee relationship written all over it.
I'll try to get a screenshot IF theres a next time...

·
Registered
112 Posts
I might be tempted to not decline, if I could easily tell a Pool from an X. But that little popup at the top of the screen is hard enough to read while I'm driving and trying to give my current passenger a safe ride. I always decline.

What irks me is when it doesn't even give you that popup, just when you end the current ride it tells you where your next accepted pax is waiting - and I never had a chance to accept the new ride.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Why isn't uber considered a taxi cab company?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Does anything happen if you decline and dont accept the the poo requests frequently?
The only thing Uber may do to you for ignoring any request is put you in a time-out. Where they log you out of the app and don't allow you to log back in for between 4 and 30 min. Usually 4min. They can no longer deactivate you (in CA) for ignoring requests.

Many times I will ignore a pool ping and soon after get an X request from the same pax.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts