Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked around but I guess it is a secret as to what an inspector is checking for when doing the vehicle inspection. Is this similar to the annual inspection required by TX? I am assuming that it has more things to inspect and tighter allowable ranges but I just can't find it anywhere. If I have something that may need to be fixed in order to pass inspection I sure would like to know before I shell out for the inspection just to be told I need to fix this or that and then have to pay to get a second inspection.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Why are u wasting ur time and milage to drive with Uber on .85/mile. Don't even bother ur self to do the inspection which will cost some extra money.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, but I know I sound like I am an *******...so good luck, drive more dude and **** ur car untill u realize.
I'm not doing this to make money. This is mainly a time killer because I get off work a few hours before my wife and when we want to go out after work it doesn't make any since to drive 45 min home and then 45 min back, so if I can pick up a few fares and meet new people I consider it a wash as long as I'm not loosing money. I am not really putting any more wear on my car because I am cutting out the wasted round trip. I agree that trying to drive for uber to make money is a colossal waste of effort. I do, however, want to make sure I am legal, hence the question about the inspection.

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
I have looked around but I guess it is a secret as to what an inspector is checking for when doing the vehicle inspection. Is this similar to the annual inspection required by TX? I am assuming that it has more things to inspect and tighter allowable ranges but I just can't find it anywhere. If I have something that may need to be fixed in order to pass inspection I sure would like to know before I shell out for the inspection just to be told I need to fix this or that and then have to pay to get a second inspection.
Ummm the list is here:

http://dallascityhall.com/departments/codecompliance/Pages/Vehicle-Inspection.aspx

·
Registered
656 Posts
Why are u wasting ur time and milage to drive with Uber on .85/mile. Don't even bother ur self to do the inspection which will cost some extra money.
tohellwithu just curious what is this collectible car you drive that you don't want to put miles on.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
tohellwithu just curious what is this collectible car you drive that you don't want to put miles on.
Late Reply... I got 2015 BMW 750i hybrid. So guess driving for . 85/M dont make any sense to me and guess what u might be happy but i am not.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts